The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

The blaster beam is so synonymous with TMP it's weird to hear it in any other score.

Obviously an attempt by the Moderators to degrade and humiliate me.

The Cosman name still demands respect.

Oh cool, the 1200 single disc is Laurence Rosenthals' score to Meteor.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cf...1&archive=0

Nice one......I have a promo of this which is ok, but I must admit to this movie being a guilty pleasure and an enjoyable score for me...

Batman: The Animated Series?

It is. Some complete episode scores mostly from season 1, with one or two from season 2. And you can quote me on that.

Huh. :D

Wait, what is a "blaster beam"? Is that an aptly named synthezised sound?

It's a strange instrument used to create an alien sound, created and played (I believe) by a guy named Craig Huxley/Hurley. Featured heavily in STAR TREK - THE MOTION PICTURE.

It is. Some complete episode scores mostly from season 1, with one or two from season 2. And you can quote me on that.

Huh. :D

For the 2CD set which was pushed back. Just wait, it's coming.

Posted by LLLR today at FSM:

As for our BIG release, we are still going through the approval stage. When you are dealing with such an iconic figure as this all parties must make sure all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed.

MV

Huh. :huh:

Huh?

It's been long rumored that LaLaLand was going to release Shirley Walker's music to Batman: The Animated series. Apparently this is the release.

Wait, what is a "blaster beam"? Is that an aptly named synthezised sound?

It's a strange instrument used to create an alien sound, created and played (I believe) by a guy named Craig Huxley/Hurley. Featured heavily in STAR TREK - THE MOTION PICTURE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Beam

Huh. :lol:

Huh?

I'm just disconcerted that the October 31st release wasn't this.

It was originally going to be announced on the 31st, now LaLaLand hopes to announce it next Wednesday, Nov 5th.

After the Presidential election, it'll be interesting to see what will be released.

I think the day after a Presidential election should be like a mini Super Bowl all to itself:

Advertisers should take advantage of the opportunity to make new interesting commercials to replace the void left by all the aggravating and annyoing "pick me, screw him" commercials that air for months before each election. But alas, we'll only get the same old crappy commericals again.

It was originally going to be announced on the 31st, now LaLaLand hopes to announce it next Wednesday, Nov 5th.

Where did you find that, Mark? I thought 11/5 was simply the day Meteor was going to be available for purchase...

I thought he said he was going to officially announce both on the 5th. It looks like he changed some of his posts in the thread.

I'm losing track of all these releases, Intrada has two coming tonite as well.... ;)

I'm losing track of all these releases, Intrada has two coming tonite as well.... ;)

Yeah, it's getting really difficult to keep the proper track of all the various labels (re)releasing new scores ... Couldn't we have a sticky topic listing all the upcoming (re)releases? :huh:

I'm losing track of all these releases, Intrada has two coming tonite as well.... bowdown

Yeah, it's getting really difficult to keep the proper track of all the various labels (re)releasing new scores ... Couldn't we have a sticky topic listing all the upcoming (re)releases? :D

Intrada has two coming tonight? Crap what time?

I'll pass on both for lack of funds. I like the sound of Jingle All The Way and I don't mind David Newman, but it's really not a film I want a constant reminder of. Excellent for those who do get it though, it seems Intrada keep hitting home runs.

Would somebody who doesn't really like Matilda still like Jingle All the Way?

Do you like any other David Newman scores?

I don't have any other David Newman scores.

Do you like the sound clips?

My computer won't play them. I saw the film a couple of years ago, but I don't really remember anything about the score.

I have the Varese Matilda and it's quite a lovely score. I am sure I will like Jingle All The Way.

I'll pass on both for lack of funds.

Me too. :) Might order it sometime later though, if it's still available (though I suppose that's not very likely, seen as how it's limited to 1500 only).