The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Now that I think about it.... I don't think the X-Files set was considered "massive". However, massive....hmmm perhaps the Star Wars Saga? Now THAT would qualify as a massive box set. 12-CD's, with properly remastered versions of the Original Trilogy scores as well as the intended Prequel scores.

The complete "Die Hard" scores...

That would be impossible. Varèse owns the rights to Die Hard 2 in perpetuity. I don't think there was an official score only release for Die Hard: With A Vengeance.

Jurassic box!

If Varese releases club DEs to coincide with blu-ray releases, then LLL can too :)

... although, on re-read I think the ones 'at the plant' are regular releases. didn't MV mention the black friday titles were nearing completion? Maybe it's them... I've no idea how far in advance of release they need to have them in their warehouse.

Now that I think about it.... I don't think the X-Files set was considered "massive". However, massive....hmmm perhaps the Star Wars Saga? Now THAT would qualify as a massive box set. 12-CD's, with properly remastered versions of the Original Trilogy scores as well as the intended Prequel scores.

LLL would be label of the century if they had managed to get all 6 scores from Lucasfilm without so much as a whisper.

I don't think so.

hmmm perhaps the Star Wars Saga? Now THAT would qualify as a massive box set. 12-CD's, with properly remastered versions of the Original Trilogy scores as well as the intended Prequel scores.

No record company, however dedicated, could pull this off without being the stooge for fanboys around the world. It just isn't possible to satisfy nerds of STAR WARS caliber, where every nanosecond is scrutinized like a new cancer cure.

Apart from that, only the prequels need expansion. The other stuff has a record release history worthy of the Beatles.

COMING TUESDAY OCTOBER 25, 2011 AT 1 PM PST

55 Days At Peking – 2 cd set

Music by Dimitri Tiomkin

LLLCD 1184

Limited Edition of 2500 units

Retail price: $24.98

Produced by Didier C Deutsch and Mark G. Wilder

Mastered by Mark G. Wilder, Battery Studios, NY

Liner Notes by Frank K. DeWald

Art Direction by Jim Titus

Finally, one of Dimitri Tiomkin’s greatest scores gets digitally remastered and expanded in a lavishly produced 2 cd set courtesy of La-La Land Records and Sony Music. Sumptuous, exciting and epic only begin to describe one of Tiomkin’s finest works. This premiere release of essentially the complete score includes additional material that was not used in the final cut of the film. Heard in such broad scope, the music gives ample evidence of Tiomkin’s boundless energy and endless creativity. Detailed liner notes by Frank K DeWald take the listener behind the scenes of the film and the score. 24 page booklet designed by Jim Titus is nothing short of stunning. A MUST HAVE for any fan of Golden Age scores.

UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION – 2 cd set

Music by Greg Edmonson

LLLCD 1190

Limited Edition of 3000 units

Liner Notes by Daniel Schweiger

Art Direction by David C Fein

SCEA an LLL Records are delighted to announce the release of UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION, the third entry into the best selling “GAME OF THE YEAR” winning series! Composer Greg Edmonson (UNCHARTED 1 + 2, TV series Firefly and King of the Hill) crafts a high adventure globe trotting score. Orchestral score features bold themes that take the gamer through an endless series of pitfalls, machine gun battles and numerous swashbuckling adventures that would exhaust even Indiana Jones!

The first 100 orders through the La-La Land website will be autographed by the composer at no extra charge.

See y'all back here next week!

MV

By the way I think we can nix the possibility of a Star Wars Saga set coming from La-La Land, or anyone else other than from Sony. I emailed MV about the said possibility of LLL doing such a set. He got back to me on the matter.

Would KILL to do it but there are some properties Sony wants to keep all to themselves (Sound of Music is another one)

:(

By the way I think we can nix the possibility of a Star Wars Saga set coming from La-La Land, or anyone else other than from Sony. I emailed MV about the said possibility of LLL doing such a set. He got back to me on the matter.

Would KILL to do it but there are some properties Sony wants to keep all to themselves (Sound of Music is another one)

:(

They paid a handsome price for it, so. And Sony knows as well as any nerd that George Lucas isn't through with home video releases of this stuff, so they just wait for the next wave to put them out. And they will, it's a London recording, the fees are low and the films are still popular...inept as they are.

MV has not said one way or the other, but I would assume there will be another batch on either November 8 or November 15. He's announcing the final batch on Black Friday (November 25th) and they'll start shipping the following Tuesday (November 29)

I know what they are!

"300: The Deluxe Edition" (Tyler Bates)

"Chinatown" (archival; the same content as the old CD, only with bonus new cues re-preformed by some random composer. Works for BSX!)

"My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Season 1: Volume 1: The Brain Cancer Edition"

Random Bear McCreary title.

I know what they are!

"My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Season 1: Volume 1: The Brain Cancer Edition"

ROTFLMAO

Come now. My Little Pony seems to be the pet musical saga of many men over 40. Or so FSM messageboard would have me believe when I see their rants of how wonderful that stuff is. :P

Batman Returns, Home Alone and Star Trek V were sent to me as promos. I sent Batman Returns to a fellow JWFANer since the score did nothing for me and I didn't like it as much as the original Batman score. However, Home Alone and Star Trek V I still love to this day.

I saw Home Alone coming, sort of (well, I wasn't surprised when it turned up) as Matessino posted a photo of the McAllister house on FB. The timing was way too perfect to ignore.

And I recently heard Star Trek V after Trent insisted I listen to it. Its good enough that I'd buy it if it were still in print.

I know what they are!

ROTFLMAO

Come now. My Little Pony seems to be the pet musical saga of many men over 40. Or so FSM messageboard would have me believe when I see their rants of how wonderful that stuff is. :P

I have cancer in my ears, eyes, and brain from watching a short clip of that ... "show".

And I recently heard Star Trek V after Trent insisted I listen to it. Its good enough that I'd buy it if it were still in print.

:thumbup:

"Good enough" doesn't cut it, Richard! But yes, buy it if you get a chance..

And yes, Trent recommended it to me as too (and few other people as well) and then he recommended First Knight as well (which I also really enjoy). The first disc might be one of my favourite single CD's of Goldsmith I've got. TPM is up there as well.

Karol

Not yet. I'm not a complete Goldsmith ignorant, got like 30 of his scores and they are all worthy (at worst). Many of them are the best film music has to offer.

But this one I've never heard. None of it. It's one of those significant gaps I will fill in eventually. For example, I still need to buy Alien.

Karol

But this one I've never heard. None of it. It's one of those significant gaps I will fill in eventually. For example, I still need to buy Alien.

I finally bought Alien a couple of months ago. It's definitely worth the price.

Did he make sure to recommend "Rudy", also? 'cause it's one of his greatest. And I consider it one of the best scores ever written.

I find the main theme too big and sugary. I'd probably enjoy a nice piano rendition, but the full orchestra + choir + apparently Goldsmith himself bellowing at one point, is just too much.

And the main score did nothing for me. I should remind that I'm generally not a fan of Goldsmith. I have 11 of his scores.

The choir in Rudy can be a bit too much, but you quickly get used to it. Otherwise the score is marvellous. And the grand suite (has this been performed anywhere else than at the RAH in 2001?) is all the most relevant stuff in purely orchestral form. I'd welcome a high quality recording of that.

Same two as I got? (Home Alone and Star Trek V)

Got the same two, but they only arrived after Christmas - so I haven't actually listened to HA yet.

55 Days at Peking track list:

1. Overture (02:57)

2. Main Title (03:04)

3. “Peking, China, the summer of the year 1900...” * (00:46)

4. Order From A Prime Minister / In The Palace * (01:47)

5. Oriental * (01:21)

6. The Water Wheel Torture * (01:38)

7. A Dead Britis* Missionary * (00:40)

8. Welcome Marines (01:56)

9. Hotel Blanc (02:26)

10. Lewis And Natasha’s First Encounter * (02:21)

11. Prince Tuan * (02:05)

12. Dance At The Britis* Embassy (Mono)* (The Belfry Two-Step) (03:07) Conducted by Herb Taylor

13. The Boxers Entertain* (02:44)

14. Natasha’s Waltz (02:22)

15. Murder Of The German Minister (02:13)

16. Mass Execution * (00:30)

17. An Empress’ Warning * (01:11)

18. Rescued From An Angry Crowd * (01:10)

19. Preparing For Battle * (02:14)

20. Natasha Visits A Chinaman * (01:39)

21. Lewis And Natasha Disagree *+ (01:11)

22. Attack On The French Legation (03:18)

23. Britis* Soldier Wounded * (00:50)

24. On Top Of The Wall * (02:07)

25. All Quiet On The Eastern Front * (Mono) (00:35)

26. Here They Come (Peking First Battle) (02:46)

27. Hospital Scene * (01:05)

28. Moon Fire (05:44)

Disc/Cassette 2

1. Intermission: The Peking Theme (So Little Time) (02:29) D. Tiomkin / P.F. Webster

2. Children’s Corner (01:40)

3. At The Hospital * (01:06)

4. A Message From Admiral Sidney * (01:21)

5. Lewis And Natasha * (03:04)

6. Theresa In Danger * (01:56)

7. Religious Ceremony / Covert Operation * (04:15)

8. Spoiling The Empress’ Party: Explosion Of The Arsenal (02:39)

9. Old Soldiers Never Volunteer * (02:15)

10. Lewis Saves The Boy * (01:49)

11. Necklace For Drugs * (01:15)

12. The Truce Is Over * (01:08)

13. Theresa And Lewis * (01:01)

14. Death Of Natasha+ (02:52)

15. A New Kind Of Weapon * (02:28)

16. Peking Second Battle (00:45)

17. Bad News * (02:18)

18. Attack On The Compound * (01:51)

19. Help Arrives (02:52)

20. The Empress Alone * (01:37)

21. Auld Lang Syne* (Sir Arthur And Lewis Say Goodbye) (00:42)

22. End Title (01:37)

23. Exit Music: The Peking Theme (So Little Time) (02:50) D. Tiomkin / P.F. Webster Vocal: Andy Williams

24. So Little Time* (Mono) EP version (02:15)

25. March* (Mono) EP version (01:56)

26. Natasha* (Mono) EP version (01:57)

27. Theresa* (Mono) EP version (02:06)

28. So Little Time (Mono) Single version (02:16)

29. Moon Fire (Mono) Single version (02:02)

* Previously unreleased

+ Unused in film

Total Duration: 01:54:09

La-la Land's mailer is out:

55 DAYS AT PEKING: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1184

Music by Dimitri Tiomkin

Limited Edition of 2500 Units

ORDER “55 DAYS AT PEKING: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” OCT. 25th (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING OCT. 28th

RETAIL PRICE $24.98

55-Days-At-Peking-Email.jpg

La-La Land Records and Sony Music presents the remastered and expanded 2-CD SET of legendary composer Dimitri Tiomkin’s (SHADOW OF A DOUBT, GIANT, RIO BRAVO, THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA) score to the 1963 motion picture epic 55 DAYS AT PEKING, starring Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner and David Niven, directed by Nicholas Ray. Tiomkin’s robust orchestral score, regarded as one of his finest works, soars with excitement and boundless creativity. Expanded by well over an hour beyond its original LP release, this comprehensive re-issue contains additional material that was not used in the final cut of the film. Produced by Didier C. Deutsch and Mark G. Wilder, and mastered by Mark G. Wilder from recently discovered Sony Music vault elements, this release is a must for all golden age score enthusiasts. The handsome 24-Page booklet contains exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music writer Frank K. DeWald. This is a limited edition of 2500 units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC ONE

1 Overture 2:57

2 Main Title 3:04

3 “Peking, China, the summer of the year 1900...” * :46

4 Order From A Prime Minister / In The Palace * 1:47

5 Oriental * 1:21

6 The Water Wheel Torture * 1:38

7 A Dead British Missionary * :40

8 Welcome Marines 1:56

9 Hotel Blanc 2:26

10 Lewis And Natasha’s First Encounter * 2:21

11 Prince Tuan * 2:05

12 Dance At The British Embassy (Mono)* (The Belfry Two-Step) 3:07 Conducted by Herb Taylor

13 The Boxers Entertain* 2:44)

14 Natasha’s Waltz 2:22

15 Murder Of The German Minister 2:13

16 Mass Execution * :30

17 An Empress’ Warning* 1:11

18 Rescued From An Angry Crowd * 1:10

19 Preparing For Battle * 2:14

20 Natasha Visits A Chinaman * 1:39

21 Lewis And Natasha Disagree *+ 1:11

22 Attack On The French Legation 3:18

23 British Soldier Wounded* :50

24 On Top Of The Wall* 2:07

25 All Quiet On The Eastern Front* (Mono) :35

26 Here They Come (Peking First Battle) 2:46

27 Hospital Scene* 1:05

28 Moon Fire 5:44

Disc One Time: 55:49

DISC TWO

1 Intermission: The Peking Theme (So Little Time) 2:29 (D. Tiomkin/P.F. Webster)

2 Children’s Corner 1:40

3 At The Hospital* 1:06

4 A Message From Admiral Sidney* 1:21

5 Lewis And Natasha* 3:04

6 Theresa In Danger* 1:56

7 Religious Ceremony / Covert Operation* 4:15

8 Spoiling The Empress’ Party: Explosion Of The Arsenal 2:39

9 Old Soldiers Never Volunteer* 2:15

10 Lewis Saves The Boy* 1:49

11 Necklace For Drugs* 1:15

12 The Truce Is Over* 1:08

13 Theresa And Lewis* 1:01

14 Death Of Natasha+ 2:52

15 A New Kind Of Weapon* 2:28

16 Peking Second Battle :45

17 Bad News* 2:18

18 Attack On The Compound* 1:51

19 Help Arrives 2:52

20 The Empress Alone* 1:37

21 Auld Lang Syne* :42 (Sir Arthur And Lewis Say Goodbye)

22 End Title 1:37

23 Exit Music: The Peking Theme (So Little Time) 2:50 (D. Tiomkin/P.F. Webster) Vocal: Andy Williams

24 So Little Time* (Mono) EP version 2:15

25 March* (Mono) EP version 1:56

26 Natasha* (Mono) EP version 1:57 27 Theresa* (Mono) EP version 2:06

28 So Little Time (Mono) Single version 2:16

29 Moon Fire (Mono) Single version 2:02

Disc Two Time: 58:21

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 114:13

* Previously unreleased

+ Unused in film

UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION: LIMITED EDITION

(2-CD SET) LLLCD 1190

Music by Greg Edmonson

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

ORDER “UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” OCT. 25th (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Greg Edmonson at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

STARTS SHIPPING OCT. 28th

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Uncharted-3-Email.jpg

La-La Land and SCEA present the original 2-CD score soundtrack to the new Sony PlayStation 3 videogame UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION. This third installment of the hit UNCHARTED game series continues the adventures of swashbuckling treasure hunter Nathan Drake, as he finds himself in a new variety of challenging environments. Composer Greg Edmonson (FIREFLY, KING OF THE HILL, UNCHARTED GAME SERIES) fashions an exciting musical soundscape, propelling Drake throughout his search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands.” This thrilling game score is a dynamic stand-alone listen. Produced for SCEA by Jonathan Mayer and mastered by Marc Senasac, this special 2-CD release contains more than two full hours of thrilling, adventurous score! The exclusive liner notes are by film music writer Daniel Schweiger, featuring new comments from composer Edmonson and others. This is a Limited Edition of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC ONE:

1. Nate’s Theme 3.0 (1:48)

2. Atlantis of the Sands (2:33)

3. The Setup (2:29)

4. Small Beginnings (2:16)

5. Bazaar Brawl* (2:49)

6. The Settlement (2:59)

7. Badlands (2:44)

8. As Above, So Below (2:05)

9. Iram of the Pillars (2:58)

10. Arachnophobia (2:05)

11. The London Underground (2:25)

12. Mind Games* (2:53)

13. Sink or Swim (3:06)

14. The Empty Quarter** (2:24)

15. Boarding Party (3:04)

16. Second-Story Work (2:06)

17. Maritime Malfeasance (2:35)

18. Drake’s Return (3:43)

19. Shootout (2:37)

20. Oh No Chateau (2:46)

21. Science and Magic (3:04)

22. Museum Bust (4:46)

23. Searching for Sully (3:18)

24. The Caravan* (3:18)

25. Pursuit (2:54)

26. Something Better (2:33)

Disc One Time 72:18

DISC TWO:

1. East End Boys (3:50)

2. Marlowe, I Presume? (2:23)

3. Cruisin’ for a Bruisin’ (3:03)

4. The Rub’ al Khali** (2:05)

5. The Streets of Ubar* (2:04)

6. Reckless - Powerplay (Thorn Remix) (2:28)

7. Secret Order (2:39)

8. Marlowe’s Revenge (1:58)

9. Dreamers of the Day* (3:50)

10. Science and Magic - Powerplay (Buresh Remix) (2:20)

11. Ambushed (2:26)

12. Abducted (2:15)

13. Reckless (3:00)

14. A Plane to Catch (1:18)

15. Nowhere to Run (3:50)

16. The Streets of Yemen* (3:04)

17. Stowaway (2:32)

18. Iram of the Pillars -Powerplay (Bricker Remix) (3:06)

Disc Two Time 48:11

TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 120:29

* Music by Azam Ali

** Music by Clint Bajakian

LOW STOCK ALERT!!!!

BAD BOYS - Less than 120 units remain

MAY – Less than 100 units remain

Get ‘em now before they’re gone for good!

Source: http://secure.campai...5J--APNO-gkivq3

Looks like that massive box set is going to be a Friday The 13th box set.

Per LLL's Facebook page.

On Friday the 13th, in January of 2012, La-La Land Records, producers of the MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRCK COLLECTION and THE X-FILES BOX SETS, will unleash a limited edition 6-CD BOX SET of acclaimed composer Harry Manfredini’s legendary scores from filmdom’s most iconic horror series, FRIDAY THE 13TH: PARTS I – VI. Limited to just 1300 Units, this comprehensive box set will showcase some of the most chilling, daring and skillfully orchestrated film music ever composed for the genre. The remastered scores for the first six FRIDAY THE 13TH films will be presented within – featuring more than 5 full hours of music, much of it previously not available in any official format and most of it exclusive to this special release. Also included - an exclusive 40-Page booklet that drags you deeper into the music of Camp Crystal Lake and the composer that empowered the unstoppable horror that dwells there, Jason Voorhees. Both the booklet and the six CDs will be housed in a frightfully attractive hard-cover slipcase.

So you’ve been warned, horror and movie music fans… Mark the week of January 13th, 2012 on your calendars if you dare, as La-La Land is planning both a special Box Set composer/talent signing, as well as a killer screening event to commemorate this release.

To whet your appetitie, check this out:

http://www.fearnet.c...tion_harry.html

Composer Harry Manfredini and Sean Cunningham speak with FEARnet about the music and legacy of Friday the 13th. Friday the 13th: The Ultimate Compilation is available on iTunes on October 25, 2011.

Friday the 13th: The Ultimate Compilation features music from the Friday the 13th films compiled by Harry Manfredini and Sean Cunningham. Says Manfredini: "I am so excited about the new CD available for download through Lionsgate Records and Fearnet.com. I have put together some of the most requested excerpts from the first six of the Friday the 13th scores. The collection includes the ‘Diner Song' which is probably the most requested of all!

Also here is Illustrating The Score's latest avatar.

299543_278622722172698_112035492164756_939126_1068794768_n.jpg