John Williams wins third Emmy!

Trumpeteer

John Williams wins his third Emmy, in the category Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music:

http://www.emmys.com/nominations?tid=124

;)

I've heard it, and it is indeed outstanding!

The E! Network is broadcasting it Friday at 1 p.m. (Eastern time I think). Hopefully we'll get to see JW accept the award!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wins an Emmy, Grammies, but the one he wanted to have so badly in 2006 - the Oscar for Memoirs - he couldn't get... stupid Academy Members

EDIT - I highly doubt that we will see him, since this is not a very important Category (to the general public) and last years show was critisized because being very boring...

He wins an Emmy, Grammies, but the one he wanted to have so badly in 2006 - the Oscar for Memoirs - he couldn't get... stupid Academy Members

I'm just curious - how do we know that he wanted it? Did he ever say it himself? Giveh the man's humbleness, I somehow seriously doubt that ... :lol: Or is it "Oh come on it's obvious we all know how badly he wanted it" kind of thing?

I'm just curious - how do we know that he wanted it? Did he ever say it himself? Giveh the man's humbleness, I somehow seriously doubt that ... :lol: Or is it "Oh come on it's obvious we all know how badly he wanted it" kind of thing?

He was advertising this Soundtrack like never one of his before.

He performed "Sayuri's Theme" together with Yo-Yo Ma in the "Tonight Show", also he released an itunes exclusive suite of the Soundtrack with him on the pno and yo yo ma.

I think several users here will agree that he did care more about winning an Oscar for that one than for any others in the recent past. well maybe "So badly" was a bit exagerated/but maybe not. and by the way he clearly deserved it that year - easily the best effort of the nominees.

He was advertising this Soundtrack like never one of his before.

He performed "Sayuri's Theme" together with Yo-Yo Ma in the "Tonight Show", also he released an itunes exclusive suite of the Soundtrack with him on the pno and yo yo ma.

I think several users here will agree that he did care more about winning an Oscar for that one than for any others in the recent past. well maybe "So badly" was a bit exagerated/but maybe not. and by the way he clearly deserved it that year - easily the best effort of the nominees.

I completely agree with you. Plus, it was the only movie he ever asked to score out of his whole career thus far.

Congratulations Maestro for this win! One has to wonder where you keep all your awards? ;)

:lol:

I forget where he said it, but when Williams was asked once if he ever got bored of all the accolades his reply was that it's always nice to be recognized and appreciated.

Just saw the "acceptance speech" on E!. It consisted of Sharon Osbourne announcing the winner, and then a pre-taped non-specific "speech", which was just Kathy Griffin making a joke about selling the award.

Just saw the "acceptance speech" on E!. It consisted of Sharon Osbourne announcing the winner, and then a pre-taped non-specific "speech", which was just Kathy Griffin making a joke about selling the award.

?

Sorry just can't picture this: They said that the Winner is "..John Williams" and nothing like - "who can't be here tonight.."

and what had this clip todo with Williams? why sell it? because he wasn't there, or why?