New details on Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Eric_JWFAN

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Williams was involved with the choir songs.

Yeah Williams goes around by a street name Beatbox Johnny. :lol: I wonder will this revamping of HP music appeal to any demographic in existence? That was a pretty awful performance all around.

Oh

my

god.

:lol:

Sigh... Agree, this will not appeal to my 4 year old, me or my wife 6 years younger. Do they think this is 1992, where everything has to become cheesy R&B to be viable?

She's got charisma and the ability to actually conduct decently, though the fake English accent isn't quite working for me. I mean, they've trained our ears by having all authentic British actors in the films. I appreciate that they're trying, but it's not quite there.

The good news is that a performing group like this can be given different songs, better training, new members, and so forth. It's not like an attraction, which is a done deal once it's built, to a certain extent.

Some footage taken from the 'soft' opening of the park indicates they've used both John Williams' and Patrick Doyle's material throughout the theme park. The Ollivander's store features the music from the "Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone" scene, coupled with the "Secrets of the Castle" cue from "Azkaban." The only Doyle material is used for the fourth-film centric street attractions; the Durmstrang students do the same dance as seen in "Goblet" to the latter part of "Foreign Visitors Arrive". The Beauxbaton students do a ribbon dance choreographed to "Potter Waltz."

I think the music for "Hagrid the Professor" plays around Hagrid's hut, but I'm not entirely sure. And I don't know whether the main ride attraction 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey' includes original music or OST music. If no one confirms what music is used in the ride before I go to Orlando in late July, I'll be able to do it.

There are rumors that JW will be at the grand opening this Friday 6/18. There's even one rumor (from a Universal sound technician) that he will be conducting an orchestra and choir for the event. I can only hope, I'll be there.

There are rumors that JW will be at the grand opening this Friday 6/18. There's even one rumor (from a Universal sound technician) that he will be conducting an orchestra and choir for the event. I can only hope, I'll be there.

Maybe it's a sign :thumbup:

It's really weird that he'd be there but not scoring the last film

We don't know that yet. Anything's possible.

Anyway, Universal Orlando confirmed it on their Twitter page:

And Mugglenet snapped a pic of them preparing the stands and seats for the orchestra here. Maybe he'll announce that he's scoring Part Two there?

I knew it! Yesssss! I wonder if he'll play a special programme or if he'll just go with the Potter Suite he usually plays... At least I hope he adds "Buckbeack's Flight"! :)

He's gonna be sweating his ass off.

Yes he will. It's been crazy hot and muggy (no pun intended) here lately. I hope I can see his performance, but I doubt it. I am not planning on arriving at 4am like a lot of people. I have a feeling they will be closing off the area after the first few thousand enter.

This does seem like he's trying to re-attach his name to the franchise. Fingers crossed a Part II announcement is imminent (although, in all fairness, I think Desplat should have his score locked and loaded before anyone considers Part II's composer).

As much as I'd like this speculation to come true, in recent years JW has seemed to enjoy performing his music more than writing new stuff...I wouldn't be surprised if he is willing to perform for the theme park without having any hope of re-attaching him name to the franchise. And I really can't imagine JW doing something so flashy and theatrical...he seems like someone who would politely release the information in a press release or wait for somebody to ask him the question in an interview. But I'll cross my fingers!

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotternews/

Live feed there.

Diagon Alley is playing and it sounds different. Extended?

Just played Reunion of Friends and it sounded slightly different.

This just got completely bizarre.

I heard Cakes for Crabbe and Goyle, then some unknown piece. Now a ridiculous choir piece Hogwarts march. The goofy version of Double Trouble now...

That was an interesting medley - not a horrible performance. And whoever it was that wanted Buckbeaks Flight got it during the fireworks.

Keep tuned it. I hear Diagon Alley. So cool. Has this extended version been released?

It's one movement from the Children's Suite for Orchestra Williams arranged and recorded back at the time. Never been released, unfortunately.

Keep tuned it. I hear Diagon Alley. So cool. Has this extended version been released?

It's one movement from the Children's Suite for Orchestra Williams arranged and recorded back at the time. Never been released, unfortunately.

That was an interesting medley - not a horrible performance. And whoever it was that wanted Buckbeaks Flight got it during the fireworks.

Yes, that moment was epic! The only negative point is that the percussion seemed incorrectly recorded, or maybe it was the orchestra... I don't know really, we have to watch it again! :cool: