New details on Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Eric_JWFAN

That was an interesting medley - not a horrible performance. And whoever it was that wanted Buckbeaks Flight got it during the fireworks.

Yes, that moment was epic! The only negative point is that the percussion seemed incorrectly recorded, or maybe it was the orchestra... I don't know really, we have to watch it again! :cool:

I could be wrong but I thought I saw John conducting the orchestra during the fireworks. It was hard to tell because the streaming video seemed to have at least three sources of audio (orchestra, MC, and soundtrack overlay on the site), hence the audio problems when the CEO started speaking.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong but I thought I saw John conducting the orchestra during the fireworks. It was hard to tell because the streaming video seemed to have at least three sources of audio (orchestra, MC, and soundtrack overlay on the site), hence the audio problems when the CEO started speaking.

Yeah, I saw him too. I think he was filmed during the Werewolf action music of POA, and then it went to Buckbeack's Flight, and then the Finale. It was great!

I really hope somebody recorded it...

Wow, those woodwinds are mixed way too loudly...and they're not playing very well. =|

I have a number of friends in the Orlando Phil. Honestly, they're not all that great.

Wow, those woodwinds are mixed way too loudly...and they're not playing very well. =|

I agree. But I actually think it was kind of interesting to watch JW conduct a relatively inferior orchestra. On the other hand, the horns were pretty good. :cool:

Crap I was playing a videogame and forgot to check it out

I'm not understanding the timeline of this. Was there pre-recorded music then JW conducted some pieces? What pieces did JW actually conduct live?

Some new percussion stuff in "Harry's Wondrous World"...it's nice to hear some variety, but I definitely prefer the old version. I like the more exagerrated ritardando at the reprise of the first theme we hear after Hedwig's.

I like how the actors seem to be extra enthusiastic when Williams' name is mentioned.

36217401021302851908674.jpg

Music was playing before the broadcast. Diagon Alley and the Gringotts Vault, Reunion of Friends and something from the later movies. When the video began, you saw the orchestra in the dark with their music sheets illuminated. It seemed like they were performing Cakes for Crabbe and Goyle and another piece I'm unfamiliar with. The little guy came out and there were the two embarrassing choir songs (Hogwarts March/Double Trouble). Williams himself was then introduced and conducted Harry's Wondrous World and a special medley for the grand opening. Comprised of snippets from Letters from Hogwarts, The Werewolf Scene, Buckbeack's Flight and Hedwig's Theme. When the video feed ended, you could still hear music. It was an extended Diagon Alley. It may have been performed since I heard clapping at the end.

Anybody else really like the new arrangment of Hedwig's Theme? I specially dig the moment when the celesta solo ends and it goes into that fantastic string passage. It sounds magical, but at the same time kinda dark. Perfect for the DH2 opening! :)

Also, I like how then it goes into a more string-based version of the theme.

By the way, I really liked how the actors applauded with more entusiasm when Johnny's name was pronunced. And then Johnny waving back to them. It was great! I bet it was the first time they actually saw themselves in person.

Boy, this gets my hopes high for DH2! But Desplat is an excellent choice if he doesn't return. However, I have a feeling that he will. Tomorrow we'll see ;)

Anybody else really like the new arrangment of Hedwig's Theme? I specially dig the moment when the celesta solo ends and it goes into that fantastic string passage.

I don't think it's a new arrangement, it sounds identical to the cue "Letters from Hogwarts" from SS.

Anybody else really like the new arrangment of Hedwig's Theme? I specially dig the moment when the celesta solo ends and it goes into that fantastic string passage.

I don't think it's a new arrangement, it sounds identical to the cue "Letters from Hogwarts" from SS.

You're right! Sorry, I hadn't listened to the first HP soundtrack in a long time. Now that you pointed that out, I wanna revisit it!

Why will we know tomorrow?

Because Johnny's attending the opening tomorrow, and I bet someone will ask him if he'll return or not. Pure speculation, but it's possible.

Because Johnny's attending the opening tomorrow, and I bet someone will ask him if he'll return or not. Pure speculation, but it's possible.

Ah, I thought the concert was on the opening day. Cool! I'd be happy to get some facts, even though I am pretty confident that JW will not be on Part II.

Universal really pulled out all the stops. This was a phenomenal event between Williams conducting the orchestra to Harry Potter & co. showing up and the castle show. Brilliant, as the Brits would say.

Really want to go.

Anyone know where one can listen to the Diagon Alley performance? I'm curious to hear it. I'm wondering if it's the original version of the cue, only the last half of which can be heard on the OST or in the film. The first part of it is similar to the Children's Suite version heard partially on the OST, but with more orchestral elements.

After starting this thread 9 months ago, I can finally report that I got to experience the Wizarding World first hand today. Going on opening day was probably not the smartest thing - there was a 2 hour wait just to get into the general area of the park and then long lines for everything from rides to just shops. There was over an hour wait just to get into the wand shop. Outside it was shoulder to shoulder everywhere. The featured attraction (Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey) had a surprisingly short wait of 2 hours when I was there, although I heard it was longer earlier in the day. But I can honestly say all this was well worth it. If you are a HP fan, this is an absolute must see. No detail was left behind. And yes, lots and lots of JW music. :-) My only real complaint is it should have been bigger. There's just not nearly enough room to accommodate the gigantic crowds that will continue to come for the indefinite future. My guess is that they will eventually expand it by transforming what is left of Lost Continent, the land that neighbors it.

Guys I'm kicking my self hard for not knowing that JW would be in orlando! Does anyone know if JW would perform his work any upcoming time in orlando? or is it too late?

Guys I'm kicking my self hard for not knowing that JW would be in orlando! Does anyone know if JW would perform his work any upcoming time in orlando? or is it too late?

Don't kick yourself, you would not have been able to see him anyway. The Wednesday event that he conducted for was media and VIP only. The closest you would have gotten to him is the neighboring land and you would not have been able to see anything. And he wasn't there yesterday with the rest of the cast. As expected, he likely came in for the Wednesday gig and left pretty soon after that.

Don't kick yourself, you would not have been able to see him anyway. The Wednesday event that he conducted for was media and VIP only. The closest you would have gotten to him is the neighboring land and you would not have been able to see anything. And he wasn't there yesterday with the rest of the cast. As expected, he likely came in for the Wednesday gig and left pretty soon after that.

ERIC, How was the Butter Beer?

ERIC, How was the Butter Beer?

Unfortunately I never got any. There was a line of about 200 people. I'm going back there probably tomorrow so hopefully I'll get to try it out.

I think J.K. Rowling's influence is overwhelmingly evident in this place. It's widely known that she oversaw every detail and demanded *her* approval on every last detail before anything was finalized. The butter beer stand is a great example of this. We know dam well that a tiny kiosk-sized beer stand is no where near large enough to service the literally thousands of people that are going to want one. The wand shop - she obviously wanted it small and quaint like in her books. And it is TINY. Problem is, 10,000 people want a wand. Every other store - SMALL. Universal would have never built it this way if the contract didn't require her approval. Make no mistake, I LOVE the quaint aspect of the shops. They are dripping with atmosphere. But it doesn't work very well when it's completely crammed inside and there are lines 250 feet long just to get inside.

I went to Animal Kingdom a week after it opened in Disney World, it was a complete waste of money. Nothing worked and there were crowds everywhere. But I heard that got better

I'm sure that they will tweek things over the next year at the WWOHP. I hope to visit in 2011

I went to Animal Kingdom a week after it opened in Disney World, it was a complete waste of money. Nothing worked and there were crowds everywhere. But I heard that got better

I'm sure that they will tweek things over the next year at the WWOHP. I hope to visit in 2011

I make it a point never to go to a theme park or attraction shortly after opening. That started when I heard friends bringing back tales of the 8-hour lines for Indiana Jones when it first openend at Disneyland (lines wound back and forth into Tomorrowland). When I was there a year later, we were able to ride the ride twice in a the morning by using the early entry program while staying at the Disneyland Hotel. And having been to Animal Kingdom a couple of times now, I have to say it is definitely worth a visit, even if just for the Kilimanjaro Safaris and Expedition to Everest, both of which you can ride with little wait now that they've been open a while.

I would love to see WWOHP, but not under the present circumstances - I may have to make an off-peak trip in the fall or winter.

Inside chatter prior to Universal's announcement they would be developing this place was that both Disney and Universal presented their conceptualizations for themed Harry Potter attractions to J.K. Rowling. She was apparently unimpressed with Disney. Of course, I'm sure the Disney fanatics abroad are snuffing their noses at Universal's island and singing praises for Disney and how they'd have done it all better. But I'm not convinced of this, and I AM a Disney fanboy. Although, I happen to find Disney and Universal a magical combination. They go together like peanut butter and jelly or apple and cinnamon. I can't do one without the other. So I'm also logical. We'll never really know, but I believe J.K. Rowling made the right choice here, even if the stores are too small.

Animal Kingdom was a disaster. Not a disaster of Disney's California Adventure proportions, but still pretty bad. A major problem was that there weren't enough standard Disney theme park attractions, a problem they've addressed to varying results in the last decade. It was too different. Turns out a lot of people that go through turnstiles at Disney park would like more than to sweat their asses off viewing animals. They want rides and shows. There was supposed to be an entire land devoted to mythological creatures with a dragon roller coaster (ironically, concepts for these attractions showed up at Universal's Islands of Adventure). The park's various messages relating to wildlife and the environment were somewhat lost. For instance, why the hell is there a McDonald's in the park? I'm not certain, but didn't they bull-doze positively epic amounts of Florida wetlands in recreating an African savana? It's all very weird when you've got grandma whoever from Pocahontas trying to educate you about deforestation. I feel a bit sad about my opinion of AK sometimes since they did put a lot of effort into decorating the place and it did fulfill a dream of Walt Disney's. But it still ain't that great.

I remember telling my other half James that it reminded me of Jurassic Park. We went on the safari and I thought what Jeff Goldblum's character thought, there will be animals on animal tour. The only animal we saw on that ride was the Giraffes and thats because they were tall.

I remember telling my other half James that it reminded me of Jurassic Park. We went on the safari and I thought what Jeff Goldblum's character thought, there will be animals on animal tour. The only animal we saw on that ride was the Giraffes and thats because they were tall.

Each time I've gone we've seen plenty of animals - lion, giraffes, hippos, you name it. They say it's better to go in the morning. Or they could have come up with better ways to keep the animals in sight since you went.

By the way, I think Animal Kingdom is an amazing place considering all the attention to detail in such a huge park. Most of the rides are disappointing, but Everest makes up for that. It lacks the magic of Disney characters or movie-themed attractions but it's a unique experience. And I'm no eco-nut but if you consider the amount of land Disney owns and protects around its parks, it is probably saving more wetlands than it drains (and it's not like it was built in the Everglades). All that land would have eventually become an addendum to The Villages if Disney wasn't there.

• 2 months later...

Just back from this. It's completely amazing. Definitely lives up to the hype and it's worth traveling a great distance to experience. It's put me into a big Harry Potter mood. You can walk between the Wizarding World and Jurassic Park and hear rival blockbuster Williams franchise music dueling.

dsc00477ki.th.jpg

Just back from this. It's completely amazing. Definitely lives up to the hype and it's worth traveling a great distance to experience. It's put me into a big Harry Potter mood. You can walk between the Wizarding World and Jurassic Park and hear rival blockbuster Williams franchise music dueling.

dsc00477ki.th.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it. I've been a number of times since last posting and have now pretty much done everything (except for the Three Broomsticks restaurant which I plan to try in a few weeks). I still hope to see it expanded, and I do not mind it coming at the expense of Lost Continent. I wouldn't be shocked if this is announced in two years.

I started working there a little over a month ago in Dervish and Banges. I also work at a Borders book store, but working in the Wizarding World is fun. It's always busy, so that makes the time fly. The people I work with are a really cool group too.

Inside chatter prior to Universal's announcement they would be developing this place was that both Disney and Universal presented their conceptualizations for themed Harry Potter attractions to J.K. Rowling. She was apparently unimpressed with Disney.

Not only that, but apparently Universal Orlando was willing to shell out a LOT more to license and build the park. There was one article that said Universal Orlando shelled out a whopping $250M, apparently much more than what Disney proposed.

They spent roughly the equivalent of the sixth film's budget to build the theme park. But it certainly looks it -- the detail inside the park and on the shops themselves is spectacular. And apparently, Universal wants to expand the theme park in 2-3 years and replace The Lost Continent with the additions.

Fine by me...

• 1 month later...

I am trying to compile a playlist of the music played throughout the hogsmeade area of islands of adventure in Orlando, FL. As well as the rides. So far I have id'd these cues as being used in the castle.

Lumos

Secrets of the Castle

double trouble (instrumental) - ????

a window to the past

Secrets of the Castle

anyone know the other music, thanks and take care!

-Chris-

I am trying to compile a playlist of the music played throughout the hogsmeade area of islands of adventure in Orlando, FL. As well as the rides. So far I have id'd these cues as being used in the castle.

Lumos

Secrets of the Castle

double trouble (instrumental) - ????

a window to the past

Secrets of the Castle

anyone know the other music, thanks and take care!

-Chris-

Hedwig's Theme, Reunion of Friends as area music

Gringott's Vault in Hogsmeade

Buckbeak's Flight in Dragon queue

Meeting Tom Riddle in defense against dark arts queue area

The Forbidden Journey load area music is the celesta intro to Hedwig's Theme. The rest of the ride music I think was an arrangement of Letters from Hogwarts and Hedwig's Theme.

Non-Williams I recall were Dumbledore's Army from OOTP in Hogsmeade area and the GOF egg music somewhere.

hey thanks for the info if you think of any more please feel free to post, thanks! and are you referring to the track golden egg form goblet of fire soundtrack?

I'm not sure of the exact track, but it's the vocal piece they hear when they take the egg underwater. There's some other music from GOF during the live show with the different schools from the scene where they prepare for the dance.

One other I know is Harry Gets His Wand (not on CD) in Ollivander's wand shop.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Music:

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey:

Queue:

Lumos! (Hedwig's Theme)

Secrets of the Castle

A Window to the Past

Secrets of the Castle

The Invisibility Cloak and the Library Scene

Meeting Tom Riddle

Rita Skeeter

Polyjuice Potion

Ride:

Letters from Hogwart's

Hedwig's Theme

Mr. Longbottom Flies

Harry's Wonderous World

Flight of the Hippogriff:

Queue:

Hagrid the Professor - ?

Tri-Wizard Spirit Rally (Ribbon Twirlers/Staff Spinners):

The Quidditch World Cup

Hogwart's Hymn

Buckbeak's Flight

The Quidditch World Cup

Potter Waltz

Foreign Visitors Arrive

Fawkes the Phoenix

Frog Choir:

Double Trouble (Remix)

Unknown Song to theme of The Quidditch World Cup

Hedwig's Theme

This Is The Night

Magic Works

Do the Hippogriff

Dragon Challenge:

Queue:

Leaving Hogwart's

Harry's Wonderous World

The Goblet of Fire

Aunt Marge's Waltz

Rita Skeeter

Three Broomsticks Restaurant / Hog's Head Pub:

The Weasley Stomp

Hogwart's Forever and the Moving Stairs

Diagon Alley and the Gringotts Vault

Professor Umbridge

Ollivander's Wand Shop Experience

Harry Gets His Wand

Secrets of the Castle

Zonko's Joke Shop:

The Weasley Stomp

Misc.:

Journey to Hogwart's - ?

The Slug Party - ?

When Ginny Kissed Harry - ?

Dumbledore's Army - ?

Nicholas Hooper's "The Slug Club" and "When Ginny Kissed Harry" also plays in the main Universal Studios gift shop (the one immediately behind the Universal Studios gates), in the Harry Potter-themed area.

The Hogwarts Frog Choir also sung two of the Jarvis Cocker songs from GOF -- "Magic Works" and "Dance like a Hippogriff".

If there was a good recording of the ride audio, I and others here could tell you the exact score. I remember it was all reused/arranged. Sounded like the original recordings too.

i have been told it is all williams' music.

Not quite. The first bit of music at 6:34 is the opening of "Meeting Tom Riddle" from COS. As you meet the Fat Lady, the music segues into "Rita Skeeter" (from Doyle's GOF score) and the rest of it is Williams' music from COS. (I couldn't tell exactly because of the background music).

thanks much appreciated! i got the other one, polyjuice potion. i think that is it now for the queue. now i just need to id the ride, good luck with that, right?! lol

anyone know the music at 3:07 to 3:25?

anyone have any more contributions for the list? i asked universal they said they would have to pay a license to j k rowling and warner bros riddle me that i mean for a piece of paper with track names from music that is already released? idk... i mean i could see if i was asking for the actual tracks, but i was and am not! anyways back to my question.... i am still working out the hogsmeade area loop and shop music lists.

Hogsmeade:

Hedwig’s Theme - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Letters from Hogwarts - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Foreign Visitors Arrive - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Aunt Marge’s Waltz - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Reunion of Friends - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Potter Waltz - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry’s Wonderous World - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Journey to Hogwarts - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Rita Skeeter - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Honeydukes Sweetshop:

Living Death - Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The Weasley Stomp - Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The Slug Party - Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Wizard Wheezes - Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Ollivander’s Wand Shop Experience:

Harry Gets His Wand - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Secrets of the Castle - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Three Broomsticks Restaurant/Hog’s Head Pub:

The Weasley Stomp - Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Hogwarts Forever and the Moving Staircase - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Diagon Alley and the Gringotts Vault - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Professor Umbridge - Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Ginny - Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Dragon Challenge (Queue):

Leaving Hogwarts - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

The Goblet of Fire - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Aunt Marge’s Waltz - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Frog Choir: --- These are ALL A Cappella songs, not rips from the CDs !!!

Double Trouble (Remix - with Frogs) - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Unknown Song to theme of The Quidditch World Cup - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Hedwig's Theme - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

This Is The Night - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Magic Works - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Do the Hippogriff - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Tri-Wizard Spirit Rally (Ribbon Twirlers/Staff Spinners):

The Quidditch World Cup - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Hogwarts Hymn - Patrick Doyle Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Buckbeat’s Flight - John Williams Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The Quidditch World Cup - Patrick Doyle Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Underwater Secrets - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Potter Waltz - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Foreign Visitors Arrive - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Fawkes the Phoenix - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (Queue):

Lumos! (Hedwig’s Theme) - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Secrets of the Castle - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Leaving Hogwarts - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Hogwarts Forever and the Moving Staircase - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

A Window to the Past - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The Invisibility Cloak and the Library Scene - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Meeting Tom Riddle - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Polyjuice Potion - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (Ride):

Letters from Hogwarts - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Hedwig’s Theme - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Mr. Longbottom Flies - John Williams - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods:

Hogwarts March - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Underwater Secrets - Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Flight of the Hippogriff - COMING SOON !!!

Dervish and Banges- COMING SOON !!!

The Owl Post- COMING SOON !!!

Zonko's Joke Shop- COMING SOON !!!

Misc., Unknown Tracks:

When Ginny Kissed Harry

Dumbledore's Army

Solo Cello Version of Hedwig's Theme

Hagrid the Professor