New details on Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Eric_JWFAN

Well, there's still the Jurassic Park and Lost World music in the JP gift shop and the E.T. Adventure music.

Couldn't get ET, but i got all of JP/TLW excluding what was in the Jurassic Outfitters (the one as you leave the ride. Couldn't find a good speaker. It would play the full version of "Hungry Raptor" which is when Muldoon dies, the full version of "Attack on the Trailer" from The Lost World, and "T-Rex Chase" from with the unused portion as well (grr)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nu uh! There was The isolated percussion to "The Hunt" and ALL the music for Team B... "Team B Arrives," "Team B Basecamp" the complete several minute score... veeery long compared to the film cut. "Eddie Delivers" was there too... so some nice gems.

but anyway lol

• 2 months later...

I'm just back from a trip here. It's wonderful. Highly recommended for any Potter fans, but especially anyone with pre-teen kids that are into the books or movies. Just be prepared to spend a TON of money if you're the latter.

They barely play the ET in the cue anymore. And they make you wait until the cue is almost empty so you literally spend maybe 2 minutes in the indoor que, just enough for you to walk from the entrance, get your Interplanetary boarding pass, and walk to the ride.

I could hear the two cues last time. The Botanicus E.T. theme cue and the agents one. I had to hang around in the line a bit, obviously, and the volume was kinda low (all the volume on everything in all the theme parks seems to have been turned down), but they were still there. I do feel the ride is kind of run down and in need of some serious work, but I also feel its days are numbered. It's a wonder it's still there.

I'm just back from a trip here. It's wonderful. Highly recommended for any Potter fans, but especially anyone with pre-teen kids that are into the books or movies. Just be prepared to spend a TON of money if you're the latter.

I almost wanted to spend a lot of money there last July. I picked up three postcards, a wand, a butterbeer with collectible cup, a bag of peppermint toads, and a picture on the Forbidden Journey ride.

For some reason, I could only find the postcards in the general Universal gift shops. I probably wasn't looking hard enough in the Potter-centric shops.

For some reason, I could only find the postcards in the general Universal gift shops. I probably wasn't looking hard enough in the Potter-centric shops.

No, it's still like that, I only saw them in the Potter sections of the main Universal shops too.

I just picked up a few pins (I got into the pin thing when I went to Disney World a couple of years ago), a butterbeer mug, and a Chocolate Frog, the box and card are good collectibles. A wand was a bit tempting, they are very good quality, but I couldn't justify spending $30 on a glorified collectible.

They're in three different spots at Dervish and Banges. One spot is in the Owl Post (connected to Dervish) in the corner. The second is at the main Dervish registers. The third is right outside in the Owlery, at a table they have set up with postcards, stamps and other stationery.

All I got was some of the every flavor beans. I did swipe a promotional tabletop thing from my hotel.

The merchandising was ridiculous. I'm not as extreme a Potter geek as I was with Star Wars in the early 90s riding Star Tours and wanting everything from the gift shop. I did half-regret not getting a "Have You Seen This Wizard" picture frame. That was neat. Most of all I regret not looking into the mirror from the first movie in line for the Forbidden Journey. I don't know if it's even possible. It was low to the floor and really dirty. But the flow of traffic through there was too intense to stop. Okay, I am a nerd.

They're in three different spots at Dervish and Banges. One spot is in the Owl Post (connected to Dervish) in the corner. The second is at the main Dervish registers. The third is right outside in the Owlery, at a table they have set up with postcards, stamps and other stationery.

Oh, I didn't go to Dervish and Banges. I visited everything else except that and The Hog's Head. :banghead:

And I had a 10% off merchandise coupon that I couldn't use at the Potter giftshops. I used that to get the three postcards, and got one stamped at the Owlery.

• 10 months later...

Well, Universal Studios announced they will significantly expand the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, but they will also construct one at Universal Studios Hollywood too. There's no initial open date for the L.A.-based theme park, but I would hazard a 2015 opening if they take their time.

Screamscape says that the expansion of the WWoHP will take place in the Universal Studios park, and encompass the "London" side of the Potterverse which includes Platform 9 3/4, Gringotts, and Diagon Alley. It's rumored it will replace the Jaws/Amity section (which will close January 2nd at 9 p.m. EST), and will include a 'train' ride to Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure. This hasn't been officially confirmed or denied by Universal Orlando or Warner Bros., so it's a big rumor right now.

But boy does it sound good.

Well, Universal Studios announced they will significantly expand the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, but they will also construct one at Universal Studios Hollywood too. There's no initial open date for the L.A.-based theme park, but I would hazard a 2015 opening if they take their time.

Screamscape says that the expansion of the WWoHP will take place in the Universal Studios park, and encompass the "London" side of the Potterverse which includes Platform 9 3/4, Gringotts, and Diagon Alley. It's rumored it will replace the Jaws/Amity section (which will close January 2nd at 9 p.m. EST), and will include a 'train' ride to Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure. This hasn't been officially confirmed or denied by Universal Orlando or Warner Bros., so it's a big rumor right now.

But boy does it sound good.

The part I find hard to swallow is the "train ride" from Platform 9 3/4 to Hogsmeade. It's certainly possible, but they would have to significantly change the back lot. From a guest's perspective it's no big deal, but a lot of the employee operations back there might be disrupted. They would have to move a lot around . . . which I just don't see happening. I can buy into a "London" section in Universal, as they would "force" a lot of people into getting a two-park pass (I assume most do anyway), but I still think London will take up almost the rest of Lost Continent, and they'll throw Transformers over in Amity. Just my guess.

• 1 year later...

Well, a few of the cast members are getting back together at Leavesden to shoot a mini-movie as a followup to Deathly Hallows Part 2. It's obviously for the theme park expansion, as well as the new parks opening in Japan and Hollywood, CA.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/12/harry-potter-mini-movie-universal-theme-parks/

Leaky Cauldron also says that the main trio (Radcliffe, Watson, Grint) as well as Helena Bonham Carter are participating.

• 1 year later...