Did I see Joel McNeely's name on American Dad tonight?

Musica42

I caught the beginning of tonight's episode of American Dad (Brains, Brains, and Automobiles) and could have sworn I saw "Music by: Joel McNeely" in the opening scene. I know Jones and Murphy usually do this show and that combined with McNeely being one of my favorite composers really made me do a double take. I don't have a DVR and its too early to catch it on Hulu or IMDB to verify. Did anybody else see this or was I just hallucinating?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No hillucination -- he's been scoring episodes this seasons and last.

Good to know I'm not going insane. This seems like a really strange assignment for him. How do you go from one of Disney's main composers to American Dad??

Last season he did an episode which spoofed Back to the Future, complete with rips at the famous BTTF chase music. Pretty good stuff from what I've seen.

It might not be the work he deserves, but at least its work.

Oh, that's completely true. I was just hinting that he deserves to get some higher profile work as well, as I think he is a really talented composer. I appreciate that MacFarland at least recognizes as much.

Well, Murphy simply spread himself too thin; scoring FG, AD, and an animated film, and of course the new "The Cleveland Show" -- someone else had to be added. My guess, one or both of them are friends with McNeely.

And McNeely's career isn't exactly sparkling scoring un-needed direct-to-DVD sequels. But don't discount TV either -- there's some good money to be made there, especially for someone like McNeely who doesn't work that often.

Here are two episodes he scored last season (these might only be viewable to U.S. users):

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi621478681

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi4165337881

How do you go from one of Disney's main composers to American Dad??

Hahahahahaha!

You mean one of Disney's main "direct-to DVD" composers.

Joel's career has been in limbo for a long time now. A pity he is very talanted.

I felt sorry for him that during the 2008 concert in Ubeda, he had to play music from the Winnie The Poo movie.