Inspiring music

Muad'Dib

Hi, everybody!

I was wondering if anyone could give me an example of inspiring music? I was looking for a special type of inspiring music: You know when in a movie somebody is giving a really inspiring speech and you hear in the background also really inspiring music? Well, I would like to know if anybody can recommend me anything special in that style.

It doesn't matter if it's from Williams, Morricone or anyone else.

As always, thanks in advance and sorry if the post was confusing :blink:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few off the top of my head...

"President Shepherd" from The American President.

It's brief, but the later half of the track "Where Were You on St. Rino's Day" from Bolt is also appropriate.

Also John Frizzell does a nice parody of the inspirational speech trope in Beavis and Butt-head Do America. The track on the CD is appropriately titled "Mr. President, We're Never Gonna Score."

:blink:

Two of the cues played in that video instantly came to my mind - St Crispin's Day by Patrick Doyle from Henry V and President's Speech by David Arnold from ID4.

This is one of those musical moods that usually makes me cringe. Typically inspiring music like ID4? It's so phony. However, done right, the "call to arms" sort of music can be great. For example, "Battle of Hoth" or pretty much any use of the Fellowship theme from Lord of the Rings. Oh yeah, and "St. Crispin's Day" is great, of course.

Randy Edelman's Bruce and Linda, from Dragon : The Bruce Lee story.

From small beginnings,to great things. Just like Lee's life. Of course, it has been used to inspire in movie trailers ever since.

And here is a Funny Video. Someone put an epic score to Obama's Speech. Well it was all a fine piece of Hollywood in the first place so why not, I say?

That Obama one was unbearably cheesy enough without the music. And that applies to any political speech whatsoever.

I'm sure I can think of some, but I prefer subtle, chord-led emotion than full bodied brass.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I searched for the music of that an it's from Patrick Doyle's "Henry V". The track is called "St. Crispin's Day".

Here's the speech from that movie:

You can't top Shakespeare :)