Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Yea, and most are available by prime.

By ordering from Amazon though, Intrada themselves make less money than if you order direct from Intrada. So ordering direct from intrada supports the label more than ordering from Amazon. If money is a concern, of course save anywhere you can. If money is no issue, it helps the specialty labels to order directly from them.

Taxi Driver. Admittedly I've not heard it properly nor much of Hermann [outside of the films themselves]. Heck I've not even seen the film but what I've read from others and the enthusiasm of some convinced me.

Speaking of Taxi Driver, which release of it is the best?

I would recommend this Arista release that has both the original soundtrack recording tracks (the complete score) plus additional interpretations of Herrmann's music by David Blume and snippets of dialogue from the movie on one disc.

It's the best thing Zimmer has wrote/produced in a long time. Has almost nothing to do with Horner (some of the elements are similar) or traditional scoring in general. Once you accept that simple fact and Zimmer's eclectic band approach, you'll find it's a hugely enjoyable work - colourful and imaginative. The themes are developed and soundscape completely appropriate for the youthful urban character. It's modern hip scoring done right.

I actually mean it.

Karol

Has almost nothing to do with .... traditional scoring in general. Once you accept that simple fact and Zimmer's eclectic band approach, it's a hugely enjoyable work .... It's modern hip scoring done right.

Karol

This is the formula for being a Zimmer fan, applicable to almost any of his scores. Thumbs up.

I sense an insidious plot of young, hip, cool and above all tolerant people to destroy JWFan and its conservative atmosphere. It cannot be allowed! The line must be drawn here, no further!

Straight_line.jpg

I love how it says "New Music" on that LP cover. Obviously to allay fears that it contains just the Jaws theme on a loop through the LPs running time. ;)

I am also glad I got this score back in the day before it went out of print. A really terrific score and fine reinvention and expansion of the Jaws' musical world.

I agree very dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb Dumb dumb.

Which makes me wonder when will some dumb dumb Dum dumb remake Jaws. Jaws the Reboot! Christopher Nolan brings you the The Great Grey Shark, since there is never just black and white in the ocean.

And the great Hans will reduce the two-note motif to one!

I would prefer half-a-note, or perhaps none. Isn't Hans working towards perfect silence anyway? But the Fog Horn of DOOM would be very appropriate for a foggy grey shaded shark hunt.

Twilight_eclipse_2313.gif

Down this road, my Shore fandom has led... a quick listen reveals some very nice music here, but there's no getting around that CD cover: floating constipated head of doom?

51L9T76FefL._SY300_.jpg

The addition of the tagline (not on the CD version) makes that LP cover one of the coolest ever. Some cues from Jaws 2 sound like they could be some lost rejected music from the original score, like The Menu. I actually require that track be played during my wedding ceremony. If it isn't agreed upon, the union will never occur. Then you have all this camp action music that almost borders on parody...but it's awesome! I especially love the seafaring music like Catamaran Race and Open Sea. Those tracks are John Williams in top form and exactly why we all love him.

If by camp he means tongue-in-cheek then I see where he's coming from. The Americana action music in Jaws 2 sounds like music written for the Jaws ride with little resemblance to the sinister urgency of the orignal's equivalents.

I love the Jaws 2 score btw.

Received Flight of the Intruder, Rising Sun, and Alien Nation from Movie Music

Want to order the new Quartet Mac and Me, but don't know what to bundle it with yet....

I've heard the extasy of gold and the classic TGTBATU theme, of course. Plus probably other odds and ends. And I'm sure I've seen a movie scored by him. Just never heard one of his albums all the way through.

Someday.

Good Will Hunting (score) (Music Box Records MBR-043) qty = 1 $19.99 each

Mac and Me (Quartet Records QR152) qty = 1 $19.99 each

Passion (Quartet Records SM023) qty = 1 $19.99 each

Items Subtotal: $59.97

Sales Tax: $0

Shipping: $1.00

Order Total: $60.97

Gotta love MovieMusic.com!!!