Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Hook was a combination of some elements not being located, and Williams requesting some pieces that they DID have not be included.

Jaws, ET, and CE3K were expansions by major labels before the specialty labels kind of defined how a definitive presentation should be made. Plus I am sure Williams had input in what to include and the order of tracks.

The Indy box just feels like a rush job.

Today I pre-ordered the Inside Out OST by Michael Giacchino on Amazon, and threw Jerry's Star Trek Insurrection (GNP Expanded) into the order as well.

inside-out.jpg

tng-insurrection-ce-600.jpg

Insurrection expanded is great ! An improvement over the earlier release. It's so cool to have the revised take followed by the original version combo of the finale. Worth it for these tracks alone.

I've ordered these over at Screen Archives:

WARLOCK - GOLDSMITH

THE RIVER WILD - GOLDSMITH & JARRE

Combined with these blu-rays (which will probably never see the light of day where I live):

FEARLESS - PETER WEIR (I adore this film, Jeff Bridges is excellent, and where is Rosie Perez these days, this has her most riveting performance).

U-TURN - OLIVER STONE (A film full of oddball and despicable characters, but what a fascinating watch it is each time, especially with that Morricone score)

It was the last Star Trek expansion I care about that I didn't have, since I already own the expandeds for 1-3, 5, 8, and 10.

There are small bits and bobs you might want (the trailer music is good). But no, not essential.

I myself bought only Tadlow's Obsession. Can't wait for this!

Karol

VI is a great score, but I'm not sure its complete version is a must own for the casual Trek fan. It's not a game Chang-ing album like V.

Two words : overture & superb.

The rest of VI does nothing for me.

The Ghost and the Darkness (Intrada Special Collection Volume ISC 312) by Jerry Goldsmith

I pre-ordered the Jurassic World OST on Amazon.

Soon all three of these babies will be mine!

CAnxzW1WgAAtOj3.jpgCAnxzV9XIAEuJRR.jpgCAnxzTgWQAEPu9R.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was downtown and checked out the big HMV store down the street in my spare time. I was pleased to see a pretty big film score section. That section is virtually non-existent in the local HMV stores in my area, so I picked up a couple of CDs all for $10 each.

Just felt nice to purchase actual CDs in the store again.

The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes by Miklós Rózsa (Tadlow re-recording)

TADLOW004.jpg

Conan the Barbarian by Basil Poledouris (Tadlow re-recording)

conan.jpg

Yes the first was love at first listen and the second was actually the recording that made me fall in love with Poledouris' work.

• 2 weeks later...

Well since FSM is having a 30% off sale on their titles (until May 26th) I finally decided to get the 5 disc Ben-Hur boxed set and add this classic to my Rózsa collection. :)

484_168790.jpg

Some of my favorite scores are on that batch

Ditto!

Willliams non-blockbuster scores from the 80s-90s are a bit of an unknown to me, really.

I know all the scores he's done from 2000 onward very well, and of course all the huge franchise and blockbuster hits from before that, but these one-offs I haven't really dug into much yet.

Really, the only reason I already had The Accidental Tourist and Witches of Eastwick were because of the FSM and Perseverance re-issues; Stepmom because someone gave it to me for free; Far and Away, Seven Years in Tibet, Sabrina and Nixon because I found them used cheap; and I dunno how or when I ended up with The River.

I've never seen any of these movies at all.

VI is a great score, but I'm not sure its complete version is a must own for the casual Trek fan. It's not a game Chang-ing album like V.

Two words : overture & superb.

The rest of VI does nothing for me.

Not even the superb sign off?

I recently purchased these albums, partly due to SAE's sale on FSM titles.

VIEW FROM POMPEY'S HEAD/BLUE DENIM (Bernstein/Herrmann)
ON DANGEROUS GROUND (Herrmann)
JOY IN THE MORNING (Herrmann)
WHITE WITCH DOCTOR (Herrmann)
HOUSE OF USHER (Baxter)
THE BLUE MAX (Goldsmith)

Finally purchased Interstellar.

Having only seen the film a month or so ago, I looked into buying the score, only for the terrible marketing strategy to hit me.

Turns out that if you buy the regular CD from Amazon, the free mp3 download is the deluxe edition. I can live without the extra ones from that pointless projection box. The marketing strategy behind that is cringeworthy in how blatantly it's trying desperately to milk hardcore Zimmer fans.

For once (and this rarely happens) I agree with Clemmenson from filmtracks - Zimmer has the influence to halt this multi-release rubbish, and just release a 2 CD expanded set (he did that with Man of Steel I think?), but he doesn't.

Plus High Plains Drifter and The Ghost and the Darkness from Intrada.

I just purchased two titles from SAE to take advantage of their current "30% off all FSM titles" sale

Body Heat and the Ron Jones Star Trek: TNG box set

486_792394.jpg

451_736436.jpg