Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Received one of my biggest SAE hauls yet yesterday, consisting of new releases and used CD as usual:

Arnold/Goldsmith: The Heroes of Telemark/Stagecoach (album)

Interesting, I didn't know there was another collaboration between them. I've ordered their fantastic Stargate SG-1 music for the pilot which is basically David's grand themes combined with Joel's takes on them and some good adventure scoring in general.

It's on its way from SAE, along with three you've also received: Chain Reaction + BTTF 2 & 3. :)

Received one of my biggest SAE hauls yet yesterday, consisting of new releases and used CD as usual:

Arnold/Goldsmith: The Heroes of Telemark/Stagecoach (album)

Interesting, I didn't know there was another collaboration between them. I've ordered their fantastic Stargate SG-1 music for the pilot which is basically David's grand themes combined with Joel's takes on them and some good adventure scoring in general.

Are you being facetious or you genuinely didn't know that the release The Heroes of Telemark/Stagecoach (album) is by sir Malcolm Arnold and Jerry Goldsmith.

Crap, didn't know that. But hey, it could've been a possibility, no? :lol:

I didn't even realise you could confused one of them names, let alone both. :P

You confused me by not including first names... That and Stargate SG-1 on my mind (which is on its way right now). :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely, it contains some essential cues from TOD and TLC.

Of course, it will all be moot if Lucasfilm (Disney) hires Matessino to do proper 2CD sets of each score some day.

Of course, it will all be moot if Lucasfilm (Disney) hires Matessino to do proper 2CD sets of each score some day.

It's €75 on Amazon (and not deliverable to Ireland for some reason).

I dunno, I'd be happy to get these individually for less than a tenner each and then splash out on a proper remastered complete release in a few years.

And the second part of Well of Souls. That is an amazing piece.

Karol

There is something really fishy about SAE website these days. I got a new bank card the other month and the system wouldn't let me update it. And then, my password changed to and when I recovered it it wasn't anything I could recognise. I thought it might have been a random password the system generates you get when you lose an old one. But no, I reset my password again and it was the one I picked. It would appear as if someone tried to access my details, though I cannot be 100% sure. Checked with my bank and they say there was no suspicious activity involved. Contacted SAE and they had no idea what happened. So I removed all my details and stopped my FSM Online subscription. Doesn't seem to be safe.

Karol

Ha! They are the images from Screen Archives! How odd.

How did you insert those in your post? I just do copy image, and paste it here.

So this is how LeBlanc is funding his hobbies...

Karol

:D

Ha! They are the images from Screen Archives! How odd.

How did you insert those in your post? I just do copy image, and paste it here.

That's all I did!

Anyways, my post is fixed now; Apparently I just had to change the HTTPS to HTTP in each image URL. Voila!

I took an opportunity to get myself a nice Christmas present, the LLL 3-disc set of Star Trek TMP. Total logic.

Star-Trek-TMP-cover-Web.jpg

and I cracked under Jason's and Matessino's effective lobbying and bought this

Home-Alone-25-hi-Web.jpg

Didn't he practically have to rewrite most of the material thanks to the ever changing nature of the movie and special effects? More the blessing for us fans of his music. I hear e.g. the alternate Enterprise is quite different from the final version with the main theme. :)

No, it wasn't due to changing edits or special effects. The director just wanted the music to be in a different style than his first approach.

Yeah, the famous theme isn't present in the original version. It was more swelling space opera type of music before they decided to slightly deviate from that.

Karol

No, it wasn't due to changing edits or special effects. The director just wanted the music to be in a different style than his first approach.

Ah. OK. So business as usual in Hollywoodland. I have to plead ignorance to the production of that film. Well it is great to have the original drafts available to us. Good thing Jerry had recorded them already. How on earth did he get to the recording session stage with music the director didn't like? Did Jerry preview his music to the director prior to the recording?

The post production of Star Trek: The Motion Picture wasn't exactly going smoothly. The film was rushed and they never really finished it, even by the time it hit cinemas. Goldsmith was on board from the very start (one of the first people hired in fact) but even that didn't stop changes. The director Robert Wise basically thought there was no "theme" present and ask Jerry to adjust his music. It's not completely different but when you hear the two it's quite obvious what the problem was.

Karol

The Incredibles.

A strange 4 Disc set title: John Williams the Great Movie Soundtracks. It's made up of OST tracks, live recordings, and some of this non film music inc. the five sacred trees.

It's official but I couldn't find a listing for it on the main site here.