Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

48 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I finally suscribed to Spotify Premium.

Trying to be a man of my time (haha).

It really is an excellent service.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Where, Marian, out of interest?

One of the Virgin Megastore or HMVs on Oxford street. They had a bucket (an actual bucket) of Anthologies set up next to the stairs. Must have been in 2001 or 2002.

I don't think I knew there was a SW Anthology before I bought the 1997 Special Editions in 1998. My local store only had the ESB as the collector edition so I bought that first, the score containing the Imperial March which I was crazy about at that time and then followed shortly after with SW and ROTJ. ESB special edition was actually my third CD after Schindler's List and The Lost World.

5 hours ago, Incanus said:

I don't think I knew there was a SW Anthology before I bought the 1997 Special Editions in 1998. My local store only had the ESB as the collector edition so I bought that first, the score containing the Imperial March which I was crazy about at that time and then followed shortly after with SW and ROTJ. ESB special edition was actually my third CD after Schindler's List and The Lost World.

My first JW CD was the Sony SW compilation which I bought when SE came out. That was followed by TLW same year and then SW SE in November (which I mention in the previous post). I saw the SW Anthology for the first time the following summer in a random music store. I couldn't find ROTJ at the time (which I also mention in my previous post) and wanted to buy it badly. But I had no money on me at the time (hey, I was only 13). So I've been wondering what this edition was, had no internet to check it. But saw 1994 date on it so it must have been something older and incomplete (with 4 CD's). That's all I knew. Bought the set just recently and I'm really happy with the sound quality.

Seven Years in Tibet was my third non-SW JW score in 1999 (JP was the second). Saving Private Ryan was the fourth. Then I got my ROTJ. And then TPM came out. But it didn't start obsessive collection. That came in about 2000 where I started buying a lot of scores. The Patriot, Schindler's List, Angela's Ashes, Sleepers, Nixon, Born on the Fourth of July, Amistad, Stepmom. Pretty much in that order (from what I can remember). It might seem funny these days but they were all in my local music store. So I would buy some of them each month. As you can see, a real JW collection boom!

Karol

Arrived yesterday from Amazon

31907.jpg   

Arrived yesterday from La-La Land

31971.jpg   31974.jpg   31977.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's just still very unclear how much Horner there is and, well, I'm just not much interested in owning a Simon Franglen soundtrack.  But I understand the sentimental value attached to owning the last OST with Horner's name on it.

What about The Hunt For Red October, Back to The Future III, Total Recall, Dick Tracy, Gremlins 2, and Die Hard 2?

21 hours ago, Jay said:

Pre-ordered from Amazon:

32057.jpg  32056.jpg   51hu-6aogZL._SY300_.jpg (300×300)

Hmm. This is the sadest post that I have read, this year. "THE LAST WORK" has a nihilistic feel. I feel the same way about JH, as I do about PSH: we are simply never going to have any more new work from this man. 

There will still be specialty label releases of his existing scores full of cool unreleased music to discover

8 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Willow is a tip priority now!

Karol

I never tip film scores!

For me, Willow and Titanic are the scores I'd most like to see get that very specific specialty label treatment of the chronological score + alternates/rarities after.  Willow seems most likely of the two.  Much like with Star Wars, Titanic is too popular for Sony to release their grip on the rights.

I got the HMV exclusive TFA soundtrack (just a different cover), the TFA soundtrack on vinyl, and also on cassette. Just finishing off the TFA stuff before focus switches to Rogue One. 

Have TFA on CD 3 times and once each on cassette and vinyl. The vinyl picture disc is all I'm missing but not sure if I'll pick it up or not. 

Finally got the new Starship Troopers and Tom Sawyer releases, and Supergirl: Season 1.

Also snagged a vinyl of How to Steal a Million for cheap on eBay. Appears to be a UK promo release. Neato!

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2016 at 5:12 PM, Kendal_Ozzel said:

Finally got the new Starship Troopers and Tom Sawyer releases, and Supergirl: Season 1.

Also snagged a vinyl of How to Steal a Million for cheap on eBay. Appears to be a UK promo release. Neato!

Is HOW TO STEAL A MILLION mono, or stereo?

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Received today:

tfa-fyc.jpg

Still sealed!

Well, obviously it isn't!

Is there any more music, on it, than there is on the OST?