Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

6 hours ago, Fennel Ka said:

What do you think?

I've listened to it a few times on Spotify over the last few weeks. I liked it before seeing the film but it's gone up in my estimation. The cd is 35 minutes long and that's probably enough as an hour or so of this type of score would be overkill. As it is it's quite good. Not much in the way of memorable melodies but it captures the emotions and confusion that's Portman's character struggles with in the film. I wouldn't want all my scores to be like this as minimalism can get boring quickly (Reznor and Ross, looking at you) but I thought this fit really well well. 

Really? My signed Twister arrived Saturday. I'm surprised it came opened with the liner notes signed and inside the case, but this was handled by a third party, not like the normal LLL way of autographing. No big deal. 

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I said that was exactly what would happen right here.

I didn't read that. I received word from Trent's post long before you posted that. I was remembering the only other item that I bought from Creature Features, which was the autographed MOH box, and as I recall, that box was still sealed and I received a fresh booklet. That was also like six years ago and it's not nearby to look at. 

It's in a small white box. How much snow have you gotten up there? You might need to wait all six weeks... 

Trent's post was posted 4 hours after my post, in fact he learned about the Creature Features autographs specifically because of my post.

I also ordered the MOH box set signed from Creature Features, and in that case they removed the shrink wrap, signed the booklet, then re-wrapped it in different, third party plastic that they taped closed.

18 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Only one cd version of TFA.

must try harder 

I collect the content, not the contenant!

Music!

Nah, I just found my shipping email with the tracking number.  It arrived in my town's post office this morning so will be delivered into my mailbox today.

The tracking is weird; It left Burbank on February 7th, then was in Sierra Madre, CA on Feb 14, and Bell Gardens, CA on Feb 15.  Finally arrived in MA on Monday the 20th.

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

Is there any other DVD/Blu-ray where JW performs?

IMG_1807.JPG

Oh, and this one!  Added to the website!!

p_2002ET.jpg

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2-Disc Limited Collector's Edition) (2002, Universal Studios Home Entertainment)

Special Features: John Williams Live at the Shrine Auditorium 2002 Premiere.

13 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Also pretty much anything with a featurette on a Williams score...?

Well, if he's only talking, that's no interest for me. And yes, of course, he's perhaps on many DVD featurettes of the movies he scored.. We expect that on the DVDs, it's kind of obvious. But, it's always only excerpts... That's not really interesting, at least for the thing I try to do.

For the website, which is mainly a discography (so about music, not movies), I look for DVDs/BDs where he's performing, at least complete tracks. :)

7 hours ago, Fal said:

A.I. LLL

Happy now TGP!!!??

I most heartily approve Fal.