Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

7 hours ago, Bespin said:

My SAE order arrived just in time for Christmas, yes!!!

IMG_2321.JPG

HEIDI? THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST? complete CE3K? Bes, I hate you! *

* just kidding :)

Enjoy. HEIDI is gorgeous!

23 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Same.

DSC_6840_v1.JPG

Liking the one on the left, loving the one on the right. DG did really good covers, in the late 60s/70s.

24 minutes ago, thx99 said:

IMG_0536.JPG

That is smug beyond belief. I like it :)

On 25/12/2017 at 7:30 PM, Stefancos said:

Same here!

IMG_20171225_191544.jpg

Nice legs.

As of now I have all of these JW goodies,all un-opened and ready to bing one some serious JOHN WILLIAMS stuff. ( Dont ask why I waited so long.!!) Dunno where to start either!

jwbinge.jpg

4 hours ago, azahid said:

As of now I have all of these JW goodies,all un-opened and ready to bing one some serious JOHN WILLIAMS stuff. ( Dont ask why I waited so long.!!) Dunno where to start either!

jwbinge.jpg

I descending order:

CE3K

JAWS 2

THE MISSOURI BREAKS

STANLEY AND IRIS

E.T.

STAR WARS

A.I.

HOME ALONE

I LOVE A PARADE

LIGHTS CAMERA MUSIC

TOM SAWYER (mean, mean stride :))

BFG

THE LAST JEDI

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (save the vinyl until last)

Thanks @Richard (Star Wars I already have from before but didn't have the RCA Victor book edition. These Book editions with the laser etched cds are by far the best pressings. Sony's repressing over the years during their contract didn't add much. This special packaging with the original Mike Matessino notes is the one to behold until Matessino revisits the trilogy/saga again.)

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

If you go for the individual releases you also get the liner notes. :)

I already have all those CDs, I've tracked them, all of them, Philips and Sony, in the past 10 years.

IMG_2327.JPG

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Then I'd say the box is quite redundant. ;)

Well it's the first JW big box, with his photo on it!

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You're a man thinking outside the box. :sarcasm:

I see you prefer Barenboim and Karajan for you Beethoven symphonies... :)

What's the blue Archiv box to the right of the Baroque box, and the smaller blue one next to it?

Karajan for an historical performance, Vanska, for a modern one.

The Barenboim boxset, was an error... I don't like him very much.  I prefer Kempff and Paul Lewis.

The blue box, it's "Bach: Sacred works by Gardiner", the red box make this one obsolete... but as I can separate myself of my old things... I keep it. :)

You have a good taste. :) I like Vanska's Beethoven symphonies. Kempff is indeed great in the piano concertos, especially with the greatly improved sound of the most recent remasters.

Waldstein is my favorite Beethoven sonata, and my favorite recording of the first movement is this:

What's the smaller blue box next to the Gardiner?

Fun fact: In Norwegian, gardiner means curtains.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What's the smaller blue box next to the Gardiner?

Bach: Complete Keyboard Concertos by Schiff.

For Beethoven's piano Concertos, I go with Murray Perahia, same for Mozart.

IMG_2336.JPG

Perahia's Beethoven is great, especially the fourth! I like his Mozart concertos too, but in some of the concertos there's something strange with the recording. I think I read somewhere it has something to do with being early digital. Brendel is also good in Mozart.

And I see you have Szell, my favourite conductor! I'd wish they would re-release all his recordings in remastered sound.

Xmas Cds.jpg

Got those for Christmas, but then I used some Amazon gift cards to treat myself to this behemoth:

BSO set.JPG

A whopping 57 CDs of music by the BSO and BSO Chamber Players, spanning 1969-2017.  Given the timeframe, it's naturally heavily weighted towards the Seiji Ozawa era, and I know he has his detractors, but I am loving this entire set.  The sound is unbelievable (I never knew that DG had the orchestra set up on the main floor of Symphony Hall rather than the stage!)...so far I've been listening to the most well-known pieces, like The Planets, Beethoven's Fifth, Tchaikovksy's Fifth, Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique, etc, but I am very much looking forward to diving into the lesser known works.  For the $100 price tag Amazon is selling it for, it's basically a steal, less than two bucks per CD (the BSO website is selling it for $200).  I already have maybe a half dozen CDs from the set, but it's still more than well worth it!

BSO cet Cds.JPG

19 minutes ago, Matt S. said:

BSO set.JPG

Beautiful big box, wouah and it contains an album by John Williams.

Approved by JWFAN. :up:

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

Approved by JWFAN. :up:

Is the album available seperatly? What is the price of this box?

It needs atleast the endorsement of 5 long-standing members before it can be officially JWFAN approved.

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Is the album available seperatly? What is the price of this box?

It needs atleast the endorsement of 5 long-standing members before it can be officially JWFAN approved.

The Williams CD was the TreeSong/Violin Concerto album recorded with Gil Shaham.  The price of the box on Amazon was just over $100, but I think it’s one of those items only available to Prime members. 

I'm tempted, JS, but I'm saving my pennies for the FLEETWOOD MAC, and HEAVY HORSES, box-sets, and I still want A NEW CAREER IN TOWN, A FAREWELL TO KINGS, AUTOMATIC FOR THE PEOPLE Blu Ray, and the super deluxe NEWS OF THE WORLD, not to mention the complete

Columbia/Sony John Williams (guitarist) box.