Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

The Waterworld OST is a great album!

The expanded LLL edition is wonderful too

3 hours ago, Jay said:

The Waterworld OST is a great album!

The expanded LLL edition is wonderful too

Yeah, it's indeed good, and I vaguely remember that I had it on mp3 a long time ago. But I don't love the score as much that I feel the need for the expanded edition, unless you can point out some irresistible highlights. :)

The complete version of the first battle sequence (1-08 Recycled* / Smokers Sighted / Battle* / The Balloon* 7:12 & 1-09 Helen Frees the Mariner 3:32 & 
1-10 Opening the Gates* 3:20) is the highlight for sure.  Out of that 14 minute block of continuous music, only about 5 1/2 minutes of it was on the OST.

In that case, you should post more often.

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Finally bought the Waterworld OST, for just £4 including shipping.

image.png

Oh, and I received this in the post today:

image.png

He's sweet on Wagner. I think he'd die for Beethoven. He loves the way Puccini lays down a tune, and Verdi's always creeping from his room.

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

He's sweet on Wagner. I think he'd die for Beethoven. He loves the way Puccini lays down a tune, and Verdi's always creeping from his room.

Beecham famously didn't care much for Beethoven. Too bad, as some of his few Beethoven recordings are rather good.

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

Is it any good?

Yes, it is a mixture of Rambo II and Legend, although it is not as good. It's an action packed adventure score with a lot of synth experiments. The old CD didn't have the best sound quality, so even the guys who already have that one should think about an update.

It's a small poster of a still from the film of C3-P0 and R2-D2, nothing exciting. They're reminiscent of the small posters from the Harry Potter soundtracks, so not really posters at all! :D

I've also got AotC and Revenge of the Sith, all three sound great, even if they don't satisfy my thirst for the complete scores. 

Also, ANH is the first time I've heard the score in it's original album presentation!

2 minutes ago, Arpy said:

It's a small poster of a still from the film of C3-P0 and R2-D2, nothing exciting. They're reminiscent of the small posters from the Harry Potter soundtracks, so not really posters at all! :D

Is C3-P0 a distant cousin of C3-PO?

16 hours ago, Holko said:

Are they in any way related to C-3PO, the actual character in the movies?

At this point, I don't give a fuck what he's called. He's the gold robot, the other one is short and has blue bits on it.

I used my Amazon credit card reward money (so free money) to buy a long, long OOP soundtrack that is unlikely to ever be reissued/expanded just due to lack of interest from consumers and labels alike.

It's undeniably just nostalgia for a cheesy score to a cheesy movie I liked as a kid.  But hey, that's why I waited to get it with free money.

417C7695MYL.jpg

My Avengers 3 OST arrived in the mail sometime this weekend, left out to get soaked in the rain until we came home on Sunday.  I had managed to forget that it's horribly cut down from the version that's been availalbe online for weeks so was briefly surprised when I turned it over and saw 23 tracks and no "disc 1" / "disc 2" indicates, before going "oh yea..."

LLL's Superman Returns is down to its last 100 copies, so I took my chance to snap it up. I've had the score digitally for a few years now, but now I know it's going OOP I couldn't pass it up any longer.

Looking for Richard by Howard Shore

Girl with a Pearl Earring by Alexandre Desplat

The Golden Compass by Alexandre Desplat

God of War by Bear McCreary

SOLO: A Star Wars Story by John Powell

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Looking for Richard by Howard Shore

Girl with a Pearl Earring by Alexandre Desplat

The Golden Compass by Alexandre Desplat

God of War by Bear McCreary

SOLO: A Star Wars Story by John Powell

Where did you get Solo?

He didn't say anything about shipping.  The title of the thread is "recently purchased"

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Finally!

:lol:

Btw, what do you guys think about Herrmann's Julius Ceasar? I've listened to it a couple of times but never really gotten into it.

Herrmann? Don't you mean Rózsa?

Rózsa's Julius Caesar is awesome!

2 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Herrmann? Don't you mean Rózsa?

Rózsa's Julius Caesar is awesome!

Of course I mean Rozsa. I was thinking about the suite recorded by Herrmann when I wrote it!

What do you think about Rozsa's score to Sodom & Gomorrah?

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Of course I mean Rozsa. I was thinking about the suite recorded by Herrmann when I wrote it!

What do you think about Rozsa's score to Sodom & Gomorrah?

Another excellent work with two gorgeous love themes. The Tadlow re-recording is well worth investigating. But as with most Rózsa epics the sheer volume of material and the certain relentlessness can be a bit much in full form unless you are in the right mood.

2 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Another excellent work with two gorgeous love themes. The Tadlow re-recording is well worth investigating. But as with most Rózsa epics the sheer volume of material and the certain relentlessness can be a bit much in full form.

Are you familiar with any of the releases of the original score recording?

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Are you familiar with any of the releases of the original score recording?

No I can't say I am but they all have been limited releases that I think are now sold out. 

And as much as I love original recordings of film scores, for these older scores I often enjoy the modern re-recordings more.

WOOO OOOOO!!! :woop:

1 PENELOPE / BACHELOR IN PARADISE    
1 NONE BUT THE BRAVE    
1 DIAMOND HEAD / GONE WITH THE WAVE    
1 SUPERMAN IV - THE QUEST FOR PEACE (2 CD / 1000 EDITION)