Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

The Conductor boxset is here, flipped through the covers once. Out of the 20 I own 3 (Spielberg/Williams - anyone in Europe needs last year's release of these? :P). So I got 17 new Williams albums for 3€ a piece (and that's calculated from the price with expedited shipping), out of which, I have heard 2 (Skywalker Symphony and Swing) and out of the 15 completely new ones on first flip-through I'm really excited about maybe 7-9, and have no idea what to expect from 3-4. So it wasn't a bad purchase at all, I think.

19 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

How's the Barry?

I'll let you know when I get around to listening ;)

Based on the samples I think I'll love it (first).

19 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've barely heard of this. How is it?

Darn. Yet another Williams CD in my collection I've barely listened to :(

22 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've barely heard of this. How is it?

The Ghostbreaker is very much done in the vein of Williams' other TV material from that period but utilizes some suitably ghostly orchestrations, harpsichord and even a ghostly wordless female vocalist. Nothing truly spectacular but another journeyman's show of skill in the craft.

11 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I don't know what people expect from us, by posting photos of their last purchase, when there is even no John Williams CD in it!

They don't release enough of those. The Cowboys is already in the mail.

54 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I don't know what people expect from us, by posting photos of their last purchase, when there is even no John Williams CD in it!

As long as the purchase features 100 Rifles everything is done right!

31 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

As long as the purchase features 100 Rifles everything is done right!

My second 100 Rifles. And my fourth Rio Conchos. I'm not even ripping that to my disk.

27 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Is it that bad? :sarcasm:

No, there is just no reason to rip it, if he already has the previous release, as the master is exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

A great score by Christopher Young

I actually don't know anything about it, and I haven't listened to samples. But it's Young, everyone seems to recommend it, and it's nearly sold out.

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

A great score by Christopher Young

Samples:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9967/.f

Thanks for the link, but after listening it doesn't really resonate with me. I reminds me of typical game scores which try to be epic all the time.

35 minutes ago, Richard said:

Nice rug/placemat/thing.

It's the tableclothiest thing I could find.

21 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Wait, is that a Lego John Williams?

Yes. I'm not yet satisfied with the beard though.

9 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It's the tableclothiest thing I could find.

I apporve if your efforts

Really? Are you sure that you don't "approve"? :lol:

11 hours ago, Bespin said:

It becomes serious!

IMG_2544.JPG

Oh, no, Bes! You've done it, now. You've become...a JWfan hipster. You are now one serious mutha of a JW fan. There's no going back!

I love Diamond Head!

An Thomas and the Kind is not as bad.  The first track is absolutely not representative of the rest of the work. There are beautiful melodies in it.

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

That, there are, Bes. The small orchestra doesn't do the thing any favours, but, tbh, it has "am-dram" written all over it. The best bits are on the JANE EYRE boot.

The cast on the album is also not "A" 1. The lady that sing "Am I beautiful" and sing like an old goat... that's not quite sucessfull to my ears.

But I appreciated the music. It surely deserve a new recording with a new arrangement.

22 hours ago, crocodile said:

It's really good. I prefer the second one though.

Listening to The Monkey King now. It's really fun! But I guess I'm too late to still find a copy of the sequel anywhere?

45 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Listening to The Monkey King now. It's really fun! But I guess I'm too late to still find a copy of the sequel anywhere?

What Jay says above. The second score is more introverted and not as action heavy. I suppose it makes it less popular with fans and I can understand why. But I find it to be quite a wonderful album. Listen to some clips before purchasing as I don't anyone who actually agrees with me on this.

Karol

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Ah, good old MM.com. The one place I didn't look - thanks. I might order it together with SPR when that comes out - though checking their shipping info, it's actually cheaper to order a single CD than two. 8 discs would be the sweet spot. I wonder what else the Labels have in store.