Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

9 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

When you are at around $100 with your items plus shipping, it's can be worth buying directly from LLL, as you probably won't have to pay custom taxes.

I've been ordering for $100+ (and even slightly over $200, including shipping) for many years, and until perhaps year ago, I never had to pay customs fees since after I got Varese's Spartacus set (when that came out).

More over the virus has a life span of 72 hours outside. Which means if your parcel had any virus droplets; its probably dead by the time it reaches you. And delivery guy probably wears gloves so.... 

7 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Do you guys disinfect your CDs and packaging when you receive deliveries? And yes, I am serious.

I just put all my packages in quarantine for half a week. You never know if the postman was infected.

6 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Corona is spreading almost exclusively by droplet infection, there is basically no chance to get it by smear infection. So no.

People could catch COVID-19 by touching contaminated surfaces or objects – and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.

5 hours ago, Amer said:

More over the virus has a life span of 72 hours outside. Which means if your parcel had any virus droplets; its probably dead by the time it reaches you. And delivery guy probably wears gloves so.... 

Well his gloves could very easily have the virus on them too, from his interactions with other people and places. Also the virus can't have a "life span" or be "dead" as is not a living thing ;)

I've had some deliveries recently, and I just dispose of the box quickly then wash my hands. I assume that everything originating from outside the house has Covid-19.

On a more positive note, I've been buying a load of scores recently. In all but one case it's because I saw the film pre-lockdown.

Pet Sematary

Doctor Who Series 12

Brahms: The Boy II

The Invisible Man

Underwater (I tried it based on Beltrami's attachment, and it has its moments)

Plus The Call Of The Wild

On 4/14/2020 at 9:18 AM, Holko said:

20200414_101532.jpg

Polar opposites, can we say?

This Won Jilliams seems like a versatile guy.

One of those is great,

3 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

image.jpg

Haven't even taken the wrapping off of them yet! They were well packaged (ample bubble wrap) and in perfect condition as far as I can see. Will elaborate later!

One of those is great,

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

F38DB0B6-FEBA-47BA-B09A-87327F155369.jpeg

aaand one of those, is great.

Oh, that Mastermind!

There was a very popular TV programme, in the UK, called Mastermind.

I love the photo, on the box: 70s chic, at its chicest.

Ok, you get the board and the black, and white, pegs out, and I'll set up the code :lol:

17 minutes ago, Bespin said:

You know Mastermind do you?

image.jpeg

Hadn't thought of this in years. It's one of those that was made obsolete my computers, I reckon - it's essentially a single player game that required two players.

Well the fun of this game was to test the intelligence of the other player, whoever played the guesser and the master. To play with a computer, who can’t fail, is without any interest.

I also had this « modern » version too. Probably one of my favourite child game.

Millenials are probably not enough smart to have played this game.

And so I became a computer scientist...

image.jpeg

The master only needed intelligence to make sure he set up the black/white codes correctly according to the rules. And if he didn't, that was a pain in the ass to verify. The only freedom the master had was to pick the initial code and the order of the black & white pins - and all of those were best chosen at random.

It's like using a Rubik's cube with two players, where one player's only task is scrambling the cube and then watching as the other player solves it.

I recently bought Don Davis' Jurassic Park /// and John Williams' Hook on the cheap as I never owned them physically. It's also my first time hearing the score for Hook on album and it's wonderful. 

Bought two brand new copies of The Post, on vinyl, for less than 10 Euros each. I'm planning to gift them to people who are into such weird things. Unfortunately, the larger LP cover doesn't have more stairs than the CD release.

1-czwarta-wladza-lp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jay is not incorrect @Bespin. It's like beginning your Williams collection with Star Wars and Close Encounters for Williams. In other words - this is how you do it! :)

Managed to save up some money this month (everything is getting cancelled anyway) and there's not much you can spend it on anyway...so... time for some soundtrack shopping! There are some gaps in my collection that needed filling. And I need to make sure our beloved labels stay in business so I can have more Horner and Williams! :lol:

First there's the splendid new Williams from Intrada (that I might get before the end of this week, hopefully):

.f?h=faf9f18fc3ffa54b1518

And then there's the La-La Land sale:

Sleeping-With-The-Enemy-iTunes__95299.15

sumofallfears-cover__77100.1527636019.jp

dances_with_wolves_cover__35946.15241790

shawshank-cover__85326.1526662873.jpg?c=

twister-cover__17974.1527638256.jpg?c=2&

Jack_The_Bear_HQ__90163.1530589227.jpg?c

Karol - who might pick up some more after payday in a couple of weeks (Goldsmith stuff, to be more precise)...

Great job grabbing Twister before they sell out - SUCH a fun score, and the expanded presentation (and its sound quality) is much better than the old score CD

And Dances With Wolves is a masterpiece.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:13 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

Unfortunately, the larger LP cover doesn't have more stairs than the CD release.

1-czwarta-wladza-lp.jpg

That's because you neglected to pick up the Special Exstairnded Edition.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I just bought my very two first Jerry Goldmisth scores!

:cheer:

Hide contents

And two very good selections they are.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Great job grabbing Twister before they sell out - SUCH a fun score, and the expanded presentation (and its sound quality) is much better than the old score CD

And Dances With Wolves is a masterpiece.

I only know Twister score from the movie and I was told the sound mix doesn't do it much favour. And yeah, low stock.

As for Dances, I only have the original album and having recently heard the expanded Legends of the Fall (which seems inspired partially by Barry), I am suddenly in a mood to revisit this.

Karol

Oh you're in for a treat then re: Twister, it's a really good action score that's easy to get into.  One of Mancina's best

People seem to be in two different camps about Dances, some thinking the OST is enough, and the expanion only adds more repitiion of the main theme, some thinking the whole score is wonderful and don't mind any repetitiousness.  I'm in the latter camp, I just love it all.  NOTE: while it's nice to have all the bonus tracks on disc 2 after the end credits finish, I personally find the entire double-CD to be a bit of a fatiguing experience if you listen to ALLL of it like that.  For me personally, I listen to just the main program, from disc 1 track 1 until the end credits, an ignore all the bonus tracks after - i didn't even copy them to my portable version of the score.  The main score is perfectly assembled, and covers everything you need.

You know what, I very rarely listen to bonus tracks. Unless they're really unique (Binary Sunset) or there are some cool suites (like HP's children suite) I generally only stick to main program. The bonus stuff tends to be more like deleted scenes on Blu-ray. A curiosity, something you check out once or twice. :)

I'm looking forward to checking out both of those!

Karol

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Those are two of the finest film scores ever written my friend

I don't know what he got, but I guess it's Star Trek  and Alien.

EDIT: Oh, reveal hidden content. So I was right.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

You just learned today how the spoiler blocks work on this forum?

No, I just didn't realize it this time. And what is more important: My guess was right, no comment on that?