Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

Yeah, I wanted to add Bad Girls and Magic to my order and pay for them and Matt replied Bad Girls are already out of print but he's happy to add Magic for free. I thanked him and again offered to pay. And I also asked about whether Speed is still available because I couldn't find it on the website and I noticed it was going out of print. I was thinking of placing another order for it along with few other titles before the promotion ended. He never replied but today I've found it in the box with other titles.

Nice. I guess it pays off ordering as much as you do. ;) Shame about Bad Girls, which I hold in much higher regard than Pub does (ping me if you need it in some... other form).

Meanwhile, I've the first update for my Intrada order in 2 weeks. After arriving at "USPS regional facility" in LA mid-May and having been "processed through" it on 19 and again on 24 May, it has now "arrived" in LA. Doesn't really make sense to me, but at least it's alive.

Both MV and Matt Verboys are terrific heroes.

They had waived my international shipping fees on one occasion and event sent me MINORITY REPORT absolutely free! More over my FAR AND AWAY/SWARM order hasnt arrived and presumed lost in this Covid pandemic and so they sent me the replacement order to an alternate address. 

7 hours ago, Amer said:

Both MV and Matt Verboys are terrific heroes.

They had waived my international shipping fees on one occasion and event sent me MINORITY REPORT absolutely free! More over my FAR AND AWAY/SWARM order hasnt arrived and presumed lost in this Covid pandemic and so they sent me the replacement order to an alternate address. 

Amer, if THE SWARM ever turns up, I'll buy it, from you.

21 hours ago, crocodile said:

...Matt replied Bad Girls are already out of print but he's happy to add Magic for free...Speed is still available because I couldn't find it on the website....He never replied but today I've found it in the box with other titles.

9 hours ago, Amer said:

Both MV and Matt Verboys...sent me MINORITY REPORT absolutely free! More over my FAR AND AWAY/SWARM order hasnt arrived and presumed lost in this Covid pandemic and so they sent me the replacement order to an alternate address. 

How on Earth does LLL even make money?

22 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Meanwhile, I've the first update for my Intrada order in 2 weeks. After arriving at "USPS regional facility" in LA mid-May and having been "processed through" it on 19 and again on 24 May, it has now "arrived" in LA. Doesn't really make sense to me, but at least it's alive.

New update: The CDs have arrived in Vienna. So they're now among the 150,000 parcels queued at the local post office due to Corona.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After three hours spent on trying to encode the damaged Alien original CD I received this week.... Damn pinholes... I decided to throw it in the bin, and I purchased the expanded version.

Life is too short to get mad about a damaged 1988 CD.

image.png

On 7/12/2020 at 11:42 PM, Bespin said:

After three hours spent on trying to encode the damaged Alien original CD I received this week.... Damn pinholes... I decided to throw it in the bin, and I purchased the expanded version.

Life is too short to get mad about a damaged 1988 CD.

Did you use EAC to rip it?

I took advantage of a 25% off sale by Chandos of its film music titles (valid until the end of July) to buy three ?ç'D!"'s2 I had been meaning to get for a while.  I am reasonably familiar with the music of Malcolm Arnold and William Alwyn, but know very little of Mischa Spoliansky.

I love Chandos's film music series.  There are some great discoveries in there from mostly (although by no means all) British composers and films from back in the day.

http://www.chandos.net

CH9959.jpg

CH9851.jpg

CH10543.jpg

49 minutes ago, Omen II said:

I took advantage of a 25% off sale by Chandos of its film music titles (valid until the end of July) to buy three ?ç'D!"'s2 I had been meaning to get for a while.  I am reasonably familiar with the music of Malcolm Arnold and William Alwyn, but know very little of Mischa Spoliansky.

What are "?ç'D!"'s2"?

53 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Omen is showing us the proper way to write CD.

This.

These new fangled 'shaving mirrors' take up only a quarter of the space of those traditional 45s and 78s that form the bulk of all of our feem toon collections (along with cassettes, of course).  Mark my words: they are here to stay.

1 minute ago, Omen II said:

These new fangled 'shaving mirrors' take up only a quarter of the space of those traditional 45s and 78s that form the bulk of all of our feem toon collections (along with cassettes, of course).  Mark my words: they are here to stay.

This!

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

I bought a 2 CD version of Star Trek TMP by error. What's this?

It's the 1999 release. The first disc contains the most complete score, up to that point. The second disc is a reissue if a 1976 (I think?) LP.

Keep the first disc, for the car, and use the second disc as a coaster.

21 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

It's the 1999 release. The first disc contains the most complete score, up to that point. The second disc is a reissue if a 1976 (I think?) LP.

But I thought it was the latest expanded set!

Anyone wants it? I'll sell it for a good price, it's still in shrink.

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

As the Amazon blurb says, the 2nd disc:

The set's "bonus" disc, Inside Star Trek with Gene Roddenberry, appeals to more polarized audiences: veteran Trekkers and shameless lovers of pop-culture kitsch. This 1976 artifact (previously unreleased on CD) was one of the first "official" efforts to address the show's burgeoning postcancellation popularity and features Trek creator Roddenberry ruminating earnestly about the show's origins and meanings with the likes of William Shatner and DeForest Kelley (who gives an eerily prescient lecture on the foibles of modern health care). Also features new narration by Nichelle "Uhuru" Nichols. Bonus points: Shatner doesn't sing! --Jerry McCulley

27 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Nice. Over the years, it's found its way to stand as my #2 favourite Rush record.

What is #1? 2112? Moving Pictures?

I actually bought the Sector 1-3 and Studio Albums 1989-2007 boxsets

3 hours ago, The River (Fal) said:

Actually bought the Sector 1-3 and Studio Albums 1989-2007 boxsets

Good. You'll like them. Listen out for subtle alternate mixes of HOLD YOUR FIRE tracks, and a extra couple of bars of The Weapon. Speaking of which...the 5.1 mix of SIGNALS brings Lifeson's guitar back to the fore.

3 hours ago, The River (Fal) said:

What is #1? 2112? Moving Pictures?

SIGNALS