Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

My Jazz Beginnings arrived from Amazon yesterday, along with Orville Season 2, Forces of Nature, Freaky, Tremors, and X-Files Volume 4 from LLL

I was underwhelmed when it first came out but grew quite fond of it. Great symphonic composition it probably isn't but I appreciate its directness and shorthand. It's actually quite memorable too. There are 3-4 themes that I can easily remember. The album is very well assembled so you don't really anything beyond it. It also helps that I rather like this film. Both film and score are underrated. Definitely better than Van Helsing.

Give it a go @Jay! It's not a long album.

Karol

It'll be a while until I finish listening to everything in my physical collection and move on to old scores on Spotify

Just now, bruce marshall said:

Boy, Bes....you sure must have pissed off somebody at the USPS!

I just hope it's not in Vancouver :unsure:

8 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

About the ONLY thing the US still does better than anybody is mail.

Health care

Public transport...

Housing...

😒

POLITICS!

8 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Yeah but....

You have to pay thru the nose to order soundtracks from USA;

and then pray it actually gets delivered!

It's currently cheaper and faster than to order from UK and Germany.

Here's the new batch to encode this morning!

20210129_085924.jpg

EDIT: and new orders...

- Trevor Jones - Arachnophobia (but this time, the EUROPEAN version!)

- Trevor Jones - Brassed Off!

- James Newton Howard - Snow Falling on Cedars (the previous order I made never arrived, that's life!)

- Elliot Goldenthal - Final Fantasy: The Sparerib within

Having added War of the Worlds to my Intrada cart in the hopes of finding something to share its shipping, and realising they'd listed the shipping wrong on their 'policies' page (it's only $15, not $25), that's now winging its way to me.

And I finally got round to actually comparing the sound quality with the OST. Holy. Freaking Crap. I realise I'm late to the party on this one, but it sounds like it was recorded yesterday...

It's kinda shocking that the sound for a score from 2005 could be improved so much! 

Of course credit goes to Mike for his restoration work, but I think it really highlights that some bad decisions were made when mastering the original OST album. 

Both albums started from the exact same Pro Tools sessions after all. 

Yes the sound quality is astonishingly good. Exactly what I had expected(and hoped) I have yet to open my copy of MINORITY REPORT. I hear it sounds equally good too! 

Minority Report is similarly improved, though I don't think the MR OST sounded as bad as the WOTW OST so it's not quite as noticeable IMO

On 1/31/2021 at 9:36 PM, Bespin said:

Amazon Prime, I love that!

20210131_143619.jpg

Oh no. Don't tell me Sony released this in cardboard sleeves rather than jewel cases. I was about to order it but now I'll rather stick to streaming the albums :(

5 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Oh no. Don't tell me Sony released this in cardboard sleeves rather than jewel cases. I was about to order it but now I'll rather stick to streaming the albums :(

The series is currently being remastered and re-released on SACD by Vocalion.

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Minority Report is similarly improved, though I don't think the MR OST sounded as bad as the WOTW OST so it's not quite as noticeable IMO

Do you think that Artificial Intelligence would sonically have room for improvement if it was remixed and remastered from the analog tapes like Minority Report? To me it seems like that'd be possible.

7 hours ago, Bespin said:

My first CD of The City Of Prague Philharmonic!

It seems a must-have to get John Barry's score for Zulu.

R-4025204-1397752349-6344.jpeg.jpg

I was just playing this yesterday. 'The Girl With Sun In Her Hair' is one of the highlights on this set. 

Indeed, @Amer.

It's far too good for a hair product advertisement.

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

You should also get their Walkabout re-recording, in fact all their Barry recordings are terrific IMHO.

Yes, they are. RAISE THE TITANIC is good, as well.

Is it the movie that ruined the career of Banderas? Or maybe he got the role because his career was already ruined... :lol:

James Horner - The Mask of Zorro

20210206_075632.jpg