Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

My ranking of the Avengers scores:

2. Infinity War

3. Avengers 2012

4. Captain America: Civil War

That's probably the rank I'll respect for my next purchases!

Omg, I received a big batch today!

20210303_171451.jpg

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's Roy Budd's LSO recordings.

Does anyone here like them? I think they're a bit off personally. The tuba (?) for one in the start of that weird Raiders/TOD medley arrangement sounds comical.

4 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Does anyone here like them? I think they're a bit off personally. The tuba (?) for one in the start of that weird Raiders/TOD medley arrangement sounds comical.

There's a lot not to like in the JW pieces. I bought the two albums mainly because I wanted the suite from The Mark of Zorro.

42 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Has anyone actually SEEN The Good German?

No one ever did, why do you ask?

On 3/5/2021 at 3:49 AM, bruce marshall said:

Has anyone actually SEEN The Good German?

I have seen it. And what I particularly remember is, that I have never seen a movie before where american actors speak German so well with hardly any accent. 

Apart from that good movie. Tobey Maguire as mean ashole is good, Kate Blanchet brillant.

8 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

If there's only one there's no wonder nobody's seen him.

I think you just violated board rules prohibiting " denigration of any nationality".

Reported!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The best cues from that score are on the Deluxe Edition release and not the standard release

With the bonus added at the end of the OST, like Danny Elfman do too.

I love that.

13 hours ago, Edmilson said:

My favorite cue of FB1 is on the OST:

Considering the Deluxe Edition, how many unreleased music is there on this score?

It’s been awhile so I can’t remember if I’m 100% on this but the deluxe edition (which is what Bespin posted anyway) has these extra cues:

I don’t believe there’s any chance to the main program. And while there’s some good stuff in the extra cues I’m not really sure what Jay us on about. 

DBBE2996-43A3-47FA-A140-D4D2CB51FC09.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

I don’t believe there’s any chance to the main program. And while there’s some good stuff in the extra cues I’m not really sure what Jay us on about. 

As far as I remember, A Man and His BeastsEnd Titles, Pt. 2 and Kowalski Rag are the tracks I usually play, along with the album End Titles. The rest I usually skip. so most of the important stuff is indeed only on the DE.

Yes I was referring to A Man and His Beasts, End Titles Pt 2, and Kowalski Rag, which are the 3 best cues in the score. They all should have been on the OST

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Your loss. The score as a whole may be rather meandering, but the highlights are at least first-and-a-half-rate JNH.

I've listened to the deluxe edition, and there was nothing that I felt the need to incorporate in my collection.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, Jay said:

Ordered from Amazon Japan

Nobuo Uematsu – Final Fantasy IV Original Soundtrack Remaster Version  (2013, CD) - DiscogsFinal Fantasy V / OST - Amazon.com Music  FINAL FANTASY VI Original Soundtrack Remaster Version Nobuo Uematsu, Matsue Fukushi, Minae Fujisaki, Kazuko Nakano, Saki Ono,  Toru Tabei, Daisuke Hara, Toshizumi Sakai, Masashi Hamauzu - Final Fantasy  VII Original Soundtrack - Amazon.com Music

I forgot to post that these arrived last Friday, just 4 days after I ordered them, from Japan, which was a welcome surprise!

What was not a welcome surprise, though, was to see that FF4's front case was cracked :(

FFb.jpg 

Luckily, I think I have extras of that case part lying around.

Regardless, it seems that I have become committed to getting all my favorite video game scores physically now... oh my....

FFd.jpg

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've listened to the deluxe edition, and there was nothing that I felt the need to incorporate in my collection.

Fair enough. I didn't think much of it at first myself though, so you might give those tracks another try sometime.

I'm not a big Newman fan on CD. He certainly knows his craft, and he usually does a very good job at supporting the music, but I usually don't find his music has enough substance to make me want to listen to a full album of it frequently. I didn't even get the Shawshank expansion, although I certainly love parts of that score.

But I really liked the Tallis Fantasia pastiche of 1917 in the film, so I wanted this one.