Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

2 hours ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

I actually succeed to get it in a bidding for $90 :P

Your life?

👀 

35 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Any good?

They are both wonderful. I've been familiar with these scores for years now, but they were never easy to find in physical format. Specially Journey

7 minutes ago, Romão said:

They are both wonderful. I've been familiar with these scores for years no, but they were never easy to find in physical format. Specially Journey

Interesting. Where did you find them for a good price?

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Interesting. Where did you find them for a good price?

Plain old Ebay and its saved searches feature

• 2 weeks later...

Alien 3 LLL

TWINE LLL

Almost picked up Elfman's MI, but I don't have the funds for it right now, and am not really a Elfman fan

I think one of my next orders will include the two Cocoon expanded releases, as the first one was just finally reprinted. Hoping that the 2nd is still available... I want to purchase them in pair!

On 4/20/2021 at 5:36 PM, Falco said:

Alien 3 LLL

TWINE LLL

Almost picked up Elfman's MI, but I don't have the funds for it right now, and am not really a Elfman fan

Does ALIEN3 really add alot of new music?

I had the ost and didn't care for it.

I only had to wait 7 months for these...

IMG_20210423_213724.jpg

and Air Force One...

IMG_20210423_213801.jpg

The other 3 were ordered before the pandemic...

Wish I had held off on Air Force One though, who knew that V/S would start releasing their Club DEs digitally.

I'm too scared to open WOTW in case it's one that came from the scratched discs batch.

I just purchased two Emma Portman to go along with "Chocolat".

Cider House whatever and Emma.

Obvious and basic choices you may say!

45 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Cider House RULES! 🙌 

30 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Bilbo, what the chuffin' 'eck have you done to your name and avatar?!

Pout it back properly, right now!

Address me by my proper title... ya little bollocks 

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

I only have an obvious and basic Portman collection myself (just Cider House and Sirens). But as Bilbo says, Cider House does rule. I'd like to see the film again, too (and I should read the novel).

9 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I only had to wait 7 months for these...

IMG_20210423_213724.jpg

and Air Force One...

IMG_20210423_213801.jpg

The other 3 were ordered before the pandemic...

Wish I had held off on Air Force One though, who knew that V/S would start releasing their Club DEs digitally.

I'm too scared to open WOTW in case it's one that came from the scratched discs batch.

Ha! that's nothing I have about 13 titles stuck in my aunts house in NY since the start of the Pandemic over a year ago!! She was to bring them over on a visit(save me a ton of shipping charges) 

These include the DISASTER Williams set, The River, , Thin Red Line, Shogun, Legends of the Fall and 3 more that I can't remember... 

Oh... Also Duplicate purchases of: The SWARM, CE3K, Superman, ST:TMP, Far and Away

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Bought Beethoven's symphonies yesterday, conducted by Gardiner. Just finished the 7th. Heaven.

I've always been very happy with Karajan's 60 cycle, but I've also long been meaning to check out the Gardiner, since I keep hearing great things about it.

I think Karajan's 70s cycle is superior on so many levels than his earlier and later recordings. The first one sounds bad and the third one sounds like 'Yeah, okay, we have to make a digital recording, let's just do it already.' The 70s portions I know all sound so intense and joyful.

I don't like the Gardiner cycle that much. Although the speeds are swift, much of the tension in the music is lost.

33 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I think Karajan's 70s cycle is superior on so many levels than his earlier and later recordings. The first one sounds bad and the third one sounds like 'Yeah, okay, we have to make a digital recording, let's just do it already.' The 70s portions I know all sound so intense and joyful.

There's four cycles:

50s on EMI. Sound not so good.

60s on DG: sound is good. As for the performances, I prefer Cluyten's slightly earlier recordings (but still stereo) with the same orchestra.

70s on DG: sounds good, but the choir sounds notoriously diffuse.

80s on DG: digital.

The 60s sounds awesome! It has a full-bodied bass that many of Karajan's other recordings (including his Ring cycle from the same time) don't have. That other more expansive sound is great for Wagner, Strauss, Bruckner, & Co., but I think it's a perfect fit for the Beethovens. Those wonderfully droning double basses in the finale of the 8th!

Many of Karajan's 80s recordings don't live up to his 60s and 70s versions. Partly because he didn't take the lively stuff lively enough anymore, and partly because the early digital recordings just sound much flatter. An exception are his Berlin Planets (because I still think the Wiener just didn't bother when he did it with them in the 60s). His 80s Alpensinfonie is fine, but I really wish he'd also recorded that work with his earlier 70s Strauss cycle, because everything else in there is superiour to the digital remakes.

Woops, I did it again!

Ordered directly from Intrada:

• COCOON Intrada ISC 260    
  • LOONEY TUNES: BACK IN ACTION (2CD DELUXE EDITION) VCL 1120 1207    
  • ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES (4CD - REMASTERED AND EXPANDED) Intrada ISC 458

And from Varèse Sarabande:

• Cocoon: The Return - The Deluxe Edition (CD)

35 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Woops, I did it again!

Ordered directly from Intrada:

• COCOON Intrada ISC 260    
  • LOONEY TUNES: BACK IN ACTION (2CD DELUXE EDITION) VCL 1120 1207    
  • ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES (4CD - REMASTERED AND EXPANDED) Intrada ISC 458

And from Varèse Sarabande:

• Cocoon: The Return - The Deluxe Edition (CD)

Looney Tunes is Varese though...