Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

On 5/20/2021 at 3:59 PM, Bespin said:

Recently received!

20210520_095702.jpg

20210520_095858.jpg

20210520_095752.jpg

Starting to look like a JNH collection...

20210520_095816.jpg

Oh shit, the Howard Shore collector's editions are digipaks? Then I'm glad I got the OST release of Ed Wood.

Nice Django box, btw!

4 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Are those Omen releases considered definitive, or are we hoping any of them get revisited someday?

The first score had a more complete release in 2016:

Omen_VCL10161175.jpg

The others haven't been revisted so far.

28 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Any good?

I haven't opened it up yet but yes it's going go be terrific. It's a holy grail of mine. There is suite on YouTube too if your curious. 

Yesterday, my package from Quartet Records (Images, Silence of the Lambs, The Good The Bad And The Ugly) arrived

42880.jpg 35155.jpg 42630.jpg 41812.jpg

Also, my package from La-La Land (So Say We All, Cabo Blanco, Two Mules For Sister Sara) arrived

42885.jpg 40881.jpg

The other day, I ordered direct from Varese: The Matrix: CE, Paycheck: DE, The Stephen King Collection, The Yakuza, Stand and Deliver

42969.jpg 42967.jpg 34843.jpg 34737.jpg

Today, I ordered direct from Intrada: The Public Eye, Shamus, Rio Conchos, Company Business, Face of a Fugitive, Legal Eagles

42998.jpg 42739.jpg 42677.jpg 42634.jpg 42502.jpg 42455.jpg

And now I'm all caught up on all 4 major specialty labels.  Phew!

Of course, great stuff is already right around the corner...

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

Blackkklansman was supposed to belong to my earlier big batch of digital purchases, but I just couldn't find it in stores available over here, so I ordered it physically, I liked it plenty enough for that "honour".

You ordered it physically because the digital release isn't available in Hungary?

Or it's not at all on the sites that are available in Hungary. Amazon would have been the only option, but paying for mp3s... Or Spotify, but then I don't own it.

14 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Goes to show why I distrust the DRM & streaming model…

Right. These people are going out of their way to NOT allow me to pay for their product. Using a VPN wouldn't be more legal than just pirating things in the first place, and it involves ME going out of my way to be able to pay for the product that THEY aren't allowing me to pay for.

26 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

IMG_20210616_203548.jpg

The Vareses showed up 3 weeks ago, the JP piano score book last Tuesday, the Quartets last Thursday, and the Schubert today (that one was a prize for recognising the first few bars of the printed score on the RSO's Facebook feed - easy enough if you know the symphony and have basic reading skills).

I love that piano folio. Did you buy it for study or for playing?

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I love that piano folio. Did you buy it for study or for playing?

Playing, after a friend told me that Welcome to Jurassic Park opens with an accurate transcription of the piano intro. I've never been good at playing plus I'm rusty, but this is on a level I can manage if I practice enough.