Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I wonder if the Quartet update for the Shire is worth it? The old Retrograde (proto-FSM) release always sounded good to me, and if it's perhaps a bit harsh, that fits the score well. Brilliant music in any case.

21 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Do you have it on any non-disc? I.e. can you compare the sound when you get the Quartet?

I do not, sadly.

Karol

5 hours ago, Amer said:

It has been remastered by Chris Malone and improved over the previous edtions from FSM.

I know. It's just that the old release sounds so "appropriate", I really wonder if an upgrade is worth it.

I guess now that I've purchased the OST, the Expansion of "The Untouchables" can be reprinted... NOW.

:lol:

20210714_105406.jpg

51mQjcsHLfL._SY355_.jpg

Nice and to my mind very typical Herrmann score from 1967 with a beautiful song and a cute moog synthesizer teasing the orchestra from time to time. Like a lot of later Herrmann scores it contains a lot of harmonic traces of Marnie and Vertigo.

44 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

51mQjcsHLfL._SY355_.jpg

Nice and to my mind very typical Herrmann score from 1967 with a beautiful song and a cute moog synthesizer teasing the orchestra from time to time. Like a lot of later Herrmann scores it contains a lot of harmonic traces of Marnie and Vertigo.

This score is a wonderful gift to us Herrmann afficandos. The score is like a lost score and now discovered. 

8 minutes ago, crocodile said:

No SACD?

I already explained my choice in the other thread. ;) And at €33.95 plus shipping, the CD version was expensive enough. Good service by Music Box, too. With the new tax situation, they might become my new go to store for limited soundtrack releases.

1 hour ago, Kühni said:

Gleiches wie bei uns, 22 Euro-Grenze gekippt?

Of course. It's an EU wide regluation, as far as I know.  The two main problems I have with it is that 1) a lot used to slip through customs, but nothing probably will now (which ultimately is fair, but makes a hobby where almost everything is only available in the US much more expensive) and 2) I have to pay a €5 handling fee even if I only order a €0.01 bubblegum.

I'm not sure if I can tell how I got these... well, I think, a bit rare (new and sealed) Howard Shore CDs... :o

• Ed Wood – Collector’s Edition vol 3

• Crash – Collector’s Edition vol 4

• Dead Ringers – Collector’s Edition vol 5

• Naked Lunch – Collector’s Edition vol 6

• Hugo OST