Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

36 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

How does this digital only release differ from the physical release?

That's the comedy album, isn't t? The Qobuz version is an assembly of the De Wolfe library music used for the film. Some really fun stuff, not everything is substantial, but what is is often far more substantial here, because the film only used a few seconds from most tracks (often over and over again).

I just found a new way to explain to my husband why in 2021 I still buy CDs...

"It's like a receipt".

A receipt for a contribution to a restored score, a restored recording... you know... we contribute to the patrimony...

21 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

So Howe Records had some spare copies of those titles that are OOP... how much did you have to pay?

17.95 US$ each.

For a reason I ignore, they don't put these CD on sale on their website.... so like me, write them and ask! 

My collection now "starts" to look more serious!

20210815_121338.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bespin said:

17.95 US$ each.

For a reason I ignore, they don't put these CD on sale on their website.... so like me, write them and ask! 

That's great to know. Did they declare the correct value on the package, or do they help you avoiding VAT?

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That's great to know. Did they declare the correct value on the package, or do they help you avoiding VAT?

They charged the taxes and they added 28.50 US$ of shipping fees (I'm in Canada)!

I'm so happy to got all these OOP CDs! 

5 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

LIONHEART is good; EXTREME PREJUDICE is excellent.

"Arrivals" is classic 80s Jerry.

Enjoy.

I don't know Lionheart at all, but I had constantly been spining the LLL release of Extreme Prejudice for years now. I love it and wanted to have those few additional minutes.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

image.png

Can't wait to listen to all of it! The Herrmann is a nice surprise: I expected an outer paper sleeve holing the disc sleeves, but this is a nice little thick cardboard box like the Sony JW box. But unlike with that box, here all the original artwork seems to be reproduced, the booklet has the expected general tracklists but the disc sleeves are little facsimiles with the original backs on the back, liner notes in tiny print and all!

The Shakespeare score CD in the Herrmann box contains a great 3 piece suite of Rózsa's Julius Caesar. That was the nicest surprise for me in the boxset.

A little disapointed I was with the sound quality of the OST of Obsession. 

2 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

A little disapointed I was with the sound quality of the OST of Obsession. 

There's always the Tadlow! If nothing else, it'll be a good sampler for me, that's primarily why I bought it, an entry point into Hermann.

10 minutes ago, Amer said:

Ah Fiddler on the Roof, now that's an important title that's still missing from my collection... Williams first Oscar win (for adaptation ie.) 

And you need the two editions if you're a completist!

image.png

image.png