Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

6 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Where did you manage to find a copy of Balto?

The dark side of Ebay is a pathway to many opportunities some consider to be unnatural...

To be fair I was very lucky

Yeah but I had to make a move for it to go back in print...

Although until know each time I purchased a second hand copy out of dispair knowing that an expansion might be on its way, it never turned out to happen (Hook's OST, BotFJ...)

7 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Yeah but I had to make a move for it to go back in print...

Although until know each time I purchased a second hand copy out of dispair knowing that an expansion might be on its way, it never turned out to happen (Hook's OST, BotFJ...)

LOL. What if the new one is expanded? 

At last I felt convinced to get these.

IMG_20220130_184511.jpg

And for the first one it is absolutely worth it. The score presentation is great. The second one on the other hand doesn't add much value compared to the original soundtrack album. Didn't discover so far any highlights, that aren't already on the OST.

Horner - The Perfect Storm OST

Horner - Enemy Gates OST

Horner - Spitfire Grill OST

Horner - Black Hawk Down OST

Zimmer - The Last Samurai OST

Zimmer - Inception OST

Zimmer - Interstellar OST

Zimmer - Backdraft OST

Zimmer - Da Vinci Code OST

Elfman - Instinct OST

Elfman - Flubber OST

Elfman - Charlotte's Web OST

JNH - The Hunger Games OST

11 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Checkmate/Rhythm in Motion (FSM) by John Williams

Interesting from a collector view, but that's not the version to own and to listen to, the 2015 Fresh Sound Records Reissue has a FAR better sound. Same thing for Rhythm in Motion.

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Fresh Sound Records usually use LPs as their "masters".

And that's why their CDs sound so great! Because they work from Hi-Res new transfers, and not 90's Low-Res Masters using too much dated "noise reduction" filters.

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

That's not the version to own, the 2015 Fresh Sound Records Reissue has a FAR better sound. Same thing for Rhythm in Motion.

Perhaps but it was cheaper and both don't really have a great sound. Until MM works back on them I'll be happy with this one ;)

4 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Perhaps but it was cheaper and both don't really have a great sound. Until MM works back on them I'll be happy with this one ;)

I doubt the analog masters of these albums still exists, so I'm afraid the best sources we have are the LPs. Remastering Technologies evolved so much since the 90s.

2 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

The Secret of N.I.M.H. (Intrada) by Jerry Goldsmith

Not fan of the songs. But the score itself is absolutely stunning. I hope one day we will get a truly complete release.

Speaking of Don Bluth and Intrada, where is An American Tail 2? It's very very high on my wish list.

Karol

11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Not fan of the songs. But the score itself is absolutely stunning. I hope one day we will get a truly complete release.

One of my favourite Goldsmiths. I listened to the re-issued Varese release the other day for the first time in probably 15 odd years and was amazed how good it still sounds. I enjoy the songs too but prefer having Paul Williams after the Finale (per the first Varese sequence).

Yeah not a fan either of the song but the score is so great that you just regret having lyrics over the music.

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

Speaking of Don Bluth and Intrada, where is An American Tail 2? It's very very high on my wish list.

I second that. I've noticed that American Tail is temporarily out of stock so maybe with any luck it will come back with the second one