Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

On 21/07/2022 at 6:48 PM, Edmilson said:

A Bug's Life is a wonderful score, but it needs an expansion ASAP. There's a lot of amazing unreleased cues!

For me, his best era was from 1998 to 2007.

Starting approximately (give or take a year) with The Prince of Egypt I hope (my favourite Hans).

On 21/07/2022 at 6:51 PM, Tom Guernsey said:

There are and, as I mentioned somewhere else recently, I think most of the best unreleased cues are the ones with choir as I'm fairly certain the cues contained on the album don't contain choir, so I think it's a Disney cheapness thing. I was lucky enough to pick up the FYC for not much money so have combined it with the OST to produce a complete version (including the film version of Time of Your Life with all the fake bloopers included).

I need to check out my DVD iso score then.

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Starting approximately (give or take a year) with The Prince of Egypt I hope (my favourite Hans).

98 was a great year for HZ, with The Prince of Egypt and The Thin Red Line. He should've took home that year's Oscar for either movie.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

98 was a great year for HZ, with The Prince of Egypt and The Thin Red Line. He should've took home that year's Oscar for either movie.

That would have been possible. In that year there were still two categories for original score.

In terms of favorite Autobahn versions, I'm always pretty fond of the earlier performances of it in their 1981 tour:

The later ones never make as much of an impression, but I do get a kick out of whenever they do decide to perform the more extended renditions in their newer performances (even if I haven't gotten it in either LA shows I've attended):

EDIT: the Minimum Maximum one is much better than I remembered it being, also. Sounds really nice past the opening synths.

4 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

SECONDS is great.

It's one of those that instantly grabbed me with its sounds just based on the samples and knowing nothing else about it. Course I did listen to it all and watch the movie before ordering but like with others the atmosphere just pushes me out or flies above me, here it sucked me in with the organ and strings.

I discarted "Seconds" just because it's a score from 1966, because usually from that era, I prefer re-recordings.

But it's known to be a great early Goldsmith.

I should give it a try.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I discarted "Seconds" just because it's a score from 1966, because usually from that era, I prefer re-recordings.

But it's known to be a great early Goldsmith.

I should give it a try.

I don't think it's for you, it's a very sparse, harsh and cerebral score from an era where Goldsmith was generally much more chamber-music oriented/edgy and less thematic.

I have too many CDs. I found these Max Steiner Western scores in a box of sorted out CDs. Bought them 20 years ago with a bunch of others from that series, but never listened to them. Actually, they are all quite good as I found out in the recent days.

IMG_20220807_091514~2.jpg