Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

This is now on the way thanks to a generous gift voucher:

Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 1-9 - Deutsche Grammophon: 0735557 - 2 Blu-ray Audios | Presto Music

One advantage of turning 30 I guess, getting free music. Harry Potter Ultimate Editions were about to follow, but apparently WB is too stupid to keep those in print.

You mean those HP DVD boxsets? I've only got Chambers.

21 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You can always choose to rectify that.

Right. But my expectation is, that this is proabably music, that I would enjoy in a live concert, but probably not enjoy that much listening to it from CD at home. There is a certain kind of hysterical violin music that just unnecessarily raises my blood pressure.

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

It's a crying shame that NIGHTWING doesn't get more love.

That’s a nifty score from my favorite Mancini period.  (I only have Lifeforce, Nightwing, and Santa Claus)

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

It's a crying shame that NIGHTWING doesn't get more love.

Really? I thought he was a beloved DC character with decades of history in the comics! ;)

Two CDs from Japanese Amazon. Firstly, a pressed version of this:

ab67616d0000b2736c6fc5560fe90fb0fdf23cdc.jpeg

And modern re-recording of this classic from a couple of years ago:

Godzilla_-_Kaoru_Wada_Re-Recording_-_Cover.jpg

And another two lossless downloads:

kongskullisland0.jpg

large_550_tmp_2F1584385595173-dw6g9mdu6ts-6495d17ac9468be67f798487b91b8eaf_2F4883_foto1_product_xl.jpg

Karol 

On 25/03/2023 at 12:17 PM, crocodile said:

And modern re-recording of this classic from a couple of years ago:

Godzilla_-_Kaoru_Wada_Re-Recording_-_Cover.jpg

Do you have any more information about the Godzilla re-recording? I've searched online but without much luck (I'm guessing it would be more fruitful if I could speak Japanese...). The original tracks are just sound too poor to get much enjoyment from them so a nice digital recording could be just the ticket. 

On 25/03/2023 at 12:17 PM, crocodile said:

And another two lossless downloads:

large_550_tmp_2F1584385595173-dw6g9mdu6ts-6495d17ac9468be67f798487b91b8eaf_2F4883_foto1_product_xl.jpg

Karol 

Is this any good? Jackman can be pretty enjoyable but I don't remember this (and the other Jumanji sequel) he scored being especially interesting.

12 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Here's one FSM thread dedicated to the re-recording @Tom Guernsey.

As for Jumanji, I rather enjoy both of them. He has a knack for Silvestri-esque adventure.

Karol

Why thank you kindly on both, I shall have to check them out. Cheers.

21 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've got two of those. How's the Rombi?

A beautiful long lined romantic piano theme with multiple different arrangements along the album. Heart warming orchestrations. An album I love listening to after another album leaves me with a "too many notes!" feeling. Quality instead of quantity, I would say.

There is a nice suite on youtube:

I bought my first vinyl (well, second including Marnie but that was purchased because of included CD). Seemed like an appropriate choice to begin small collection:

20230405_143754.jpg

Karol

Wasnt the 6 films LP Vinyl set collection that came before the demasters also done by Shawn Murphy. I know it's been ages since I watched that youtube discussion with Shawn Murphy and this team who remade the set? I have this by the way.

Sony remastered the original albums in 2015 just before their contract ended.  Their source was the original album masters, and they just digitally cleaned them up.  But they did a great job, they sound amazing.  These albums were released on vinyl in January 2016, as well as on all the digital platforms, including high-res.  There was no CD edition of these remasters.

In January 2017, Disney Records took over from Sony, and these remasters remained on digital stores, just served by Disney now instead of Sony.

In 2018 Shawn Murphy's demasters were released, and replaced the Sony Remasters with his Demasters on all digital platforms, and those got CD releases.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

You bought Shawn Murphy's demaster instead of the original mix?  Why?

I thought that was long out of print? Besides, nothing really wrong with the mix on this particular album. It's all the other ones that are problematic.

Karol

38 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I thought that was long out of print? Besides, nothing really wrong with the mix on this particular album. It's all the other ones that are problematic.

Karol

Only RotJ is approximately unproblematic among Shawn's OT demasters. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

He ruined The Asteroid Field in TESB

I have the worst ear and that was crap. Good thing my ear is so bad that I'm OK with the original CD AND the 1997 RCA.