Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Finally added this one to the collection. It's not the original OST, as I never really found any interest in having those classical pieces butchered like they did on the OST.

Instead, this collection features the original tracks, but in their complete form.

Then I loved the cover :lol:

Primary

https://www.discogs.com/release/13629114-Various-Stanley-Kubricks-2001-A-Space-Odyssey-Music-From-The-Motion-Picture

Varese delivered my 2CD Deluxe Edition of Air Force One today!  Wowee!  Look at all those asterisks!  I don’t know when I’ll be able to carve out the time to listen to all of this. 

IMG_7381.jpeg

:mellow::angry:

It is bizarre. I thought that pressing was long OOP anyway. But I am sure this could be easily resolved.

This came in the other day from Mondo. It took them ages to arrive. Oddly, Werewolf is a different presentation from either of the digital albums. In any case, one of the better Giacchinos out there.

20230513_123621.jpg

Karol

27 minutes ago, Andy said:

Perhaps, but it’s not what I ordered and paid for. 

It's your mistake or their?

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Wow! JW playing on a Jerry score.

Thanks, Bes.

I wonder if Jerry repaid the compliment?

I don't think so. Goldsmith had already graduated to full-time composer at the time, while Williams was still working as a session pianist. It's not his only Goldsmith score either, he also played on Studs Lonigan.

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Wow! JW playing on a Jerry score.

Thanks, Bes.

I wonder if Jerry repaid the compliment?

There is anot... another... go... gold... sssss...

Screenshot_20230514_151103_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230514_151317_Chrome.jpg

I feel strange and unreal. I have done it. I just bought my first big classical box set. Pinnock's complete DG set. Oh God. My main goal is getting to know new repertoire by a conductor I trust. Might sell it after finishing it. Phew. This feels seminal.

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I feel strange and unreal. I have done it. I just bought my first big classical box set. Pinnock's complete DG set. Oh God. My main goal is getting to know new repertoire by a conductor I trust. Might sell it after finishing it. Phew. This feels seminal.

That's a great pick! I'll be surprised if there's one bad album in this set.