Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - Bill Conti

Bought this off of an FSM board member. It was a blind buy. Hope I don't regret it. Anybody have/enjoy this one?

Bought this off of an FSM board member. It was a blind buy. Hope I don't regret it. Anybody have/enjoy this one?

I have it. It's good stuff, albeit repetitive. It's fun to listen to, but I could be partial because this movie was big in my childhood.

Hope you didn't spend over $100, because LaLaLand found some remaining stock of Masters Of The Universe and are giving it, or Batman TAS, away free with orders over $100.

Two distys still sell it at list price. LaLaLand's offer is nice if you can think of $100 worth of their albums to buy. Unfortunately, I cannot, as the next ones on my docket to buy are from all over the place. I'm still undecided as to whether I want this album.

I take it back. I can only find one distributor.

http://screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/10121/MASTERS-OF-THE-UNIVERSE-LIMITED-EDITION-2-CD-SET/

$29.95

If you click Jason's moviemusic.com link to add it to your cart, it says that it's no longer in stock. It may update in real time, or Peter Kelly may be able to find it for you. From where, I can only guess.

"The Untouchables",

"Backdraft",

and "Black Rain", each bought for just £3 (approx. $4.25) at a record fair over the Easter w/e.

I needed to study for an upcoming interview, so "The Untouchables" was on my c.d. player virtually all weekend (with a "Doctor Who" break, of course!). It's rather good, isn't it? There are shades of "The Thing", and "OUATITW", courtersy of the harmonica, and I LOVE the Main Titles; the syncopation in the string section does my head in, but in a good way. Does anyone know the chronological order for the score?

Newbury Comics had a 32% off sale yesterday. I bought used copies of Fight Club by the Dust Brothers and John Williams Greatest Hits 1969-1999

I took advantage of the sale as well. I tried to fill holes in my collection:

Desire- Bob Dylan

Nashville Skyline- Bob Dylan

New Morning- Bob Dylan

Bringing It All Back Home- Bob Dylan

Alone II- Rivers Cuomo

Born In The USA- Bruce Springsteen

The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle- Bruce Springsteen

Born On A Pirate Ship- Barenaked Ladies

Barenaked Ladies Are Men- Barenaked Ladies

All of the Dylan albums are remastered.

Finally got around to getting me a Star Wars Anthology set on eBay, after all these years. I'd acquired a few MP3s from it before, but I decided to get serious about my Empire and Jedi edits and do 'em right.

Only cost me $11 overall. I almost feel bad for the seller; I was the only bid, and after shipping, he didn't make but a few bucks off it. The box is a little worn on the edges, but everything inside is mint.

A couple other recent purchases: The Godfather Part III and Meet the Robinsons (man, what a catchy theme on that one!).

Grabbed some LPs at the local charity shop, including the Pops with Arthur Fiedler, "Eric Robinson's World of Film Music" which includes Charles Gerhardt conducting Also Sprach Zarathustra, Rozsa's Spellbound, and JW's Jane Eyre, and The London Symphony Orchestra plays Classic Rock. All for £1.50.

How to Train Your Dragonslayer

:) Which one?

I picked up Manhattan Project on eBay for retail. Don't know why this appealed to me so much. I hadn't planned on buying it, but the samples won me over.

51sXBYalNML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A 10-disc set filled with choral works by one of the all-time greatest composers of choral music, performed by an excellent choir - for only €20! (At amazon.de; it's much more expensive at amazon.com, where my link points)

Received my latest SAE order:

- The Man Who Would Be King: pretty wonderful CD, and very accessible Jarre; pity he's not written a bit more music for the film. Ridiculous of Kritzerland to limit this to 1000 copies, by the way.

- The Spiral Road: listening to it at work, so haven't paid attention all the way through, but had expected more of this Goldsmith. Perhaps I shouldn't have listened to the Jarre CD first. Still good, though!

- The Goonies. I'm saving this puppy for this evening, for a good old-fashioned sit-in-front-of-the-stereo-doing-nothing-else listen. Been waiting twenty years for this.

I'd be curious to hear more of Spiral Road. I've loved all my recent Jerry blind buys (In Harm's Way, Lonely are the Brave, One Little Indian) but I just have a weird feeling about this one.

Strange, I bought In Harm's Way cheaply on DVD but have yet to give it a spin.

I bought the John Wayne DVD box set that included In Harm's Way several years ago.

Received my latest SAE order:

- Eraser

- MovieBrass

- Manhunter

- Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

Let me know how the West Side Story suite on the MovieBrass disc is, that's the main reason I want the album!

Let me know how the West Side Story suite on the MovieBrass disc is, that's the main reason I want the album!

Oh man, it's outdamnstanding! :( Really, being a WSS fan for many years now I've heard many arrangements, good and bad, and this one definitely ranks amongst the very best. A great arrangement is played with technical flawlessness and great energy. So to sum it all up in two words: BUY IT! All the more so for being a brass player yourself. ;)

Nick, I know Kenton's WSS well but I must say I prefer the Oscar Peterson Trio version which is "jazzier", Kenton's is of course also great but too latin-flavoured for my taste. :(

Body Heat by John Barry (Varese Sarabande, Film Classics series)

Miklós Rózsa A Centenary Celebration (Varese Sarabande)

Movie Masterpieces by John Williams (A Naxos compilation of JW classics arranged for a wind orchestra).

I won a sealed copy of Bernstein's Heavy Metal thanks to the wonderfully generous folks over at FSM.

Yea and I got the TTT OST from him. I only own the LE of TTT on CD. Looks weird on my shelf in between the two normal OSTs :shakehead:

Also, two cues had music removed for the LE version in order to make room for the FOTR:EE music tacked onto the end

And I was one of two people to put in for The Mummy Returns...and didn't win. haha

Awesome that you got Heavy Metal though, Koray. I won that through FSM's Ear of the Month contest a year and a half ago. It's a great score, I'm sure you'll like it!

Haha, I think it's a little bit over 2 years now. I think it was FSM's next release after the Blue Box, which went up for order in February or March 2008 I think!

Oh man, it's outdamnstanding! :P Really, being a WSS fan for many years now I've heard many arrangements, good and bad, and this one definitely ranks amongst the very best. A great arrangement is played with technical flawlessness and great energy. So to sum it all up in two words: BUY IT! All the more so for being a brass player yourself. ;)

Nick, I know Kenton's WSS well but I must say I prefer the Oscar Peterson Trio version which is "jazzier", Kenton's is of course also great but too latin-flavoured for my taste. :cool:

Awesome, I'll make sure to put it in my next order!

I actually haven't heard the Kenton album, but I've heard good things about it. Perhaps I'll pick it up one of these days.

Movie Masterpieces by John Williams (A Naxos compilation of JW classics arranged for a wind orchestra).

I've got it too. Isn't it great? The performances are very impressive indeed (but then, it's a professional wind orchestra).

I've got it too. Isn't it great? The performances are very impressive indeed (but then, it's a professional wind orchestra).

Yes it is a great album. And the arrangements are very good as are the performances. I was positively surprised. :P

We're playing the very JP and Superman arrangements from this CD with the wind orhestra I play in for our film music concert on June 25th, come listen to us! :cool: :P

We're playing the very JP and Superman arrangements from this CD with the wind orhestra I play in for our film music concert on June 25th, come listen to us! ;) ;)

Wish I could attend. ;)

Oh and I just ordered the Independence Day and The Poseidon Adventure from La-La Land Records yesterday evening. As I am sure many here did. ;)

Won the Two Towers OST from a nice guy on FSM boards

Bought ID4 and Poseidon Adventure direct from LLL. Got an autographed ID4

Bought Fringe OST and LOST Season 5 OST from Amazon.com for $13.99 each w/ free shipping