Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Package from SAE arrived today:

Hollywood '94, Robocop 2, Goldsmith's Chain Reaction & Poltergeist II (Deluxe), and Elfman's Article 99, Extreme Measure and To Die For.

All for a total of $43.90 thanks to their Varese sale.

Also came with my very first SEA/FSM magnet: It has Williams, Steiner, Newman, and Herrmann on it

Yeah, I'm somewhat shocked to see that they had those titles.

I couldn't believe it. they had a lot of odd things. Many of their Zimmer CDs were promos, with the gold writing all over it. They had a fair amount of Williams stuff as well, things I never expected to see there.

Hmmm, I just discovered that the To Die For OST only has 19 minutes of Elfman score, and I already have an 11 minute suite of it on Music For A Darkened Theater Volume 2. D'oh.

Well since I missed out on The River by procrastinating, I figured I'd go ahead and buy the balance of the order before any of it disappeared, too.

THE EDGE (EXPANDED)

SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL

MR. ATLAS (1000 EDITION)

POLTERGEIST II: DELUXE EDITION

FIRST BLOOD (RAMBO I)

OMEN (EXPANDED EDITION)

That's right, two classic Jerrys I never had before, in legit or Napster.

Received today:

John Debney: Iron Man 2

James Newton Howard: Salt (iTunes Digital Download)

I can't really get into to Iron Man 2 so much, I like many parts of Salt....but I dunno if I like the direction JNH is heading further and further into. Still wish it was a physical release. Seems like he phoned John Powell for some tips....

Salt is pretty bad ass after giving some extended listening. From Track 13 on it's amazing, especially "I'm Going Home". Movie still looks shitty though.

The Fury arrived, although The River still hasn't. I'm a bit worried now, as SAE usually ships things out fairly quickly, and I ordered The Fury about 5 days after The River.

From some used CD stores:

Matrix Reloaded

Superman Returns

The Pink Panther

How the West Was Won (Rhino 2CD)

For a total of $24

My mother decided that she doesn't need her cds anymore. So she is basically going to sell me her entire collection instead of selling it to a used cd store. I'm starting in pieces so I don't get overwhelmed.

Eric Clapton:

Eric Clapton

Ocean Boulevard

There's One in Every Crowd

No Reason to Cry

Slowhand

Backless

Another Ticket

Money and Cigarettes

Behind the Sun

August

Journeyman

From the Cradle

Pilgrim

Riding with the King

Reptile

Me and Mr. Johnson

Sessions for Robert J

Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert

E. C. Was Here

Just One Night

Time Pieces Vol.II Live In The Seventies

24 Nights

Unplugged

One More Car, One More Rider

How the West Was Won (Rhino 2CD)

That's been on my list to get and I keep procrastinating. However part of me wonders if it might not get re-issued at some point by FSM, or one of the labels.

The theme is cool, and I guess there's good stuff in it. But I rarely ever listen to it, and all I can recall is the theme.

The theme is definitely the highlight. It's hard to listen objectively to the folk songs and not have them feel dated. But, wow, what a production. I don't know if I'd buy an FSM expansion now that I have this set. It was definitely worth the $10 I paid though.

Always found it interesting that Alan Silvestri used the main title for the western sequence in Romancing the Stone.

Apparently I never actually ordered The River...I just thought I did for some reason. So no $5 rarity for me :( . However, I discovered that I had $16 on a Barnes and Noble giftcard, so I went ahead and purchased Inception.

I'm still pleased about The River. What a nice little surprise. That was one of the rarer/demanding way too much $ gaps and suddenly there it is for 5 bucks. I wish SAE would suddenly turn up a bunch of used SpaceCamps or Paper Chase/Poseidon Adventures for 5 bucks.

Apparently I never actually ordered The River...I just thought I did for some reason.

I do that with gasoline. I think I bought it, but I didn't, and then that light comes on, and oh shit, I'm calling AAA.

I want The Paper Chase!

Wow, I just realized that John Williams scored The Paper Chase! All this time I thought some other random composer did it.

Apparently I never actually ordered The River...I just thought I did for some reason.

I do that with gasoline. I think I bought it, but I didn't, and then that light comes on, and oh shit, I'm calling AAA.

:(

Paper Chase is cool. I caught it on TV recently. One of those movies you get caught up in and cannot stop watching.

Taking advantage of magical $1 shipping at Movie Music, I have ordered the following:

Diamond Head/Gone with the Wave

Not With My Wife, You Don't!/Any Wednesday

Checkmate/Rhythm in Motion

Cinema Gala Vol. 1: Star Wars/Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Having passed on these originally, I have no idea why, I found sealed copies of Bruce Broughton's George Washington Part II and the Eloise 2 disc set for a fair price.

Plus I have Predators, Batman, Krull and (hopefully next week) Spartacus shipping to me.

I'm on the fence about Predator, if it is Intrada's August 3rd release. I listened again to the Varese Cd and it sounds very good to my ears.

I'm on the fence about Predator, if it is Intrada's August 3rd release. I listened again to the Varese Cd and it sounds very good to my ears.

Why would you upgrade Krull from Supertracks to La La Land, but not upgrade Predator from Varese to Intrada?

Some of us are even married Henry.

I know, Mark. You make this very, even uncomfortably clear at times. :D I just asked because Jay recently broke up with his girlfriend.

Yes, not the one that painted me the Hook painting... a new one.

Another one. Goodness, how many girlfriends have you got?!

Having passed on these originally, I have no idea why, I found sealed copies of Bruce Broughton's George Washington Part II and the Eloise 2 disc set for a fair price.

Plus I have Predators, Batman, Krull and (hopefully next week) Spartacus shipping to me.

What has this got to do with Jason's girlfriends? :D

Some of us are even married Henry.

I know, Mark. You make this very, even uncomfortably clear at times. :D I just asked because Jay recently broke up with his girlfriend.

I know, I just couldn't resist with that opening you left.

???

From my experience, recent Varese Club releases have shipped LATE - I got my copies of Goonies and Star Trek WAYYYYyyyy after the "release date"

No, lately they've been shipping the week prior to their actual shipping date. Now how Varese processes the orders they get is a mystery.

But I've been getting my orders quick.

Since they switched from UPS to USPS, the shipping has improved quite a bit.

I spoke too soon! I got my Spartacus shipping notice just an hour ago! They're using priority mail for it, so I should get it by Monday.

Why would you upgrade Krull from Supertracks to La La Land, but not upgrade Predator from Varese to Intrada?

No - the only "extra" track is an edit of material from the Main Title and End Credits.