Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I did purchase the MP3 album of Paper Route's "Are We All Forgotten" from Amazon. I'm really warming up to indie bands, they're much more real and talented than the mainstream bands like One Direction.

I have $10 in Amazon MP3 credit. What should I spend it on? I'm leaning towards non-score stuff, since I buy all those on CD anyways. Jay, Trent H, have any recommendations?

I don't know if you're really into indie bands, but I really like Holy Ghost Tent Revival (they are not a Christian-themed band). Their mixture of bluegrass, hard rock, big band jazz, and country is really unique. It's nothing you've heard before... you might be surprised. "Getting Over Your Love" and "Hammer Fell" is really infectious.

Bluegrass, hard rock, big band jazz, and country...that sounds awesome, and I'll have to investigate! Matt C, are you familiar with Volbeat? The Danish band that combines hard rock and country into their own style of hard rock-a-billy? They're quite good.

img_3418025.jpg

(This one (Kong) a bit of a blind buy for me. I liked what I heard in the clips and the score is recommended by so many people)

Shadow.jpg

(Another blind buy)

and

21817.jpg

(My favourite Arnold, which I missed when LLL edition went OOP)

Karol - for whom it is a first purchase in nearly three months

Oooh great line up indeed both JW and the works of the other composers. I am still missing the Eiger Sanction from that lot. Here's hoping it will be re-released in complete form some day in the near future.

A good buy indeed!

I got that album a few years ago, thanks to a kind soul from this MB. :)

Oooh great line up indeed both JW and the works of the other composers. I am still missing the Eiger Sanction from that lot. Here's hoping it will be re-released in complete form some day in the near future.

Does that mean there's no lengthy Incanalysis of it hidden in the depths of the messageboard?

It's a very good album, I can tell that, at least, after a couple listens.

Does that mean there's no lengthy Incanalysis of it hidden in the depths of the messageboard?

It's a very good album, I can tell that, at least, after a couple listens.

Incanalysis

ROTFLMAO(Y)

Ha!

Hahahah a good one TTBK! :D

And btw there is a complete score analysis of The Eiger Sanction in the Review section but it is not written by me but by Omen II and a very good analysis it is indeed.

I actually got this a while ago but never posted it:

00881128192.jpg

and

5100AihKh6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Only "Perpetuum Mobile" though, one of my fave classical pieces.

Received The Bodyguard from LLL today. It's immediately apparent that whoever made the footwarmer applied a lot of hiss reduction, and ruined the acoustics in the process.

Also received the Isles of Wonder album (the olympics opening ceremony). I waited to find it cheap because I'm only interested in the first disc, which has some good instrumental material for the dramatic sections of the ceremony.

Ordered 3 Jerry Goldsmith CDs from movie music that are going OOP immenently:

1 of 2 Days in the Valley (unused score) (Intrada Special Collection Volume 198) at $19.99 each

1 of The Illustrated Man (FSM 0414) at $19.99 each

1 of Coma / Westworld / The Carey Treatment (FSM 0816) at $24.99 each

Still need to decide if I want to order The Stripper / Nick Quarry and 100 Rifles before they go OOP.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to make another MM order with those two and something else to qualify for $1 shipping, hmmmmmm

Anything else on FSM's going OOP soon list here anyone strongly recommends? I have all the WIlliams ones, of course

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/article.cfm/articleID/6883/Low-Quantity-Alert-101612/

Ordered 3 Jerry Goldsmith CDs from movie music that are going OOP immenently:

1 of 2 Days in the Valley (unused score) (Intrada Special Collection Volume 198) at $19.99 each

1 of The Illustrated Man (FSM 0414) at $19.99 each

1 of Coma / Westworld / The Carey Treatment (FSM 0816) at $24.99 each

Still need to decide if I want to order The Stripper / Nick Quarry and 100 Rifles before they go OOP.

I don't know if i'd recommend anything from the above list except for 100 RIFLES. TWO DAYS is just mediocre and COMA and ILLUSTRATED MAN, while brilliant scores, are real chores to sit through (at least IM has a wonderful siren-like main theme).

Ordered a copy of Archivmusic's reprint of Muppet Treasure Island. They're having a store-wide sale for their 10th anniversary so the album is only $12.99 instead of $17.99, a great buy for an awesome soundtrack! Shipping is very reasonable at $2.99 too.

http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album_id=586779

I highly recommend ordering it!

Archivmusic (under license from EMI) started repressing it as an on-demand release last year, recreating the complete booklet, art, and everything. Unless someone has a real problem with buying an on-demand disc this is just as good as the original release.

I don't know if i'd recommend anything from the above list except for 100 RIFLES. TWO DAYS is just mediocre and COMA and ILLUSTRATED MAN, while brilliant scores, are real chores to sit through (at least IM has a wonderful siren-like main theme).

Coma is a fun score, to me. IM I never could get into (yet).