Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I also bought the book in the fall of 2010 when it was $30 on Amazon, but I have not read more than a page of it nor listened to the Rarities archive. That disc also came in a grey sleeve, which I quickly removed and placed in a nondescript jewel case. Which I promptly lost and rediscovered not too long ago to rip, but I haven't tagged or listened to it yet. Surprise surprise.

If you view the listing now on Amazon, it shows the book cover and the album cover that Steef showed, but only as 2D straight on images, not as 3D photos showing the CD case with the book.

I did toss my grey envelope into the fire, hoping that it would be upgraded to a white one, but no dice.

Faleel 18 hours ago

Hey Doug, I noticed that there is a version of the Rarities archive out there, that came with a case, instead of a grey sleave, whats with that?

this... this is what I get for buying his book? :crymore: actually, I got it as a present BUT STILL

ok, me and stefan were just having a laugh. I got the CD in a grey envelope like everyone else, so the case did NOT come with the book. I made them one day when I was really bored and I sent one to stefan because he wanted one.

I can see the joke escalated a bit now that doug is concerned and has sent out some emails, apparently. haha... sorry :(

A Conspiracy Unmasked

Yes guys it was a joke. One that worked smashingly well I have to say.

Just goes to show how you can make people believe something on the Internet with posting two pics and some histrionics....

I hope you guys will laugh about it as hard as I have.

And Alice, thank you for the case. It's wonderful .

Making a custom sleeve for a free CD is 100% completely fine and acceptable, but pretending it is a real thing AND then on top of that posting that we should all EMAIL DOUG about it is horrible and a remarkably idiotic thing to do. I'm sure Doug is very protective of his work as he should be and the fact that you made him think there were people selling bootleg copies of his book is just an AWFUL thing to do to someone.

What were you two THINKING!? The fact that he was the victim of a prank instigated by two JWFanners makes me sick!

Doug recently joined our forum and made some extremely awesome posts which is great, but after this incident I'm sure he'll never return and I wouldn't blame him at all. Way to go guys.

Jason.

I apologised to Doug on his blog. He accepted it

Thats it as far as Mr. Adams is concerned.

It was a prank, thats it. Dont turn it into something awful. Its not like we killed a baby, by beating it to dead with a puppy...for fun.

Ill apologise to everyone else once again, but not to you.

Your reaction is way out of line!

the fact that you made him think there were people selling bootleg copies of his book is just an AWFUL thing to do to someone.

obviously, that was never my intention and I'm extremely surprised that no one suspected it was fan made. and the moment I saw that he didn't "get" the joke/saw how fan made my case really looks I wrote here and said that it was all a joke and stefan posted on his blog.

The fact that he was the victim of a prank instigated by two JWFanners makes me sick!

wtf? do you hear yourself?

I've already apologized and I'll send him an email too.

woah....things really escalated here.

I noticed Faleel's post on Doug's blog and then read through all this (thinking the cover was the real thing). In the end, it was funny, but its a shame that Doug had to get involved.

But all that said and done, where can I get my copy?! :P

Doug recently joined our forum and made some extremely awesome posts which is great, but after this incident I'm sure he'll never return and I wouldn't blame him at all. Way to go guys.

I'd leave the freaking out (if there is to be one) and its degree to Doug.

Well that was fun guys. While it lasted. You got us. You really got us.

Don't ban anyone on my account. They got me fair and square. No harm done ...

Peace,

D

I was never planning on banning anybody, I just thought what Alice and Stefan did was incredibly idiotic. I'm glad your not offended, Doug. Thanks for everything you do!

these things are way less funny when they involve one's livelihood!

Indeed.

Looks like the biggest "victim" of this prank (which was obviously fair game and in good spirit) was Jason.

Lol!

C'mon Jason, it was just a bit of fun, take it on the chin, be a sport arf arf