Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

No there are some slight changes in Moon Runes and Old Friends as well. I'm not counting the shorter version of the song, which for god knows what reason got expanded for the EE.

Karol

No there are some slight changes in Moon Runes and Old Friends as well.

Karol

Uh, he was talking about clean openings, not alternate cues.

Finally decided to scratch a couple Intrada titles off my wish list: North By Northwest and Charade.

Also finally bought the soundtrack for Bottle Rocket to complete my Wes Anderson music collection. Never knew the original short had its music released digitally.

After far too long hesitation I ordered directly from Tadlow's site:

XPD172.jpg

and

TADLOW005.jpg

I'll probably start collecting their other fantastic re-recordings in the coming months. Their work is both very important in providing old scores a breath of fresh air with the new performances but also making some of these classic scores available in their full form for the first time.

Those are absolute must-haves, Mikko, I couldn't recommend them enough. They're both among my most played cd's, brilliant stuff indeed

I have heard both and I was able to afford them so it was a no brainer really. Outstanding performances and presentations of both scores. I also plan to get at least both fun and gorgeous Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, perhaps both of the Conan scores and Hour of the Gun (my favourite Goldsmith Western) soon. :)

We expect full and detailed reports on those scores, O Grey Pilgrim!

I still need to get Quo Vadis, myself; El Cid might just be the best release of the 00's.

Speaking of Rózsa I should put Ben-Hur (FSM) on my immediate shopping list. It is high time to get that corner stone of the composer's discography and why not do it in the most complete form possible. :)

A question to those who have the FSM release: Is the sound quality significantly improved from the older 2-disc complete score release?

Good choices, Incanus!

As for Ben-Hur. Yes you can see a difference in sound quality. Much as with Superman.

But even if that is not enough for you, rest assured there are some nice alternates to be heard as well.

And even if that doesn't convince you, you still get three LP album, which are very nice indeed (especially the third one).

Karol

One thing that gives me the horrors though is the postage on the Ben-Hur set. 5 discs (at e.g. SAE 20$ for postage alone). :o

Well, the postman has to deliver it through the eternal snowfields!

True. My own fault I guess that I was born here in the eternally frozen North.

MovieMusic.com has better shipping rates. You'd save something around $3, by my calculations. That, plus good service. Recommended.

Karol

MovieMusic.com has better shipping rates. You'd save something around $3, by my calculations. That, plus good service. Recommended.

Karol

Yes, moviemusic.com is awesome!

Yes I have ordered once from moviemusic.com and their service was fast and reliable. I just might turn to them on this Ben-Hur business. :)

A quick question here about Tadlow Music. I ordered from their site and would like to know if anyone has ever ordered directly from them. Do they send you any e-mail confirmation that the order has been shipped? And how prompt is their fulfillment of orders? To me it looks like James Fitzpatrick is running the whole business by himself.

I order every release direct from them, usually don't get a shipping notice. But everything is always fine. When I ordered Lawrence of Arabia it didn't show up for month, so James sent a replacement ASAP.

Eventually I did get the first copy he mailed out as well, several months later.

Ah ok. That's a relief. Now I know that I might have to wait a bit even though they have to ship it only to Europe. Thanks for the information Joe! And yeah I intend to order directly from them in the future as well to show my support to their wonderful label. :)

Did you buy The Wolverine on physical CD? Just curious if that is the cover you got in your country - in the US it's a drawn one.

I got my El Cid and Quo Vadis today. :) As you guys said it is fast and good service from Tadlow.

And the music is brilliant of course.

You also need Taras Bulba. An absolutely stunning music and album.

Karol

I need just about their every release. :D

I will order both Insurrection and Generations when the first one starts shipping next month. No reason to spend money just now when I won't see them until my next pay anyway.

Karol

I've cut my purchasing way down.

I just finally ordered Insurrection and BOBW.

And I have a long list of scores I have to buy now that I have a paying job (at least for a while). ;)

There certainly has not been a drought of releases of classic scores in the last few years. So much from the pile of holy grails has been released.

There a few others I'm waiting for, probably 5 titles that I would truly want. But yeah most of the important ones have been released.