Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I love a handful of Desplat scores but most of his scores do nothing for me; Giacchino's the other way around where I love most of his work but a handful do nothing for me

Despite not having heard a not from Valerian yet, what I've heard from Spidey certainly makes it likely Valerian will be the better score!

• 2 weeks later...

As Michael Giacchino's Spider-Man Homecoming was released today on physical and digital media I picked it up at an Australian Home Media retailer, something I was surprised was actually stocked for a first day of release. The album's booklet is a fold-out poster and the CD has nice art on the disc. I haven't been able to listen to it all yet, I'm going to wait until I see the film to pick out what I find interesting instead of blindly going into the album. "Monumental Mayhem" was one of the cues I was looking forward to and doesn't disappoint!

Hmmm.  My Intrada package with PAPILLON, Poltergeist II, Sky High, and COSMOS arrived today... but for some reason Spider-man Homecoming OST from Amazon did not.  Amazon still says its "on the way", though; Is the post office going to come to my house twice today?

Luckily my Amazon order of Spider-Man and my SAE order with Papillon and couple of Herrmanns both arrived today!  I've got some soundtracks to dig into this weekend.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Hmmm.  My Intrada package with PAPILLON, Poltergeist II, Sky High, and COSMOS arrived today... but for some reason Spider-man Homecoming OST from Amazon did not.  Amazon still says its "on the way", though; Is the post office going to come to my house twice today?

Amazon usually uses UPS, and occasionally their own delivery service, never USPS. 

On 7/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, Disco Stu said:

Just unwrapped my copy of Papillon.  Very happy to see a label that still does track-by-track commentary.

John Takis to the rescue!

On 7/7/2017 at 8:42 PM, Koray Savas said:

Amazon usually uses UPS, and occasionally their own delivery service, never USPS. 

What in the world are you talking about Koray?  Of course Amazon uses USPS....

Anyways, my Spider-man OST was in the mailbox when we checked it Saturday, no idea if it was put in there Friday or Saturday though

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

:(  That's a shame, as its a damn fine score.

Yes I know it very well... and It's on my wishlist!

6 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Still...

you can get temperatures that high?

The eastern seaboard of North America is God's sweaty asscrack in the Summer.

• 2 weeks later...

imagejpeg

Oh oh I also picked this up in town.

The DVD any good? Something to watch straight away or best left until I've nothing else to watch?

Hmmm, not sure if the images show or not. 

Anyway, in case they don't, the 4 I got where:

Aliens

The King's Speech

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Spielberg and Williams: The Ultimate Collection

17 minutes ago, crocodile said:

imagejpeg is a great score...but why on Earth would you buy 4 copies?

Karol

They all have different levels of emboss.