Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Luckily I noticed the fringes coming off much earlier and had to request a free copy from SAE as they had plenty in stock back then. You should email SAE and ask if they still have more of these around. Send a polite email to Katie. She always helps.

6 hours ago, Incanus said:

Btw. Maglorfin the awesome book that comes with the box was in a fine condition and feels an looks very sturdy based on my initial perusal.

Gratias ago, amicissime. I remember I also received the BB just like you did - "in a sturdy box with bubble wrap and other padding it arrived pristine". But unfortunately, after a few days, the book started to fall apart as seen on the photos. But surely, SAE will have rectified the issue by now, I remember that soon after many complaints surfaced, they started replacing books free of charge but I didn't apply for it back then so I don't know if the replacements were actually of better quality.

47 minutes ago, azahid said:

Luckily I noticed the fringes coming off much earlier and had to request a free copy from SAE as they had plenty in stock back then. You should email SAE and ask if they still have more of these around. Send a polite email to Katie. She always helps.

Ah OK, thank you! :thumbup: I think I'll try.

• 2 weeks later...

Stefan, you were JUST in Boston.  You could have walked to Symphony Hall and bought the Lockhart CD directly from the source!

Anyways, as soon as I saw your picture I was going to say "someone went to Amoeba" :P

Cool place, innit?

Totally unexpectedly met the Spielberg-Williams collab set in the local tech store, so I couldn't leave the poor guy there all alone!

Weirdly, I think I enjoyed the 3rd disc the most on the first listening. It had the most new material for me, and I liked most of it - Afrika, Escapades, and Immigration and Building were almost worth the price of the whole set. Most of the first disc and half the second I already know by heart (although new arrangements and recordings are always nice), and I don't like how inexplicably Hook-heavy the second disc is. (Not that any of it it's bad by any means, but a third of the tracks reserved for it seems overkill.)

I also saw the JW conducts music from SW with BPO 2CD, but I left it there for now. The first disc will be completely redundant when I get the upcoming E.T. and the inevitable SWOT set, and for the second disc, I'll have to look into how good that Planets performance is.

5 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

At some point I plan on picking up a bunch of their recordings all at once, like Ben-Hur, Conan the Barbarian, Lawrence of Arabia, Exodus, El Cid and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Both BEN-HUR, and EL CID are fantastic.

IT'S FANTASTIC!

'tastic

'tastic

'tastic

8 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

At some point I plan on picking up a bunch of their recordings all at once, like Ben-Hur, Conan the Barbarian, Lawrence of Arabia, Exodus, El Cid and Sodom and Gomorrah.

All the Tadlow Rózsa recordings are worth the price as are those other three you mention. I have a particular fondness for their Quo Vadis.

Now they need to do King of Kings to complete his sword and sandal epics line-up.

I beg to disagree.

Bram Stoker's Dracula is a minor masterpiece! The best Dracula movie, by far.

The atmosphere, the setting are just unique.... It's a visual treat, and that alone could carry the movie (well, that and the score). Plus, Winona Ryder was hot!

11 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

I ordered a ton of their albums I was still missing when they had a sale a year or two ago. All good, even if I haven't listened to a few of them more than once yet.

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Is this score better than John Williams's Dracula, though? Well, let's not go overboard. It's good, but not THAT good. :D

It is no laughing MATTER!

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

I've never seen the Langella Dracula outside of a couple of clips.  Some of the visuals were a little nifty, like him climbing down the side of the house.

He didn't climb down the side of a house, he crawled down the side of a house :lol:

What makes DRACULA (1979) watchable, is Langella's central performance, Gil Taylor's lush photography, solid support from Jan Francis, Donald Pleasance, and Tony Haygarth, and the score. Oh, yeah...and Kate Nelligan...