Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

And because I dislike multiple scores on one disc I bought the Collectors Choice re-issue of Capricorn One since I'll be dumping the GNP Outland / Capricorn One CD.

I'll take the GNP disc off your hands if you don't want it. biggrin.gif

Send me your address and it's yours.

Yea, we broke up

I hope it's not the one that made you that painting, but a previous one, which is how I interpreted it; but if it's only been recently, I'm very sorry, man! Hope you get some consolation with music!

Yea, the one that gave me the painting is the same one I gave my Hook OST to is the same one I'm now broken up with. It's ok.

I've seen Something Wicked This Way Comes in local HMV store for £49. As much as I'd like to own this, it might not be worth the price. Or is it?

Karol

I don't care what name it carries, but I just want a good CD store that actually stocks stuff at a decent price.

Although it doesn't matter anymore since all of my purchases these days are film scores.

The only mail I got today was Medal Of Honor: Underground and Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun CDs that I got from an amazon seller

No package from Varese with Star Trek

No package from Movie Music with Star Trek 3, Images, and Robocop

No package from Movie Music with the 3 used CDs I bought.

The only mail I got today was Medal Of Honor: Underground and Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun CDs that I got from an amazon seller

No package from Varese with Star Trek

No package from Movie Music with Star Trek 3, Images, and Robocop

No package from Movie Music with the 3 used CDs I bought.

I feel your pain.

Came home to find my package from moviemusic with Star Trek 3, Images, and Robocop!

Sadly my Star Trek 3 case arrived broken...

I've been buying far too many for my own financial good. :P

Need to rip both my Predator and Capricorn One CDs to my computer and then sell them off to make up for that.

Package from moviemusic arrived today with Empire Of The Sun, Speed Racers, and Hook. All used.

Sadly Hook has the original 4 page booklet, and not the 8page booklet my first copy had. Oh well.

The Edge Limited Edition: I think my procrastination paid off because I have been meaning to get this soundtrack for years. Now I can have the complete score. :cool:

The Nativity Story: Another score I have been meaning to buy for a long time.

Speed 2 and The Edge arrived today! Along with the Speed2 DVD from netflix! Should be able to make a complete cue list figuring out what's not on here from the composer promo sometime soon

The Best of Rimksy-Korsakov

Mahler: Symphonies No. 3 & 4 (2 CDs)

Saint-Saens: Carnival of the Animals and Organ Symphony

Unforgettable (John Williams and the Boston Pops)

All this for only $20! :)

My Father's Day Haul:

Star Trek Deluxe Edition

Star Trek III The Search for Spock

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Images

Logan's Run

Cloak and Dagger

Fear No Evil

The Comancheros

Mr. Atlas

I got Amazing Stories Anthology Three, now that I know it's not going to be offered in Intrada's sale. I've never heard any of this music beyond the "Main Theme," but I have heard that it's good.

I was also going to buy the 4 Hook cues that I don't have on the Williams on Williams album, but I realized it cost one extra dollar (including shipping) to get the entire album "Like New" from Amazon. So I went ahead and ordered the CD.

I always get the album if it's released on CD. I just got that Yo-Yo Ma compilation CD, for instance, for a cheap price of course, to get the American Collection Theme. In this way it's also nice to be surprised by other stuff on the CD that you didn't know but is very good, too.

Good choice, the whole album is good

Am I correct in thinking that if there are any repeats between this album and the John Williams: Greatest Hits, they will be the same recording?

Ordered Fools Of Fortune by Hans Zimmer for my brother's birthday. It's the one HZ score he doesn't have on CD. Can't believe I could only find one on the entirety of the internet, good thing today was pay day cause it wasn't cheap.

When visiting Arizona last week, I picked up the following in a record store:

Homage to Duke - Dave Grusin (my first Dave Grusin album)

Viva España! (a compilation of Spanish music such as Manuel de Falla's El sombrero de tres picos)

Sophisticated Lady - Duke Ellington

Scheherazade and Russian Easter Overture - Rimsky-Korsakov (I have heard nothing but praise for him, so I decided to check out his most famous music)

Symphonie fantastique - Hector Berlioz

I am also really tempted to get How to Steal a Million/ Bachelor Flat since it is on sale, would that be a good purchase?

EDIT: Oh, thanks for pointing that out, Jason. I will most likely get it, then.

I haven't listened to my copy yet, but there's been a discussion about it going on in the Intrada thread

Scheherazade and Russian Easter Overture - Rimsky-Korsakov (I have heard nothing but praise for him, so I decided to check out his most famous music)

I just got these pieces myself, and they magnificent.

I am also really tempted to get How to Steal a Million/ Bachelor Flat since it is on sale, would that be a good purchase?

It is the best of his 60s comedy scores (that I have heard, mind you). Very fun and surprisingly beautiful.

I got the Geisha live session EP. Then I went out to local FYE which has a bomb ass classical section and it seemed they had all the "Music of America" sets except the Williams one. So I guess I'll just Amazon that one.