Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Bought Jaws and E.T. original albums. You know, the short ones with re-recorded stuff.

Karol

I think those are really the best representations for those scores, especially E.T. - he really nailed it with that album. Not that I don't love the complete scores, but the albums are really something special.

I think those are really the best representations for those scores, especially E.T. - he really nailed it with that album. Not that I don't love the complete scores, but the albums are really something special.

Both scores should get the complete & remastered treatment along with a remastered album disc. E.T.'s album sounds great (much better than the Murphy remasters of the score) but is very hissy.

There was no separate album recording session, this isn't a Jaws situation where they re-recorded everything rather than using the film recordings. They simply recorded a bunch of concert arrangements and alternate album-friendly versions along with the film cues like most other JW film scores, and the final album is mostly made up of these concert arrangements and alternate versions with only a few actual film cues included.

There was no separate album recording session, this isn't a Jaws situation where they re-recorded everything rather than using the film recordings. They simply recorded a bunch of concert arrangements and alternate album-friendly versions along with the film cues like most other JW film scores, and the final album is mostly made up of these concert arrangements and alternate versions with only a few actual film cues included.

Really! The album sounds so different, I was sure they had separate sessions for it.

The Battle For Peace is the same recording, just with some inserts.

Thats not what the Liner notes say:

"The Final Count [was] specifically labeled as a "record version" on the master tapes"

I have to admit I have no idea whether the Rarities Archive was ever released separate from Doug's book. And as far as I know, the 2nd pressing doesn't change the way the CD is attached to the book, i.e. it comes in that grey envelope.

The second printing of Doug's book added the permanently attached silk bookmark that the first printing didn't have. But this is the first I'm hearing of it also adding a different container for the bonus CD. Maybe this is a third printing?