Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Just got a CD of The River for $25 dollars.

Nice! I think I bought it at a similar price at SAE a couple of years ago. :)

It's a lovely score, and one of JW's two best of 1984. What do you think of it?

As you say it is a really lovely score, something entirely different with its rustic Americana that has nice shades of jazzy and bluesy influences. It could not be more different compared to the other score of the year, Temple of Doom.

I'm halfway through it. Gloomy and suspenseful. Somewhat contradictory as well, in that it merges both Herrmann with more typical modern suspense droning. I'll share more thoughts later.

Karol

Don't think I've posted here in awhile.

Arizona Colt - Francesco De Masi

Le Ruffian - Ennio Morricone

Lolita - Ennio Morriocone

Nebraska - Mark Orton

Falling Down - James Newton Howard

Black Sails - Bear McCreary

Stagecoach - Jerry Goldsmith

Morricone is a bottomless well, really. I have several compilations, his American movie scores and many dramas. But his older stuff and many Italian things are still a great unknown.

Karol

Morricone is a bottomless well, really. I have several compilations, his American movie scores and many dramas. But his older stuff and many Italian things are still a great unknown.

Karol

I'm sure you're familiar with his Leone stuff, though, yes? You in the mood for westerns or dramas? I've got a ton of titles to toss out.

Karol

I'm sure you're familiar with his Leone stuff, though, yes? You in the mood for westerns or dramas? I've got a ton of titles to toss out.

Yes, recommend me something off beat and quirky. And obscure.

Oh I forgot I'm seeing Moericone in concert on 10th. Yay!

Karol

16h for me. Horribly expensive tickets, and the acoustics will suck, but I don't think I'll get another chance to see him live.

That's my situation, but I've decided it's not worth it. Concerts, for me, need to have good seats to make it a memorable experience. If I'm not in the thick of it, I find little difference than sitting at my desk listening to the music.

16h for me. Horribly expensive tickets, and the acoustics will suck, but I don't think I'll get another chance to see him live.

I managed to combine this trip with other stuff, like catching up with my friends from Berlin and few other things. I'm really looking forward to it.

Karol

Karol

Yes, recommend me something off beat and quirky. And obscure.

Karol

Forgot to make some recommendations!

Check out Le Ruffian, ...E Per Tetto Un Cielo Di Stelle, Battle Of Algiers, and Revolver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oUxcSdgXzk

I managed to snag a used copy of The Eiger Sanction for $21 on Amazon. Just got it in the mail, and it's in great shape. Quite a steal. I'm so glad to finally own this score!

Only two more holes in my JW collection: The Towering Inferno and Jaws 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally my latest order arrived carrying

The Blue Max

To Kill a Mockingbird

Cutthroat Island the Complete Original Motion Picture Score

I have some listening to do. :)