Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

The question still stands

I don't understand how, but no.

This should be some days of fun.

Are you familiar with any of them? Gil Fumavano Le Colt... is awesome.

Look pal, i listened to this stuff on german telly when you were all but a lustful glint in your father's eye. Of course i have and i deeply bemoan that Marcello Giombini's Sartana Kills Them All still isn't released and probably never will:

The question still stands

I don't understand how, but no.

This should be some days of fun.

Are you familiar with any of them? Gil Fumavano Le Colt... is awesome.

That's pretty neat! I might pick up one of these scores then. Don't have a lot of Westerns under my belt, so might as well start now. Any recommendations on where to start?

I wasn't being sarcastic. No one else talks about western scores around here. Any other favorites that I may not have heard of?

You probably have most of the Morricones & Nicolais, but i recoomend the dark horse Alessandro Alessandroni with titles like SU LE MANI, CADAVERE, EL PURO, STELLA POLARE...cheesy as hell but in a healthy kind of way. I dig up some more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMVscNZ2R-M

That's pretty neat! I might pick up one of these scores then. Don't have a lot of Westerns under my belt, so might as well start now. Any recommendations on where to start?

You of course know the Leone's, but you need most urgently the Morricone scores to IL MERCENARIO, THE BIG GUNDOWN and a trillion others but it's hard to recommend a sampler because all the cool Spaghetti western compilations are long sold out. Bruno Nicolai, Marcello Giombini (SABATA), Franco Micalizzi (see below), Luis Bacalov, Francesco De Masi and Piero Piccioni were the most important contributors, methinks.

Yeah I have Su Le Mani. There's also a really badass cue from his Suor Omicidi.

That's not even a western...if you start there, the italians had so many cool and demented scores in the 60's and 70's, it's on par with Hollywood output-wise. Piero Umiliani, originator of the rightfully beloved Mah Nah Mah Nah did several cool western scores, ie FIGLIO DE DJANGO, BLOOD RIVER, and ROY COLT & WINCHESTER JACK:

SABATA'S RETURN isn't as good as the first - ther silly male vocals are a hoot, though. Gianni Ferrio also had some good ones:

Ahh. Well you're in for a treat then!

How so? What exactly does Don Davis do in this score? I mean, back when people actually wanted to work with him.

Have you heard the score?

Especially if you're looking into developing more skills in avant-garde music or masterful orchestration, there's some crazy things to study in there. "Unable to Speak" makes for fascinating study especially.

Darn it, you're making me look forward to it even more, and it just makes time pass slower.

But that's a good thing. That leaves more time for me to post here and compose in the meantime.

Can't wait for it. Sqwee! ^_^

Especially if you're looking into developing more skills in avant-garde music or masterful orchestration, there's some crazy things to study in there. "Unable to Speak" makes for fascinating study especially.

Quite overrated actually. Though parts of the sequel scores are quite good. And it certainly works in the film.

Quite overrated actually. Though parts of the sequel scores are quite good. And it certainly works in the film.

Typical!

Finally got my score today!

Wow...

Don Davis is freaky with the extended techniques, polytonality, and notaton.

Oh, and guess what the percussion section calls for? This:

628x471.jpg

I have to get that SW Anthology. In the past few weeks I have been hearing a lot of talk about how it is apparently essential. ;)

I've not heard it yet myself (I'm away from home atm). But it was really really cheap and little birds tell me sound quality alone is worth it. Especially on Jedi.

Karol

I always liked the packaging. Can remember seeing it once in a record store in late 1990's. It felt strange at the time because SE's were out and I had no idea what it was.

Karol

the Anthology doth interest. I'll scrimp and see what happens.

But in the meantime I brought Lawrence of Arabia (which includes suites from Ryan's Daughter/Passage to India & Doctor Zhivago) as well as North by Northwest

Wow. I completely missed this idiotic post!

My SIGNED Last Starfighter shipped!

With all the talk this score has been getting, I need to check this out.

My signed Last Starfighter arrived on Saturday from Creature Features

post-50-0-97326900-1420556506.jpg

Just now, I pre-ordered Giacchino's Jupiter Ascending OST, because the price on Amazon US dropped from $34 to $19.99. If La-La Land announces a US version before Feb 9, I'll cancel the pre-order and order their version instead.

jupiter-ascending-large.jpg

I just bought Intrada's On the Waterfront. First time I purchased a non-JW score from a speciality label in a really really long time...

Darn I completely forgot this score release! I guess I need to make an order today.