How Does One Define This?

Elmo Lewis

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Grant and Sattler's lines are mis-named on the left-most portion of the Jurassic Park map

2. Lando's line should not be next to Luke's at the end, as they do not leave the Death Star together

3. On the LOTR map, up and down correspond loosely to NorthWest and SouthEast, respectively

Also, I love how the ring-bearer is highlighted throughout

2. Lando's line should not be next to Luke's at the end, as they do not leave the Death Star together

That's a minor technicality. They do not travel together, but they both leave the Death Star at about the same time -- Luke is seen hijacking a shuttle as it's falling to pieces, and Lando barely beats the fireball out of the shaft. And we know they both fly down to Endor, and ultimately meet at the party at Ewok Village 2000.

The movie does not explain how much time elapses and what occurs between the daylight explosion of the Death Star and the nighttime celebration. I think that they show Vader being burned at night because it makes a much nicer contrast against the dark surroundings, and so that fireworks help segue into the celebration sequence.

So if you shrink both the Death Star and Endor down to single points, they would share the same path, even if Lando returned to the hangar for debriefing before landing, and if Luke would have some 'splaining to do as to why he's got Darth Vader's body in an Imperial shuttle, to not be confused with a fleeing Imperial officer.

Sorry, I had to get my geek fix on. The diagrams are absolutely fantastic.

Wow.

And I thought I was over the top when I used to keep detailed stats for the early Madden games, even to go so far as to actually run the computer against computer to play a full season and put together a little book on my word processor detailing each game.

Of course I was in Korea at the the time and if I wasn't working the choices were either drinking or.... uh nevermind.