Zimmer on John Williams

David Coscina

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised. Zimmer has expressed his respect for John Williams before. I believe there's an interview in which he says Williams is a far better action writer than he is, for instance. But still good to hear again...although perhaps not for the part of his fanbase that thinks no other composer can hold a candle to Zimmer. Luckily, I come from a far more moderate crowd that can enjoy some of the man's work without denying its weaknesses.

I believe there's an interview in which he says Williams is a far better action writer than he is, for instance.

What an arrogance!

The Hans Zimmer I know would say that he isn't a real composer.

I agree! I liked him when he said to Ridley Scott, "Who, me? No, no, you need a REAL composer for a movie like this!" I don't think Zimmer places himself in the same league as the legends. Let's face it, Zimmer is a little more rational than his fanboys.

Alex

I've said it before, Zimmer seems like a nice person. Someone I wouldn't mind sitting down with and having a beer or two.

His music is the problem.

I've said it before, Zimmer seems like a nice person. Someone I wouldn't mind sitting down with and having a beer or two.

Well just don't say that to him after he's downed a few pints. I hear he's got a temper on him...

Actually I could see a cartoon from our message board artist....

Me and Hans sitting at a table with empty bear bottle scattered about, both drunk, me with my arms around his shoulder telling him I love him like a brother but his music sucks. :thumbup:

Same here. Just with a substitute for the beer. :thumbup:

Zimmer would drunkenly end up putting one of his cd's on in light protest and Mark would eventually end up saying something like "y'know -hic- ...this ain't bad actually -hic-... turn that power anthem up to 11 -hic-..." The two of them dancing into the early hours... to the Going for Gold theme.

I'd put money on it.

Actually I could see a cartoon from our message board artist....

Me and Hans sitting at a table with empty beer bottle scattered about, both drunk, me with my arms around his shoulder telling him I love him like a brother but his music sucks. :)

Why not? He's already drawn the most interesting man in the world on an island, so the hard part would be drawing so many bottles of beer.

I can't think of anyone I wouldn't mind having a beer or two with. The key word is beer.

With Williams you'd probably drink a fine wine.

It is nice to hear Zimmer pay respects to JW, even though as noted it isn't a surprise.

I can't think of anyone I wouldn't mind having a beer or two with. The key word is beer.

With Williams you'd probably drink a fine wine.

It is nice to hear Zimmer pay respects to JW, even though as noted it isn't a surprise.

I could see JW drinking a good scotch or brandy too...