Back To The Future is Here

Dean1700

Finally.

Thanks Intrada.

Yeah I know this will probably be locked and a message telling people to go to the Intrada thread but this needed to be announced in it's own thread.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally.

Thanks Intrada.

Yeah I know this will probably be locked and a message telling people to go to the Intrada thread but this needed to be announced in it's own thread.

Indeed! Hurrah! :)

Ok, so I'm guessing CD 1 will be like this: -

01. Logo - What logo? The Universal Pictures one?

02. DeLorean Reveal - I'm guessing this will be the same as "The Delorean Revealed" from the high-necked footwarmer and "A Time Machine?."

03. Einstein Disintegrated - Probably the same as "Einstein Disintegrates" and "The World's First Time Traveller."

04. '85 Twin Pines Mall - Probably the same as "The Libyans".

05. Peabody Barn / Marty Ditches Delorean - Hopefully the first half will contain the "Tales From Space" segment, and "Barn Door Exit" before continuing with the "Ditching The DeLorean" part.

06. '55 Town Square - Presumably the same as "The Town Square".

07. Lorraine's Bedroom - Probably the same as "Good Ol' 1955".

08. Retrieve DeLorean - Probably the same as "The DeLorean Retrieved".

09. 1.21 Jigowatts (Isn't it spelt Gigawatts?) - Probably the same as "1.21 Gigawatts?!"

10. The Picture - Unsure about this. Could this be the "Science Fiction Theatre" segment? If so, then what is the next track? Unused score?

11. Picture Fade - Unsure about this. Could this be the "Science Fiction Theatre" segment? If so, then what is the previous track? Unused score?

12. Skateboard Chase - Probably the same as "Skateboard Hero", BUT will it contain the opening hit as heard in the film (similar to "Hoverboard Chase" from Part II)? The high-necked footwarmer didn't have it.....

13. Marty's Letter - Got to be the same as.....erm....."Marty's Letter". :)

14. George To The Rescue: Part I - I know which music this is, but I can't remember the track titles from the high-necked footwarmer! :P

15. Marvin Be-Bop - I know which music this is, but I can't remember the track titles from the high-necked footwarmer! :P

16. George To The Rescue: Part II - I know which music this is, but I can't remember the track titles from the high-necked footwarmer! :P

17. Tension / The Kiss - I know which music this is, but I can't remember the track titles from the high-necked footwarmer! :P

18. Goodnight Marty - Probably the same as "It's Been...Educational".

19. It's Been Educational / Clocktower - Probably "The Clock Tower" and "Back To The Future!" cues joined together.

20. Helicopter - Probably the same as "Doc's Success". Lovely string variation here. ;)

21. '85 Lone Pine Mall - Probably the same as "The Libyans Return".

22. 4 x 4 - Guessing this is the same as "Marty & Jennifer" or "How About A Ride Mr?"

23. Doc Returns - This needs no clarification! :(

24. Back To The Future (End Credits) - Needless to say, this is the Main Theme suite from the original album. Of course, in the film the beginning and end is edited.

So there you have it, another FANTASTIC score release from Intrada (thanks guys!!!) ;):D

Why was a new thread made? This was pointless and hopefully the mods will lock it up.

Maybe people don't want to trail through God-knows-how-many pages to find out what the new release/releases are. :)

MODS: If you are planning on locking this thread, please move my long post to the Intrada thread. Thanks.

I have no problem with a separate thread to discuss the actual CD once its out. That kind of discussion shouldn't be buried in the Intrada predictions and announcements thread.

I agree. This is where we'll want to know where to put all the songs between the tracks if we want a hybrid mix of film order, or how to adjust pitch, or where to rearrange stuff to get all the tracked instances, and otherwise praise the release. Not the Intrada thread.

Hmmm, now to answer the big question.....

Should I just rip my original BTTF as a seperate one or should I combine it with the new Intrada one?

Decisions, decisions......

Why was a new thread made? This was pointless and hopefully the mods will lock it up.

Why should it be locked? I don't check the Intrada thread very often. I didn't even know this was released

Should I just rip my original BTTF as a seperate one or should I combine it with the new Intrada one?

I'm going to rip them as separate albums, but then I'll create a playlist that contains the appropriate tracks from both (as well as the separately purchased "Mr. Sandman") in the right order. Combining it all into one album means I have to fiddle with the track numbers, which I find extremely tedious. With a playlist, I can just drag and drop.

I'm going to rip them as separate albums, but then I'll create a playlist that contains the appropriate tracks from both (as well as the separately purchased "Mr. Sandman") in the right order. Combining it all into one album means I have to fiddle with the track numbers, which I find extremely tedious. With a playlist, I can just drag and drop.

I was being somewhat sarcastic but in all seriousness I usually leave songs off unless they were especially comeposed for a film. I might add "The Power Of Love".

Ah. Totally missed the sarcasm. :) I normally don't bother with songs, either, but in the case of BTTF, they just feel like such an integral (and fun!) part of the musical soundscape of the film that I'd rather not be without them, as many others have said.

This'll be my second official one, once I get around to ordering it.

I'll combine some of the songs in, but mainly the important ones. I wonder if the Intrada disc will have the bit of score that's overlaid at the end of Earth Angel.

I wonder if the Intrada disc will have the bit of score that's overlaid at the end of Earth Angel.

That will be at the end of "Tension / The Kiss", surely?

I wonder if the Intrada disc will have the bit of score that's overlaid at the end of Earth Angel.

That's one of my favorite little moments in the score, even without the "song" part over the top of it. Very beautiful.

I like how that bit of score is mixed with Earth Angel on the OST, but was very happy when the boot had the cue clean as well

Why should it be locked? I don't check the Intrada thread very often. I didn't even know this was released

Well thank god it wasn't a Williams release that went out of print.

One of my favourite moments from the score is the final statement of the main theme's intro right at the end of the movie, as the Delorean backs up before taking off. The brass sounds epic and I just love the unique recording quality of the score.

Well thank god it wasn't a Williams release that went out of print.

yeah I assume people would make a seperate thread for a Williams release ,but maybe not. so I better check the other threads more often

The King has spoken so the thread stays open. lol

No one shall go against my word

k.M.Still on the fence about ordering this as he maintains this score has always been vastly overrated and never really listened to fan edits or the Re-recording that often

No one shall go against my word

k.M.Still on the fence about ordering this as he maintains this score has always been vastly overrated

Ah, who really cares? Just buy it then complain about it.

:P

yes,AotC is much better . All post 1970 unreleased Williams scores are better than BttF (or anything silvestri ever composed)

............................................________........................

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............

.........................,/...............................................”:,........

.....................,?......................................................\,.....

.................../...........................................................,}....

................./......................................................,:`^`..}....

.............../...................................................,:”........./.....

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

When it came out in 1985, I thought the main theme was ok but the underscore was overall not as good as what Williams,Horner or Goldsmith could do at the time. So I was always ok with having the main theme on the Kunzel compilation and leave it at that

My hype doesn't grow over time because people keep wanting it in the internet message boards

Even though this was already discussed in the Intrada thread, I'm going to leave this open.

I'm sure people will want to discuss this set once they've received it, possibly more than other Intrada releases.

I basically agree with KM.

I'll give it a go. If i'm dissapointed with it i can always sell it on ebay in a few years rime.

It's the same as Ghostbusters and Goonies in my books