"Back to the Future Overture"

01. Logo

"Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News

"Time Bomb Town" by Lindsey Buckingham

02. DeLorean Reveal

03. Einstein Disintegrated

04. ’85 Twin Pines Mall

05. Peabody Barn; Marty Ditches DeLorean

"Mr. Sandman" by The Four Aces (not featured on original album)

06. ’55 Town Square

"The Ballad Of Davy Crocket" by Fess Parker (not featured on original album)

07. Lorraine’s Bedroom

08. Retrieve DeLorean

09. 1.21 Jigowatts

10. The Picture

11. Picture Fades

"The Wallflower (Dance With Me Henry)" by Etta James

12. Skateboard Chase

13. Marty’s Letter

"Night Train" by Marvin Berry and the Starlighters

14. George To The Rescue – Pt. 1

15. Marvin Be-Bop (Source Cue)

16. George To The Rescue – Pt. 2

"Earth Angel" by Marvin Berry and the Starlighters

"Pledging My Love" by Johnny Ace (not featured on original album)

17. Tension; The Kiss

"Johnny B. Goode" by Marty McFly and The Starlighters

18. Goodnight Marty (Source Cue)

19. It’s Been Educational; Clocktower

20. Helicopter

"Heaven Is One Step Away" by Eric Clapton

21. ’85 Lone Pine Mall

22. 4 x 4

23. Doc Returns

"Back in Time" by Huey Lewis and the News

24. Back To The Future (End Credits)

Frank,

Just a quick question...why put the overture from the MCA release on there? It's just edited cues. There's not point...that's almost like someone putting the theme at the beginning and end of the score...repeating cues.

Edit: Sorry I saw Frank quoted ETandEliott4Ever...but still why have the Overture on there? It's pointless.

Mine arrived today!

It's like I'm hearing it for the first time.

Man, I should have gotten it direct from Intrada. I don't know if mine's even shipped yet.

I ordered it from Intrada, and still no shipping confirmation. This is bullshit! :) No way they sold out those 3,000 in 3 hours.

I haven't checked the rest of this thread to see if it's been mentioned already but there's also the Eddie Van Halen track that Marty plays on his walkman when he's dressed up in his yellow Darth Vadar suit.

What's a "w.a.l.k.m.a.n?"

tic :)

[quote name='Koray Savas' date='28 November 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1259451560'

I ordered it from Intrada, and still no shipping confirmation. This is bullshit! :P No way they sold out those 3,000 in 3 hours.

I'm sure it is because of all the comments you keep making about Media Ventures. There are always eyes watching. :)

[quote name='Koray Savas' date='28 November 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1259451560'

I ordered it from Intrada, and still no shipping confirmation. This is bullshit! :P No way they sold out those 3,000 in 3 hours.

I'm sure it is because of all the comments you keep making about Media Ventures. There are always eyes watching. :unsure:

I'm getting the following error when attempting to view page 4 of this thread"

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/jwfan.com/httpdocs/forums/admin/sources/classes/bbcode/custom/defaults.php on line 690"

For whatever reason the previous thread discussing Intrada's new Back to the Future CD became corrupt and the last page would not open for me, despite trying it with different browsers on different machines. I kept getting the same error message, "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/jwfan.com/httpdocs/forums/admin/sources/classes/bbcode/custom/defaults.php on line 690" whatever that means. Anyway, the discussion can hopefully continue in this thread.

Neil

I was about to ask "Why the hell did you do that for?" but you've answered that question. At least you didn't lock it because you don't like the score.

:)

I might have been the first one to notice...I asked Henry to check to see if it did it to him too and it did. That's weird that did that. I was able to open up the other threads just fine, but that was the only one that gave me a problem.

So while we were in the original thread, Biff stole the time machine, went back in time and gave every copy of the Intrada BTTF score to himself at some point in the past. It says right there Biff made his millions selling every last CD.

It probably unraveled the very fabric of the space/time continuum.

Granted, that's the worst-case scenario. . . .

- Uni

It probably unraveled the very fabric of the space/time continuum.

Granted, that's the worst-case scenario. . . .

- Scott

But the destruction might in fact be very localised, limited to merely our our galaxy...

For everyone who's interested, here's a complete cue list including the songs and source cues:

*01. Back to the Future (Overture) 8:19

02. Logo :23 (Unused Cue)

*03. "The Power of Love" 3:58 - Huey Lewis and the News

*04. "Time Bomb Town" 2:44 - Lindsey Buckingham

05. DeLorean Reveal 0:49

06. Einstein Disintegrated 1:25

07. ’85 Twin Pines Mall 4:45

08. Peabody Barn; Marty Ditches DeLorean 3:12

09. "Mister Sandman" 2:38 - The Four Aces

10. ’55 Town Square 1:20 (Plays During "Mister Sandman")

11. "The Ballad of Davey Crocket" 1:43 - Fess Parker

12. Lorraine’s Bedroom 0:49

13. Retrieve DeLorean 1:17

14. 1.21 Jigowatts 1:39

15. The Picture 1:08

16. Picture Fades 0:20

*17. "The Wallflower (Dance with Me Henry)" 2:44 - Etta James

18. Skateboard Chase 1:41

19. Marty’s Letter 1:21

*20. "Night Train" 2:17 - Marvin Berry and the Starlighters

21. "Pledging My Love" 2:28 - Johnny Ace

22. George to the Rescue – Pt. 1 0:53

23. Marvin Be-Bop 2:27 (Source Cue)

24. George to the Rescue – Pt. 2 2:37

*25. "Earth Angel (You Will Be Mine)" 3:01 - Marvin Berry and the Starlighters

26. Tension; The Kiss 1:35 (Plays During "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine")

*27. "Johnny B. Goode" 3:05 - Marty McFly with the Starlighters

28. Goodnight Marty 1:31 (Source Cue)

29. It’s Been Educational; Clocktower 10:32

30. Helicopter 0:21

31. ’85 Lone Pine Mall 3:49

32. 4 x 4 0:43

*33. "Heaven Is One Step Away" 4:08 - Eric Clapton

34. Doc Returns 1:16

*35. "Back in Time 4:21" - Huey Lewis and the News

36. Back to the Future (End Credits) 3:18

*Available on the original soundtrack album

Well since page 4 of the original thread is no longer accessible,I'll reiterate that I received my copy of BTTF in the mail Saturday. ;)

The sound qualit is excellent,I feel like I'm hearing it for the first time.

Wow...some people on FSM are bitching about the blending of "It's Been Educational" into "The Clocktower". I can why Intrada did this...Erik Woods stated over on FSM that it's possible that is what Alan Silvestri originally intended and I have to agree with him. I have no problems about the blending of those two cues. I liked how they were blended in the film, and I'm glad that Intrada went with the same decision.

If people are really unhappy with how they blended those two cues, then why get the set at all? That's just being disrespectful to Intrada...and some suggest that Intrada dropped the bomb on the whole BTTF release. I don't see how..

Hmm, so looking closer at my sales order, I noticed that the "To Be E-mailed" section says "No." This could explain why I haven't received a shipping confirmation, but that doesn't make sense since I did receive an order confirmation. If I don't get it by Tuesday I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I missed the first 3,000.

Wow...some people on FSM are bitching about the blending of "It's Been Educational" into "The Clocktower". I can why Intrada did this...Erik Woods stated over on FSM that it's possible that is what Alan Silvestri originally intended and I have to agree with him. I have no problems about the blending of those two cues. I liked how they were blended in the film, and I'm glad that Intrada went with the same decision.

If people are really unhappy with how they blended those two cues, then why get the set at all? That's just being disrespectful to Intrada...and some suggest that Intrada dropped the bomb on the whole BTTF release. I don't see how..

That one doesn't really bother me.

I'm a little unsure what to do about "Tension/The Kiss" and "Earth Angel" though. I don't like listening to the same thing twice, and yet you can't over lap the whole thing like in the film, but they're edited too closely to cut off "The Kiss"—I think... I haven't tried yet, but I may end up doing that.

I'm a little unsure what to do about "Tension/The Kiss" and "Earth Angel" though. I don't like listening to the same thing twice, and yet you can't over lap the whole thing like in the film, but they're edited too closely to cut off "The Kiss"—I think... I haven't tried yet, but I may end up doing that.

I don't mind the blend of Tension / The Kiss. I prefer to hear that with out "Earth Angel" over lapped. Plus with "The Kiss" there's unused music in the cue that they cut out of the film, if memory serves me right.

I don't worry about those things.

Me neither. I trust the Intrada, FSM, LaLa, etc. folks to know what they're doing and have never done any editing for any of their releases.

I normally don't either, just sad though that these guys are bitching about it.

Huh. Looking at my Intrada order, under "View", in the area for "Shipping" it says "Date: 11/24/09 Actual". The word "Actual" is clickable with a "What's this?" tooltip. But when I click on "Actual", a blank pop-up, erm, pops up. Hmm. My gut says it doesn't mean it actually shipped on 11/24/09, especially considering the "Pending Fulfillment" status. Oh well.

Life's too short to waste on an album with blended cues. It basically makes the entire soundtrack unlistenable. I'm going to wait for a real record company to release BTTF the right way.

Life's too short to waste on an album with blended cues. It basically makes the entire soundtrack unlistenable. I'm going to wait for a real record company to release BTTF the right way.

"Sarcasm is the recourse of a weak mind" - Dr. Smith.

Huh. Looking at my Intrada order, under "View", in the area for "Shipping" it says "Date: 11/24/09 Actual". The word "Actual" is clickable with a "What's this?" tooltip. But when I click on "Actual", a blank pop-up, erm, pops up. Hmm. My gut says it doesn't mean it actually shipped on 11/24/09, especially considering the "Pending Fulfillment" status. Oh well.

Same exact thing here, except for me it says 11/23/09.

"Sarcasm is the recourse of a weak mind" - Dr. Smith.

The late John Knowles also put it elegantly in his A Separate Peace: "Sarcasm [is] the protest of people who are weak."

I can't understand this kind of complaining too. These two cues are clearly meant to segue one into the other, as it is heard in the film and on the original album suite. I really don't get why people go mad about this minutiae.

We bitched till the cows came home about the merging of the 'truck' cue and 'blasphemy' in Crusade. But that was Williams. And that's totally unacceptable :eek2:

It seems like this guy's saying "I see them as 2 different cues, so I expect them to be separate. I don't care how they work in the film".

Everyone has different views on restorative releases, but I know there's a general feeling that these guys are performing, frankly, miracles in the film score world. If left to the studios, we'd probably have lost half our grails through tape decomposition.

The only occasion where I feel Intrada let go of the ball was whatever resulted in the music being left off Shrunk. I firmly believe a restorative release is not the time to be doing a Williams-eque hack job.

We bitched till the cows came home about the merging of the 'truck' cue and 'blasphemy' in Crusade. But that was Williams. And that's totally unacceptable :eek2:

Well, in that case the two cues are not meant to segue toguether, and have about 15 minutes of score between them. So its different.

I didnt care about it anyways, at least they were releasede in good quality.