Back To The Future is Here

Dean1700

That happened to me. The SAE account said Pending, the USPS tracking number didn't exist, and I didn't get an email.

Today, the tracking number says this:

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 2, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Oh well. I've had The Blue Box for two months without listening to it, so what makes me think I'll listen to BTTF before 2010...

USPS is slow on updating their tracking. Chances are you will get the CD before they update. I wouldn't really rely on the tracking for USPS. However if it says it's been shipped to you, depending on what you select you could receive it within the next week or so.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got to take a listen and do all the editing. Definitely a nice release! :) Excellent sound quality, and I always appreciate the spirit of completism. The playlist I put together indeed omits the two source cues, which are nice but not really part of the listening experience I want. However, "The Power of Love", "Mister Sandman", "Night Train", and the film version of "Johnny B. Goode" all are heard in the proper chronological places. Furthermore, I decided to go crazy and try editing "Tension; The Kiss" into "Earth Angel", and you know what? Surprisingly, I like the results and am including them in my playlist! It's kinda weird fading from this chilled-out love song into aleatoric screeching strings and pounding drums, but I've heard it that way in the movie so many times that it works for my ear. It makes the combined ending of "Earth Angel" and "The Kiss" so much more worth it. Last but not least, I did allow "Doc Returns" to transition into "Back in Time." Unlike the film version of the transition, I decided to let the end of "Doc Returns" to play all the way through beneath the initial crescendo of "Back in Time", but I fiddled with the volume levels to try to get a natural flow. Sounds pretty good, I think. Anyway, my total playing time is 1:01:02 - that's not including the earlier version of the score, though, which I'm looking forward to listening to perhaps tomorrow.

I enjoy "Jedi Rocks."

Weirdo.

Well, my SAE order has a tracking number, but it still says pending and USPS says the tracking number doesn't exist. I think I'm pushing my hopes back to next week. I wonder what'll come first, this or the big order I did a LaLa yesterday?

I have yet to actually see the benefit of using that because it's never updated.

Oh yeah UPS actually tracks your package, even if you see it went to Budapest before it came to you.

But everytime I use USPS I always get:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 2, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

From MovieMusic, I ordered BTTF along with Star Trek 2 expanded (hadn't gotten around to actually ordering a physical copy yet, since it was unlimited I knew I could wait), and The Patriot (the only 1999-current JW scores I didn't own).

Somehow The Patriot arrived on Tuesday, but BTTF and TWOK have not yet.

I even checked off the option to wait for all items to be available before shipping.... I guess Peter was feeling nice and sent out separate orders anyway.... but I dunno why I didn't get both The Patriot and TWOK together if BTTF is on backorder. Strange.

Peter has different locations he ships from. I think the specialty label discs ship from a different location compared to the regular releases.

I've had it happen in the past when I've done orders thru him.

Yes, he has diferent warehouses, I ordered BTTF, Innerspace and An American Tail and he told me he had to get An American Tail from another warehouse before he could send it to me in one package. No problem, I can wait.

Diego and Mark O. are correct Peter does have different warehouses that he ships from. The same thing happened with me once when I ordered a couple different CD's.

Don't worry though Jay, you'll get both your CD's from Peter. Oh and speaking of, Peter did say the BTTF's had begun shipping yesterday and he said he'll finish up today with the rest of them. So I should hopefully have my copy from him on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. :angry:

I've been ordering from Peter the last several years and he's definitely an honest upstanding guy. He'll always get orders from me. :)

I got shipping confirmation today, and the tracking is working. I don't care, I'll take the post office over UPS any time, they can actually figure out how to get it to me.

For everyone who's interested, here's a complete cue list including the songs and source cues:

*01. Back to the Future (Overture) 8:19

02. Logo :23 (Unused Cue)

*03. "The Power of Love" 3:58 - Huey Lewis and the News

*04. "Time Bomb Town" 2:44 - Lindsey Buckingham

05. DeLorean Reveal 0:49

06. Einstein Disintegrated 1:25

07. ’85 Twin Pines Mall 4:45

08. Peabody Barn; Marty Ditches DeLorean 3:12

09. "Mister Sandman" 2:38 - The Four Aces

10. ’55 Town Square 1:20 (Plays During "Mister Sandman")

11. "The Ballad of Davey Crocket" 1:43 - Fess Parker

12. Lorraine’s Bedroom 0:49

13. Retrieve DeLorean 1:17

14. 1.21 Jigowatts 1:39

15. The Picture 1:08

16. Picture Fades 0:20

*17. "The Wallflower (Dance with Me Henry)" 2:44 - Etta James

18. Skateboard Chase 1:41

19. Marty’s Letter 1:21

*20. "Night Train" 2:17 - Marvin Berry and the Starlighters

21. "Pledging My Love" 2:28 - Johnny Ace

22. George to the Rescue – Pt. 1 0:53

23. Marvin Be-Bop 2:27 (Source Cue)

24. George to the Rescue – Pt. 2 2:37

*25. "Earth Angel (You Will Be Mine)" 3:01 - Marvin Berry and the Starlighters

26. Tension; The Kiss 1:35 (Plays During "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine")

*27. "Johnny B. Goode" 3:05 - Marty McFly with the Starlighters

28. Goodnight Marty 1:31 (Source Cue)

29. It’s Been Educational; Clocktower 10:32

30. Helicopter 0:21

31. ’85 Lone Pine Mall 3:49

32. 4 x 4 0:43

*33. "Heaven Is One Step Away" 4:08 - Eric Clapton

34. Doc Returns 1:16

*35. "Back in Time 4:21" - Huey Lewis and the News

36. Back to the Future (End Credits) 3:18

*Available on the original soundtrack album

Cool! One of my all-time fave non-Williams movies and scores. It says on backorder but I just ordered it. Can't wait to get it.

I have all the songs and will probably make a version with the songs in the appropriate places. I'm not much for oldies or pop music, but these songs have somewhat grown on me from watching the movie so much. But if I listen to it and think the songs break up the flow of the score music, then I'll go back to just the score. I'll just have to try to see what I think.

I got it!

Man, it's so unreal. It's hard to believe this thing is actually sitting on my desk in front of me right now. I just listened to both discs, and I am so glad I've got it! I already loved the score, but hearing it in its entirety in superb sound quality just gave me a greater appreciation for it. It seriously bumps it up a few points in my book. I was positively giddy by the time I finished the first disc.

Some nice things were little details like the end of "Marty Ditches Delorean," which I had heard on the boot, but never really noticed the strings sustaining just a little bit after the chimes end, which gives a really neat effect. It was also a great surprise to hear the absolutely unused, unbooted, unre-recorded cue "The Picture." I'm not gonna try to sync it up tonight, but I really like it.

The second disc was a really interesting listen. There was some really cool material, and some revelations on the origins of some of the themes and underscoring (the motive from the finale music was originated in "Einstein Disintegrated"! Who'da thunk it?!). Ultimately, though, I'll say that while I'm glad to have the original cues, I'm also REALLY glad they made the changes they did. A small example is "Retrieve DeLorean." There's that part where there's the quiet fanfare going on as Doc sees the flux capacitor, and in the final cues, those string variations of the main theme really helped to make the cue. And the original "Clocktower," while having some great material in its own right, wasn't as focused or exhilirating as the final cue, IMO.

This was a stellar release. The only minor gripes I might be able to offer are the lack of the film versions of "Earth Angel" (the guitar pattern at the beginning is different from the album version, I know that much) and "Johnny B. Goode." (I keep hearing references to this. Is this a DVD r*p?) Not only are those not Silvestri's music, though, but I would imagine the costs would have been even greater, so all things considered, I can't really complain. I'm thrilled to finally own this. Intrada has done it again.

The only minor gripes I might be able to offer are the lack of the film versions of "Earth Angel" (the guitar pattern at the beginning is different from the album version, I know that much) and "Johnny B. Goode." (I keep hearing references to this. Is this a DVD r*p?)

If the film version of "Johnny B. Goode" is available through means other than DVD ripping, I don't know anything about it. I just ripped it all from the DVD. I was originally going to just edit the crazy ending into the beginning from the album, but then I realized that the mix is way different in the film, so I just ripped the whole thing. It sounds okay...not great, but for me, it's better than any of the alternatives.

I'm listening to the alternate "Clocktower" right now. Interesting how much electric piano (I think) is in there, eh? I definitely prefer the final version, but it's so cool to have all these alternates. What a difference in "Tension; The Kiss"! (The film version has been stuck in my head all day...)

Ya the alternates are definitely interesting...but like you DataMeister I prefer the final film versions, especially for "The Clock Tower" and "85 Lone Pine Mall". I wonder though if the alternate "The Clocktower" would sync up to the film.

Whew, my order from Intrada finally arrived today! The packaging is pretty nice, though a few of the design elements look slightly amateurish to me and the hinges are squeaking. But no matter...all that truly counts is the music, which is obviously fantastic! ;)

I actually don't like this release too much. Each track is like a minute long. The only one I find myself returning to is "It's Been Educational/Clocktower."

?

you didnt need this release to know the tracks were just minute long. the score is like that. if you like it in the movie, you like it. if not, then you dont.

I mean..it's not intrada's fault.

I miss having the "main title" piece from my footwarmer. When a score starts this slow it's nice to have an overture to get things going. I might put it at the start of my playlist.

It's just the End Credits piece. Just bookend it like Williams does.

What extra magnet did you get? I have an extra composer one I don't think you have.

I actually don't like this release too much. Each track is like a minute long. The only one I find myself returning to is "It's Been Educational/Clocktower."

If that's supposed to be sarcastic and or funny...didn't really come off very well. If you are serious...then why the hell did you get the CD?

If you really dislike it that much then why have it? Give it to someone else who would enjoy it. It's comments like these that just makes me shake my head.

Edit: Your comment is almost as dumb and idiotic about Shaun over on FSM bitching about "It's Been Educational / The Clocktower" being merged on the disc...

It's just the End Credits piece. Just bookend it like Williams does.

What, and become a hack album producer like him? :mellow:

I could swear the one on my...old copy was a different arrangement, I haven't listened again yet to check.

What extra magnet did you get? I have an extra composer one I don't think you have.

Just the general SAE one, you've probably got 10 of them laying around somewhere. :huh:

If that's supposed to be sarcastic and or funny...didn't really come off very well. If you are serious...then why the hell did you get the CD?

If you really dislike it that much then why have it? Give it to someone else who would enjoy it. It's comments like these that just makes me shake my head.

Edit: Your comment is almost as dumb and idiotic about Shaun over on FSM bitching about "It's Been Educational / The Clocktower" being merged on the disc...

Sorry for having an opinion.

Geez, Trent.

It's not like he insulted your mother...

Sorry for having an opinion.

What an idiotic apology.