Back To The Future is Here

Dean1700

Well, it's certainly better than what was included on Intrada's CDs and the OST. I realize this shit is expensive and we're lucky to get what we do, and perhaps I'm in the minority, but I was annoyed how they blew off the source music stating the songs could be found on the MCA CD. They can't. Not all of them and not film versions of the songs from the dance. Great Scott.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I absolutely love the songs and source music in this film, I'm okay with the fact that they did a score-only release. Getting the film version of "Johnny B. Goode" would have been nice, but everything else is easily available for a low price - if not on the OST, then elsewhere.

Technically, I think those two cues I mentioned above aren't really overlaid properly. The segue from "Peabody Barn Part 2" into "Ditches DeLorean" (the revised versions of both cues, of course) doesn't quite sound right to me, either, but it's been a while since I looked into it. Also, if you're a stickler for original cue titles, there's some renaming to be done.

If you don't want the source music included, there's no editing to be done on this one, is there?

there are instrumental source cues in the score, 3 I believe, 2 in the normal disc and 1 in the alternate dizk

it inspired me to finally take a long, hard look at this and figure out what was actually intended to be done with these three cues, plus "Earth Angel" itself.

I would love to hear more about this when you get it figured out.

As much as I absolutely love the songs and source music in this film, I'm okay with the fact that they did a score-only release.

I am glad also

here is another cue from my BTTFII edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1IptK1dLtc

My only gripe is the horribly misjudged placement of the two source jazz cues (especially the first one) on the album.

My only gripe is the horribly misjudged placement of the two source jazz cues (especially the first one) on the album.

Agreed. I don't know why they didn't just add them to the end of Disc 2 with the other unused source cue. To me it really distracts the listening experience for the over all score itself on Disc 1.

• 3 years later...

Good to know it'll still be in print though.

Only as a single disc when this set sells out. The single disc will NOT have the alternates like the 2nd disc does.