2009's Greatest Releases

Dean1700

Imagine having John Williams stuck in your chimney and having to call the fire brigade to get him out, Towering Inferno stylee!

I'd tell him I'd put on the score to Towering Inferno if I owned it. Then I'd offer to help him if he provided me with a copy.

You need to listen to other composers more often.

Alright, just as soon as they compose any good music.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then listen to them!

I didn't realize we were including current releases, add Star Trek and Up to my list.

Wouldn't this just make it your favorite scores of 2009? I mean Up was a pretty bad release since it was a digital download. Albeit better than nothing, but still. And Star Trek was only 45 minutes...

Then listen to them!

I didn't realize we were including current releases, add Star Trek and Up to my list.

Wouldn't this just make it your favorite scores of 2009? I mean Up was a pretty bad release since it was a digital download. Albeit better than nothing, but still. And Star Trek was only 45 minutes...

That's why I didn't include any new music in my initial posts but then others started adding current ones.

But I have another addition:

Freud

Star Trek was one of my favorite scores of 2009, but due to it's length, and the amount of great material left off, it is not the greatest releases of the year by a LONG shot.

It was okay, but way too short, and didn't do the score justice.

Star Trek II was a GREAT release, and so was BSG Season 4.

Then listen to them!

That's why I didn't include any new music in my initial posts but then others started adding current ones.

But I have another addition:

Freud

Now we're talking :D

This and Intrada's Alien together, we have the complete score to Alien :D

Airplane

Honey I Shrunk the Kids

Lonely Are The Brave

The Right Stuff

Back To The Future

Innerspace

The Fugitive

Star Trek II

Twilight Zone The Movie

Hanover Street

These are - amongst many others, of course - my highlights.

Definitely it's been a great year for us soundtrack junkies, so may the 2010 bring us at least as many treasures! :D