Star Trek Questions and Nitpicks

Uni

Actually, it was the Director Nicholas Meyer's mother :)

Prior to Star Trek II, it was deliberately kept vague as to how far in the future they were (200-300 years), and was rather inconsistently applied on TOS.

The Stardates actually don't quite make sense when examined closely either, and were there so that they could give a date on the logs without actually giving a date or timeframe or year in any precise way.

Sometimes, you just should not look at the man behind the curtain :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stardate thing in the films generally annoys me. It was originally iconic, but then was used a bit randomly, like the TMP DE bit where Kirk arrives, or the bit where the Grissom arrives at Genesis in III. Both flagrantly unnecessary.

The stardate thing in the films generally annoys me. It was originally iconic, but then was used a bit randomly, like the TMP DE bit where Kirk arrives, or the bit where the Grissom arrives at Genesis in III. Both flagrantly unnecessary.

One of the reasons that the stardate was included in the "Grissom arrives at Genesis" scene, was that it was meant to be the first scene in the film.

Is the "David and Saavik look for Spock in a storm" scene available anywhere (it features the cut music from "Stealimg The Enterprise")? What about the David/Saavik romance?

One of the reasons that the stardate was included in the "Grissom arrives at Genesis" scene, was that it was meant to be the first scene in the film.

Theoretically I can understand that, but a simple card could have easily been changed.

That would have been a rubbish way to start the film, mind.