Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone

Datameister

The Fellowship Of The Ring ain't got shit on this. :thumbup:

No kidding!

"[uNNUMBERED] End Credits Pt. I" is also known as 'Harry's Wondrous World' on the albums but this version omits the Chamber of Secrets extension used in the concert performances (obviously)

Keep in mind that the COS ending is just the end of the REAL "Harry's Wondrous World" that Williams wrote for the SS Children's Suite. There were two versions written for SS: "End Credits Part 1" was released on the OST as "Harry's Wondrous World" (with a minor microedit), and then "Harry's Wondrous World" is the exact same thing but with the ending heard in the COS version.

EDIT: And also, "The Sorcerer's Stone" is just "Three Note Loop." Williams never wrote a separate concert suite for that theme, with the exception of "Voldemort."

Well, "Three Note Loop" seems like a concert piece as well. The phrasing and dynamics are so even that it seems unlikely it was intended as score. As GoodMusician mentioned, it only approximately fits the 7M3 scene.

It was reused in the opening of the chamber scene in CoS. To be honest, I thought it was really cool in this context, despite being thematically wrong.

Theres some cybol crash tracked in i cant find but yea, entrance into the great hall is tracked there.

As for the HWW, why is it that the "real ending" was recorded only in the COS recording sessions, and even then, they recorded it as an insert. The ending is faked. You can tell they cut it into the credits recording from SS and the final bang of the orchestra is faked fron the SS recording with the fade out just being synthesized.

So weird

This is what I got from the PDF from Chamber of Secret:

1M1 - Prologue: Book II

1M3A - Gather Around (0:46)

1M3 - Introducing Dobbie (1:14)

1M4 - Dobby Warns Harry (1:59)

1M5 - Unsent Letters/Cake

1M5B - Unsent Letters Cake Ending

1M7 - Escape From The Dursley's (3:10)

1M8 - Magical Household (0:49)

1M9 - Letters From Hogwarts/Floo Powder (2:03)

1M9 Insert - Errol Delivers The Mail (0:05)

1M10 - Borgin and Burkes (0:48)

1M11/2MA - Knocturn Alley/Diagon Alley (1:37)

2M1A - Flourish and Blotts (0:32)

2M1B - Harry Meets Lucius (2:35)

2M2 - The Train Station (1:47)

2M2 Insert - (Sketch only)

2M3 - The Flying Car

2M4 - Whomping Willow (1:08)

2M4A - Car Escapes (0:23)

2M5 - Filches Warning (0:20)

2M6 - Boys Receive Detention (1:28)

2M8/2M8A - Introducing Colin/Mail Delivery (0:53)

2M8A - Mail Delivery Insert (0:13)

2M9 - Howler Letter For Ron (0:33)

2M10 - Gilderoy Lockhart (2:00)

2M11A - Cornish Pixies (0:42)

2M11B - Flying Pixies (1:16)

Flying Pixies Revised Ending (1:27)

3M1 - Eat Slugs (1:31)

Hermione and the Mudbloods (1:08)

3M3 - The Writing On The Wall (3:11)

3M4 - Dumbledore's Caution (1:05)

3M5 - Night Corridor (1:46)

3M6 Insert - Transformation (Class Ending)

3M6 - Transformation (3:15)

3M7 - The Library (0:46)

4M1 Pt 1 - Quidditch Stadium Part I (1:47)

4M1 Pt 2 - Quidditch Stadium Part II (1:21)

4M1 Pt 3 - Chasing The Snitch (2:17)

4M1 Pt 4 - Harry Catches The Snitch (1:02)

4M2 - Petrified Colin (2:32)

4M3 - Moaning Myrtle (0:38)

4M4 - Dueling Club (4:48)

5M1 - Harry Is A Parselmouth/The Mountain (0:39)

5M2 - Harry on the Mountain (0:43)

5M4 - Petrified Justin (2:26)

5M4A - The Introduction of Fawkes (1:22)

5M5 - Fawkes Is Reborn (0:31)

5M6 (or 5M7) - Christmas Break (2:07)

5M8 - Cakes For Crabbe and Goyle (1:13)

5M9 Insert - Polyjuice Intro (3:02)

5M10A - Worse Than Dumbledore (0:57)

6M2 - The Diary (0:22)

6M4B - Meeting Tom Riddle (4:12)

6M5 - Ransacked Dormitory (0:50)

6M6 - Petrified Hermione (0:40)

7M1 - Hagrid's Arrest (5:01)

7M2 - The Spiders Part I (1:00)

7M3 - Aragog (3:14)

7M4 - The Spiders Part II (3:46)

7M5A/B - Car Drives Off/It's A Basilisk (2:12)

7M6/8M1 - Ginny Gets Snatched (2:09)

8M2 - Myrtle's Tale (1:20)

8M2A Insert - The Chamber Door Opens (1:44)

8M2B - Goodbye To Memories (2:14)

8M2B Pt II - Harry Goes To Find Ginny (0:31)

8M3 - Fawkes Delivers The Hat (2:37)

8M5 - Dueling The Dragon (2:19)

8M7/9M1 - Fawkes Heals Harry (1:17)

9M2 - Dumbledore and Harry (2:50)

9M3 - Lucius Visits Dumbledore/Dobby Is Freed (3:51)

9M4 - A Reunion of Friends (5:03)

9M4 Alt. Ending V. S.

The Chamber of Secrets

End Credits Pt I (8:00)

Dobbie

Fawkes The Phoenix (3:39)

Uhm... I'm not good at this stuff though and I'm not sure what it could be used for. Just find it interesting to see. ;)

Theres some cybol crash tracked in i cant find but yea, entrance into the great hall is tracked there.

As for the HWW, why is it that the "real ending" was recorded only in the COS recording sessions, and even then, they recorded it as an insert. The ending is faked. You can tell they cut it into the credits recording from SS and the final bang of the orchestra is faked fron the SS recording with the fade out just being synthesized.

So weird

I once played both at the same time and they started to be different in the middle section. Is that only result of pitch change?

And doesnt COS' piece sounds better? LSO performance better...

Lone first night: was there a real alternate of this? i can't read music very well...

It sounds like to the Plaza, Presto.

Exactly what I was thinking. I smell a temp-track.

The CoS cue list really doesn't tempt me even remotely as much. 9M3 is the only major cue I'd like.There's so much reused music, and what's new really isn't that exciting.

The HP:PS sessions on the other hand.... wow. Amazing score in its full form.

The HP:PS sessions on the other hand.... wow. Amazing score in its full form.

it's just mind blowing how much effort Williams put in that one

Is it me or the sound quality is TPM UE good...far better than the OST

yes, you have to make a more "listener friendly" version by individually raising the volume of each cue by about 5db and edit out the silences and Williams talking in some cues

The CoS cue list really doesn't tempt me even remotely as much. 9M3 is the only major cue I'd like.There's so much reused music, and what's new really isn't that exciting.

overall your right, most of it is on the c.d. or re-hashed from PS. There's a few cues that would be cool to have, like the burrow music, the Harold owl bit ,the final confrontation with Malfoy..

PoA also has relatively little unreleased music but a few highlights are missing from the OST

Wow, the "Three Note Loop" is breath-taking. It's a lot better than the Skull theme. I love how the way it reaches a sort of climax and starts again. I can totally see it being used it Part II.

No Shawn Murphy.

I've been saying for years this score was a masterpiece based on the DVD rips. To finally hear it like this is breathtaking. Today is a good day.

My absolute favorite bit is the full Gryffindor Wins ( the CoS recording cutting out the last part).To me this is better than Leaving Hogwarts

Then:

The centaur music

The ending of the chess match

Dumbledore's speech in the infirmary at the end of the film

Olivander's wand

Williams conducted Family Portrait

The Troll fight

Introduction to Quidditch

They're very, very similar. Some cues sound a little better on the OST. Listen to the beginning of "The Quidditch Match" and then compare it to the beginning of "Let the Games Begin."

Then again, I never noticed any substantial improvement in the UE, either.

the UE vs the TPM OST...are you kidding?

Also there's nothing like the sound of crd's of dvd rear channel rips hitting the bottom of the garbage can

Then again, I never noticed any substantial improvement in the UE, either.

Now that you mention it, you're right. If you take the OST material and amp it up and match it to the levels of the Ultimate Edition material it's virtually identical.

the UE vs the TPM OST...are you kidding?

Nope. I just did some comparisons, and I do hear the difference, but from the way people describe it, you'd think it the OST sounded like the TLC boot.

I love the aound quality of the ue to episode i and to home alone IIs complete album.

I made my own edit of this already. I only did small things. Playinf lightly with the eq and bringing up the volume. Minor normalization. I made two versions: one to keep the stage sound and presentation of this and the other to create an album like one

I hate the sound of the COS recordings. Its why the extension to hww is so obvioualy from the cos recordings

Lucius Malfoy has a theme in COS, and I think that didn't make it onto the OST...maybe that's what you're thinking of? Anyway, it's really just the Separatists' theme from AOTC, so just go listen to that. ;)

The quality is revelation. I have been blasting it on the large speakers all day. Another couple days, this may just be my favorite Williams score. The energy is the orchestra is astounding! Reminds me of the LSO of the 80's. I really can't say enough about it. I wish the LSO gave this much energy into 2 and 3! I really think Phantom Menace was their last recording that blew me away. Their energy seems to lack as of late, even in the subsequent prequels.

No Shawn Murphy.

I've been saying for years this score was a masterpiece based on the DVD rips. To finally hear it like this is breathtaking. Today is a good day.

So that's why POA sounds a little "off"? For example, there is something "off" about Aunt Marge's Waltz. The music is perfect, the orchestration is perfect... But the sound quality doesn't seem absolutely right, at least for me. It should sound (specially in the ending part) in all its glory. Instead, it sounds... off.

Anyone know what I mean?

So that's why POA sounds a little "off"? For example, there is something "off" about Aunt Marge's Waltz. The music is perfect, the orchestration is perfect... But the sound quality doesn't seem absolutely right, at least for me. It should sound (specially in the ending part) in all its glory. Instead, it sounds... off.

Anyone know what I mean?

Yes, and I agree. It's like that with much of the score's 'big' moments actually.... to me at least. ^^

I don't know if this would be in my top 5 Williams scores, but I could say it's Williams' last truly grand score. PoA, even though I prefer it, lacks that grandeur, I feel.

And not sure why, but I really prefer to have the Quidditch match split up.

I don't know if this would be in my top 5 Williams scores, but I could say it's Williams' last truly grand score. PoA, even though I prefer it, lacks that grandeur, I feel.

I was thinking the same thing!

"Slytherin Scores" is more impressive to me by itself.

It's not top 5, but it's top 15-ish for me.

Does everyone else's "You're a Wizard" cut off towards the end?

Also, COS has a ton of tracks I want. The opening scenes, writing on the wall, McGonagall tells the story, the end Dumbledore and Dobby scenes. Basically the whole thing. It doesn't matter to me if its adapted/re-used, most of it sounds great. It's not, for example, a Ken Thorne Superman II scenario where it has this un-Williams sound and the adapted music basically inspires you to want to listen to the original score. I find COS an excellent companion/sequel.

I'm too used to hearing it as one piece. To have the music just stop suddenly when the quaffle is thrown into the air just wouldn't sound right. Same goes for the other transitions.

There's many other cues I always wanted split up ,like A Change of Seasons without Norwegian Ridgeback tacked on , the Christmas at Hogwarts cues without the song in the middle...

Also, it's a small edit, but the very beginning part of Christmas Morning which was annoyingly edited out of the CD track. What a dumbass series of edits plague some of these JW soundtracks.

Also, it's a small edit, but the very beginning part of Christmas Morning which was annoyingly edited out of the CD track. What a dumbass series of edits plague some of these JW soundtracks.

yes ,that always bothered me