The Big Bang Theory

MSM

There is no sex in this finale. It's classic Big Bang Theory, 7 very close friends share one great moment.

I won't put this in spoilers because when you see the episode you'll understand I'm giving nothing away.

You finally see Howard's Mother.

• 1 month later...

I'm finally hooked to Big band theory. In the past i just had seen isolated episodes. Hilarious

And damn, thanks to the series, i think i discovered dont tolerate lactose anymore. Damn growing up, i love milk.

I'm one chapter to finish my long overdue journey with Frasier (does that expresion sound too weird?), from december to tomorrow, almost one chapter per day :)

• 1 year later...

I have no idea, I don't watch it

The ratings are higher this year than ever before, so it makes sense for CBS to do this

But creatively, can the writers really be that motivated to produce a good product now? I mean when they are writing season 10 (10!) how into it will they really be?

I don't think any show should go beyond 7 seasons. Every show gets stale by then.

I've seen a good number of reruns, and it's an entertaining enough program. Often suffers from "dumb CBS sitcom humor" syndrome though, and the laughtrack doesn't help.

I don't think any show should go beyond 7 seasons. Every show gets stale by then.

Not Seinfeld!

I don't watch it nowadays, but I did rather like the first series. There seemed to be a lot of genuinely funny scientific or mathematical jokes and references back then. Over the next couple of series it seemed to rely more on the character stereotypes for its humour. Or maybe it's just that the novelty wore off.

I've watched a couple of episodes of this thing while having lunch and zapping through the channels, and I found it to be generally unfunny, with that predictable sitcom humor (and the laughtrack pointing out when you should laugh). And the guy with the Green Lantern shirt really got on my nerves. True, I've only watched 2 episodes, but I kinda made wonder why is this show so popular

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

The final episode ever of this show is airing Thursday night.

Do any JWFanners still watch?

We drifted off from it around four seasons back. A brilliant tea time sitcom in its heyday, but it has ran its course. Once people were coupled up and having children together, it all began to look a bit sad, to see these middle aged people still living/hanging out together in the same apartment block a decade later.

Nowt wrong with another classic finally coming to a close though, and it's at least kept most of its dignity in doing so.

36 minutes ago, Quintus said:

We drifted off from it around four seasons back. A brilliant tea time sitcom in its heyday, but it has ran its course. Once people were coupled up and having children together, it all began to look a bit sad, to see these middle aged people still living/hanging out together in the same apartment block a decade later.

Nowt wrong with another classic finally coming to a close though, and it's at least kept most of its dignity in doing so.

Its clear you are talking about a different show. 

It is still a great show with ups and down. The final two episodes air Thursday. Sheldon is an amazing character. Young Sheldon is a superior show.

I know shows like the arrested development and other similar shows are more popular here but in not in the real world.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Do any JWFanners still watch?

I do. It's not as good as it was, but there are still laughs to be had.

Not convinced they're finishing it up the way I would've preferred.

But I got this far... Might as well finish it.

2 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Not convinced they're finishing it up the way I would've preferred.

But I got this far... Might as well finish it.

Sounds like you're talking about Game of Thrones!

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

So like GOT? ;)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Sounds like you're talking about Game of Thrones!

LOL, yep, pretty much!

Though I never was as much into GoT as the rest of the world seemed to be.

I prefer characters who support each other, rather than suffering from chronic backstabbing disorder.

And oh crap, that can STILL apply to both BBT and GoT!!

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

Arrested Development is absolutely terrible now Joey. The first season though, is god tier.

Never seemed like anything I would find funny. Like seinfeld

5 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I do agree with that. For me it took a turn for the worse the moment Amy joined, but fortunately I enjoyed watching it too much to really care.

Amy is one of the best things that the show has done. Those little moments when Sheldon slaps her on the ass telling her to get him another beer or her reaction to the Tiara. 

The crossover between Big Bang and Young Seldon promises to be very good and happy-sad.

This is how you end a series. Its a satisfying conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Seems like it ended more satisfying than GOT will next sunday.

But...who knows.

Game of Thrones was once the best thing on television. 

The Big Bang Theory didn’t have a very high bar set for itself...

As much as I've really enjoyed parts of Game of Thrones, at no point did I ever think it was the best thing I was watching at the time. There's been flashes of greatness at times, but to be considered truly great by me it would have needed to be much more consistent, and well just better than it has been.