Regarding Those Expanded Bond Albums...

Lurker

Lukas Kendall at Film Score Monthly has announced what the deal is with the expanded Bond albums. If you're too lazy to click the link, here are the details:

16 classic Bond soundtracks are being reissued by EMI-Capitol & Virgin (for GoldenEye) in February.

Due Feb. 11, 2003:

DR. NO - same as LP

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE - same as LP

ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE - expanded edition, remixed to 75+ min. (almost complete score - it wouldn't fit)

DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER - expanded edition, remixed to 75+ min., complete score plus alternates.

LIVE AND LET DIE - expanded edition, complete score.

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY - same as Rykodisc CD

OCTOPUSSY - same as Rykodisc CD

THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS - same as Rykodisc CD

Due Feb. 25, 2003:

GOLDFINGER - not remixed but will have 4 extra tracks from the U.K. LP at end of program.

THUNDERBALL - remixed, expanded to 75+ min. (almost complete score - it wouldn't fit)

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - remixed, expanded to 73 min. (complete score)

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN - same as LP

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME - same as LP

MOONRAKER - same as LP

A VIEW TO A KILL - same as LP

GOLDENEYE - same as CD

The five expanded titles -- Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, O.H.M.S.S., Diamonds and Live and Let Die -- represent EMI, MGM and independent contractors such as yours truly working very hard in not a lot of time to get Bond fans the best of the vintage 007 scores. The sound quality on these titles is STUNNING. The CDs will feature the original LP programs followed by bonus sections of previously unreleased tracks.

No extra masters were available for Dr. No, From Russia With Love, or Moonraker (recorded in Paris). Feel free to complain but there was nothing anyone could do!

One other thing -- keep your 30th Anniversary 2CD set as the rare vocal demos from Thunderball (Mr. Kiss Kiss), You Only Live Twice and Goldfinger are not being carried over for clearance reasons. Which is just as well as it leaves room on Thunderball for more unreleased score...

Neil

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a promising collection, although I could do without Goldeneye. That's one title that needs to be severely discontinued, all the master tapes erased, and every existing copy of the soundtrack destroyed. :)

If the newer releases that stick to the "album only" version has full liner notes and all that, I would happily replace the current ones I have.

John Barry rocks!

Bond is Back!

This is what I call a bit of good news! hopefully the availability of these will be good! The only NON Arnold bond score I have is Diamonds! Well ok I have Goldeneye but that was before I knew what I was getting into! (didn't have the internet in 95! ) I've always wanted the Living Daylights, OHMSS, Goldfinger and Thunderball ok and maybe licences to Kill(which doesn't seem to be on the list) and Live and Let Die. So ok I want them all but hey this is more then I was expecting!

Brian99_1 - Now BRING ON THE ARNOLD ones!

The only Bond score I have are TND and TWINE, so I'm excited about getting these older complete scores.

If I were to buy just one or two to begin, where should I start?

Definitely On Her Majesty's Secret Service and then either Thunderball or You Only Live Twice.

I'll be getting all of these eventually. I'll start with the expanded albums (which I don't have, except for my personal edit of Thunderball) and then I'll worry about getting the standard re-issues, since they won't offer anything that I don't have, beyond new notes.

Neil

I find parts of the YOLT score a little annoying.

Don't even get me started on the film. :)

Justin -Wonder why James Bond looks like Spock in the Jappenese scenes. ;)

Good, now I can finally get the Bond scores I delayed buying untill a re-release of some sort.

i also would have liked an expanded/remastered Moonraker if I had to pick only one.

k.M.

I will be buying the five re-mastered and expanded scores immediately. The other ones I will get eventually, but right now they are not a priority. I'll save up and get them one at a time.

Neil

Well All I have to say is that I want ALL of them! Well except maybe for Diamonds which I never liked. But After just seeing Die Another Day I know of another Bond score that needs a expansion. I know it just came out but along with TWINE there is ALOT of good stuff missing! Luckly with TND there was some stuff put on a second disc and the Isolated score on DVD so YAY for expanded Barry scores BRING ON THE ARNOLD!!! :)

Brian99_1

Brian, don't under-estimate Diamonds are Forever. It has some excellent recordings of the Bond theme. Just hearing the gun barrel music and the music underscoring the shot of the hovercraft will be worth it for me.

Neil

Neil I have the old Diamonds are forever disc and it almost puts me to sleep it's like they cut all the action sequences from the Album. So if the new one has enough new stuff on it to warrent buying it again I might.

Brian99_1